Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 06:06:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Tracking your trade performance across exchanges?  (Read 186 times)
enamakel (OP)
Copper Member

Activity: 56
Merit: 3

View Profile
September 10, 2020, 05:20:58 PM

Hey guys; wanted to share some work I have been doing on a trade performance tracking tool. 

What the tool does is it fetches historical data like trades, deposits, withdrawals, etc. from your accounts on multiple exchanges & gives you charts/analysis of your trade performance, trade history & portfolio gains across all exchanges.

Basically, a single place for analyzing your performance across exchanges over time. You can also look at your beta, alpha, sharpe ratio & standard deviation against various benchmarks.

I am attaching some screenshots of it with dummy data. The tool is a little buggy right now; mostly will be able to resolve all bugs in a couple of weeks.

Let me know what you guys think about this. If you'd like to try it out, please share your details here (https://bit.ly/3bRHG6L)& I will reach out to you to see if I have created any value for you guys.

Are there are any different features, that i should/could have explored? Would be interesting to know your thoughts. Thanks!!!
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Tytanowy Janusz
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1622

View Profile
September 11, 2020, 11:48:12 AM

Hey.
How is this tool fetching historical data from my trades? Do i have to provide login/password/apikey? If so than it is not worth to take a risk of loosing founds (exposing sensitive data on "a little buggy" tool)
only to see trade history in fancy way. Maybe ApiKey with info permisson only is ok ... but i'm sure that non-api users will input keys with wrong permissions (i heard that during ICO bubble 5% of eth adresses provided by airdrop hunters were priv keys instead of public). So you have to be ready to take care of users sensitive data.

Which exchanges are supported?

enamakel (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
September 11, 2020, 07:12:24 PM

Hey.
How is this tool fetching historical data from my trades? Do i have to provide login/password/apikey? If so than it is not worth to take a risk of loosing founds (exposing sensitive data on "a little buggy" tool)
only to see trade history in fancy way. Maybe ApiKey with info permisson only is ok ... but i'm sure that non-api users will input keys with wrong permissions (i heard that during ICO bubble 5% of eth adresses provided by airdrop hunters were priv keys instead of public). So you have to be ready to take care of users sensitive data.

Which exchanges are supported?

So, currently we have integrated Binance & Bitfinex. Looking to integrate more soon.

Regarding your question about sensitive data being compromised. Yes, the data comes from the API keys provided by you, but API keys are never saved on the server but locally on your machine. Hope that answers your question. 
Bitcoin_Arena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1786

฿itcoin for all, All for ฿itcoin.

View Profile
September 11, 2020, 08:11:48 PM

So Tradecontrol is part of crytocontrol?

Why do you guys have that Get access feature? It so annoying. I remember trying to get access to your cryptocontrol trading terminal, I was told to wait but to this date i have never got any access to it and I started thinking may you people are just collecting email addresses. Not cool at all.

but API keys are never saved on the server but locally on your machine. Hope that answers your question. 
How shall we be sure of this? Are you going to make the code viewable by the public?

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
rexxarofmoknathal

Activity: 966
Merit: 260

View Profile
September 11, 2020, 08:58:40 PM

Hey.

The mere fact that you have to connect your data containing private info not only about your trades but your wallet amounts etc indicates to me more risk.

While I get that performance tracking would be made easier if it was to be done all in one place (some feature exchanges should be thinking about developing) I'm not feeling comfortable sharing all of this info across at least 2 mediums, and to a second place which is a 'little buggy tool'.

The first thing these tools need to get right is security before even getting adoption.

BUY & SELL
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
BITCOIN ETHEREUM RIPPLE
FAQ
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
AFFILIATE PROGRAM

░██████████████████░
████████████████████
█████████▀░░░███████
█████████░░▄████████
███████▀▀░░▀▀███████
███████▄▄░░▄▄███████
█████████░░█████████

█████████░░█████████

█████████▄▄█████████

████████████████████

░██████████████████░
░██████████████████░
████████████████████
████████████▀▀▀█▀███
███░▀█████▀░░░░░▀███
███▌░░░▀▀▀░░░░░░████
████▄░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████▀░░░░░░░░░█████

██████▄░░░░░▄▄██████

█████▄▄▄▄███████████

████████████████████

░██████████████████░
░██████████████████░
████████████████████
████████████████████
███████████▀▀░░▐████
███████▀▀░░░░░█████
████▀░░░▄█▀░░░▐█████
█████▄▄█▀░░░░░██████

███████▌▄▄▄▐██████

████████████████████

████████████████████

░██████████████████░
Tytanowy Janusz
Legendary

View Profile
September 12, 2020, 06:07:21 AM

So, currently we have integrated Binance & Bitfinex. Looking to integrate more soon.

A lot of work ahead of you. I would go with bitmex next, coinbase, kraken, huobi (both spot and derivates).

Regarding your question about sensitive data being compromised. Yes, the data comes from the API keys provided by you, but API keys are never saved on the server but locally on your machine. Hope that answers your question. 

Yes. Thanks ... It looks like its safer than I initially though. Is it going to be open source?
Dorodha

Activity: 252
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 12, 2020, 02:54:24 PM

Tracking usually involves a lot of risk when it comes to exchanges i agree with you that binance and bitfinex are much better. There is no hassle of tracking here and many are able to trade safely although the general public has an idea about tracking many people are not aware of its harmful aspects. And since getting rid of trackers is technically quite a hassle making millions by selling your personal information. If necessary they are using them for various immoral activities including blackmailing.
so98nn

Activity: 2086
Merit: 603

View Profile
September 13, 2020, 07:29:15 AM

Well well somebody got amazing coding skills! Thats impressive dashboard but unless one can try it out wouldn't notice the significant usefulness of the same.

I already visited the link you shared, and gotta say the way UI you have made is amazing! Im no coder but just end user who thinks it's impressive UI.

You should in addition to what you have made add interface where this dashboard will tell us where we loosing more money. For example, ABC exchanger is gave more profit as compared to XYZ exchanger. If we keep this comparison in mind then one can settle for better exchanger.

Performance can give extra info but if AI works for us then things could become outstanding.

justdimin

Activity: 2996
Merit: 670

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
September 13, 2020, 02:37:16 PM

You could probably share your api key but not the secret key and only allow data to be taken and do not give any rights for stuff like withdrawal or deposit (well you can give right for deposit lol) and so forth, which means they will be only capable of using your api key without secret on data and nothing more so they can't hack you.

While defending them for the rights and how it could be done, I would also have to say that this automation is something you would need if you are a constantly trading type of person and if you are like that there are tons of excel or spreadsheet type of stuff where you can download your history at the end of each day and put it on those spreadsheets to see how you are doing, that is not really too much of a trouble and already exists for free.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Tytanowy Janusz
Legendary

View Profile
September 13, 2020, 07:08:11 PM
Last edit: September 13, 2020, 07:39:10 PM by Tytanowy Janusz

While defending them for the rights and how it could be done, I would also have to say that this automation is something you would need if you are a constantly trading type of person and if you are like that there are tons of excel or spreadsheet type of stuff where you can download your history at the end of each day and put it on those spreadsheets to see how you are doing, that is not really too much of a trouble and already exists for free.

If you are simple type of guy all you need to do after the end of a day is just take a look at total balance... you will know if you fucked up or not.
If you are advanced trader with hundreds of trades daily (api trader) sooner or later you will learn total basics of python and you will know how to write simple code to calculate your profit. I find OP tool as a fun tool to show your family that you are not only a nerd but an earning nerd Smiley
enamakel (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
September 14, 2020, 11:07:28 AM

A lot of work ahead of you. I would go with bitmex next, coinbase, kraken, huobi (both spot and derivates).

Yes. Thanks ... It looks like its safer than I initially though. Is it going to be open source?

Agreed. Bitmex, Kraken & Huobi are on the cards.

Open source is something I am not sure about. But the API keys are anyways going to be encrypted & read-only, so that shouldn't be a problem.
joniboini
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1789

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2020, 11:16:58 AM

which means they will be only capable of using your api key without secret on data and nothing more so they can't hack you.
This also depends on the exchange itself. If I'm not wrong some time ago Binance (or another big exchange) got hacked through its API key. I guess I'd only feel safe if the API that I get only has reading history right and not other things like executing trades. At least if something is fucked up I know that the exchange or at least its API security is one to blame.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
enamakel (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
September 14, 2020, 11:18:37 AM

You could probably share your api key but not the secret key and only allow data to be taken and do not give any rights for stuff like withdrawal or deposit (well you can give right for deposit lol) and so forth, which means they will be only capable of using your api key without secret on data and nothing more so they can't hack you.

Yes, that's exactly how it's supposed to work. Also you're right, the tool is indeed ideal & helpful for daytraders & swing traders.

Traditionally, traders have used Excel & moving more towards newer technologies. Ours is more like a plug and play tool, wherein the data analysis bit is already there & need not be built from scratch. Reading & understanding this data to make useful trades is what the trader should ideally be worried about.      
enamakel (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
September 14, 2020, 11:33:36 AM
Merited by Bitcoin_Arena (1)

So Tradecontrol is part of crytocontrol?

Why do you guys have that Get access feature? It so annoying. I remember trying to get access to your cryptocontrol trading terminal, I was told to wait but to this date i have never got any access to it and I started thinking may you people are just collecting email addresses. Not cool at all.

but API keys are never saved on the server but locally on your machine. Hope that answers your question.  
How shall we be sure of this? Are you going to make the code viewable by the public?

First off, really sorry for not being able to reach out to you & notifying you of the Terminal progress. The Terminal campaign we did for asking users for their email addresses also included a huge questionnaire regarding their trading styles & more importantly because we wanted to understand what kind of a tool should we be building.

And after talking to around 100+ traders personally on a call, I identified that a lot of the hefty features that were taking us months to build was something that the users actually did not want. What I realized was that a many traders actually just wanted a data analysis tool for understanding their trading strategies better which is why we pivoted and trimmed the Terminal to just doing the data analysis bit which is TradeControl.

It would be funny if we just collected email addresses and never used them, becuase we don't. On a light note, we run a crypto news aggregator & see many email signups & its not something we have ever monetized, because that is a free service, and always will be.

I am a programmer & have always felt amazing for building tools that traders actually use. The same was being done while talking about the Terminal & also this time with TradeControl. Sorry for the inconvenience though. And really appreciate your interest!  

In context to the source code being public; i dont think so that will be the case. But the idea of whether the tool will be secured or not is answered by one of the users on the thread. The API keys are always encrypted and read only. Smiley 
enamakel (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
September 14, 2020, 11:39:16 AM

which means they will be only capable of using your api key without secret on data and nothing more so they can't hack you.
This also depends on the exchange itself. If I'm not wrong some time ago Binance (or another big exchange) got hacked through its API key. I guess I'd only feel safe if the API that I get only has reading history right and not other things like executing trades. At least if something is fucked up I know that the exchange or at least its API security is one to blame.

So with a read only API key, a third party cannot really execute any trades, withdrawals, etc. ofcourse. What i understand is that if you use some sort of an algo trading tool, which involves buying/selling of assets at certain price points, you would then have to give more than a read only permission.

enamakel (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
September 14, 2020, 11:46:47 AM

If you are simple type of guy all you need to do after the end of a day is just take a look at total balance... you will know if you fucked up or not.
If you are advanced trader with hundreds of trades daily (api trader) sooner or later you will learn total basics of python and you will know how to write simple code to calculate your profit. I find OP tool as a fun tool to show your family that you are not only a nerd but an earning nerd Smiley

ummm the tool does look fancy because of the minimal dark design. maybe i will need to figure out how to make it more dull & boring Tongue.

But, one thing to note is, a trader may not just want to know the profits at the end of the day but also a ton of other things spanning from how his portfolio shrank/grew as compared to benchmarks overtime(which is across all the exchanges), portfolio allocation & moreover the strategies that he has deployed have been working or not. Beta, alpha, sharpe ratios & historical performance is something I'd like to constantly lookup if I were a high-octave trader. 
enamakel (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
September 14, 2020, 11:55:10 AM

Well well somebody got amazing coding skills! Thats impressive dashboard but unless one can try it out wouldn't notice the significant usefulness of the same.

I already visited the link you shared, and gotta say the way UI you have made is amazing! Im no coder but just end user who thinks it's impressive UI.

You should in addition to what you have made add interface where this dashboard will tell us where we loosing more money. For example, ABC exchanger is gave more profit as compared to XYZ exchanger. If we keep this comparison in mind then one can settle for better exchanger.

Performance can give extra info but if AI works for us then things could become outstanding.

Hey, thanks buddy. Means a lot coming from an end user.

That's an interesting suggestion. We have created something on those lines, but would still want to know what exactly are you thinking about. I have messaged you personally; it'd be great if we can have a 15 min chat/call to see if we are at something useful.
Bitcoin_Arena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1786

฿itcoin for all, All for ฿itcoin.

View Profile
September 14, 2020, 12:03:34 PM

>>snip<<
Does this mean the cryptocontrol trading terminal project is off? Like no one will have to use it but instead use Tradecontrol? I remember downloading the application so few weeks back.

Please I would also like you to take me through the steps I have to do in order to access Tradecontrol. Do I still have to fill some form like cryptocontrol trading terminal and then have to wait to be granted access?

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
enamakel (OP)
Copper Member

View Profile
September 14, 2020, 12:05:11 PM

Hey.

The mere fact that you have to connect your data containing private info not only about your trades but your wallet amounts etc indicates to me more risk.

While I get that performance tracking would be made easier if it was to be done all in one place (some feature exchanges should be thinking about developing) I'm not feeling comfortable sharing all of this info across at least 2 mediums, and to a second place which is a 'little buggy tool'.

The first thing these tools need to get right is security before even getting adoption.

One of the users on this thread did point out at how the system works. Basically the API keys are read only and incrypted, so all that the 3rd party or service can really do with it is read your data. With this data we are able to visually represent better looking graphs for data analysis across exchanges.

Most of the exchanges actually fail at showing visually useful graphs, which is why all you can really know about is how much is your portfolio worth at the end of the day.

When it comes to security, ofcourse, it would make no sense for me to create something buggy in the first place. The fact that I specified it as a 'little buggy' right now shows how much I, as a trader & creator, would want to make the entire system secure & not vulnerable.

The very point of this post is - communication we have with like minded traders & not adoption as such. Just knowing whether what is getting built is useful or not & to know if any tweak can make it more useful is all that I would want to know at this stage.
pokeronlinestatus

Activity: 455
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 15, 2020, 08:37:58 AM

It’s quite a good tool, although it wouldn’t be useful to me because I wouldn’t be needing such an information, my trading history/data, but it’s quite a good tool that you’re working on. Apart from that you should consider the fact that most of the cryptocurrency users prefers to keep their information safe and here in this community, keeping  your information safe is really important, because any little information you give out might cause you a big problem.

You should consider that and look for better ways for people to make use of the tool, although you have said the information are stored in user’s machine, but they are not so sure about it.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: