Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 02:54:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin in India  (Read 526 times)
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3668
Merit: 1217

View Profile
September 13, 2020, 05:46:17 PM

No i think people has no problem with bitcoin actually the majority of people didn't understand crypto because there is no way to teach crypto to people and also it didn't use in daily use so people didn't take Bitcoin or any other crypto seriously even they compare them with Gambling or anything wrong thing.

I don't have the same opinion as you regarding the awareness about cryptocurrency in India. I have been to small towns and villages in India and I have met with Bitcoin investors in these unlikely places. Obviously cryptocurrency users face a lot of challenges, since trading is not fully legal in India. You never know when the authorities can cause trouble to you.
RapTarX

Activity: 1358
Merit: 850

View Profile
September 13, 2020, 05:51:45 PM

May be you hired the wrong person? May be they are not capable of, for what they were hired? Why would you directly charging INDIAN? I guess you have picked the wrong person as you know there are a lot of freelancers in subcontinent who lack of quality.
To my known, none of the professional freelancers would destroy their clients. I am a freelancer for a long time now and I have been introduced with Bitcoin through freelancing. Now, I'm more comfortable to use Bitcoin as my payment.

Anna138

Activity: 268
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 13, 2020, 08:23:52 PM

May be you hired the wrong person? May be they are not capable of, for what they were hired? Why would you directly charging INDIAN? I guess you have picked the wrong person as you know there are a lot of freelancers in subcontinent who lack of quality.
To my known, none of the professional freelancers would destroy their clients. I am a freelancer for a long time now and I have been introduced with Bitcoin through freelancing. Now, I'm more comfortable to use Bitcoin as my payment.

I, as a freelancer, will tell you that how you communicate with the client and whether you observe communication hygiene depends on your work and portfolio. I have noticed many times that if the conversation does not stick in the first minutes, then it will continue to be the same. But it happens that it turns out to find a special approach for everyone and then the deal is almost always closed mutually beneficial for both parties.
smartbitcoininvestor (OP)

Activity: 652
Merit: 257

View Profile
September 18, 2020, 10:30:37 PM

The country of India doesn't have anything against Bitcoin. It is the current government. They are afraid that it will be used for Ponzi schemes, make people buy shitcoins, hoard black money and/or used for other illegal activities such as Hawala, finance terrorism, etc. But mostly they're afraid that if they allow it to exist. They might lose the next elections as banks will suffer when people start to use it more often to buy things and or put their savings in it. And recently PM's personal twitter account got hacked and it was used to ask donation in Bitcoin to hacker's address. Which would have only made them more paranoid about the whole thing.

So, to answer your question. People of India have nothing against it. They love it (most at-least), it is easier to find work outside India remotely as the payment method is easier and cheaper compared to other services such as Paypal, Skrill, etc. Traders love trading on it as it gives them a way to earn a living since unemployment has increased due to Covid-19. Plus it is a great investment option for many as Bank interests are currently very low.

And therefore, whatever the guy upwork did to your site was his own personal agenda and not country's. He might have lost money in some Crypto scam and/or someone must have told him that Bitcoin will make it hard for him to find work, etc. People who don't know about it usually have so much to say about it. Even if nothing of it is true.

Interesting perspective. I think this is probably what I have been running into.
smartbitcoininvestor (OP)

Activity: 652
Merit: 257

View Profile
September 18, 2020, 10:35:19 PM

How sure are you that they deliberately tried to destroy your SEO rankings, and not them simply underperforming or messing something up? There's a huge difference between the two.

Also, whatever the Indian government's opinion on Bitcoin is, we can't assume that it will be the same for the people of India. I don't think there's any reason for the people to hate on Bitcoin to the point that they would actually try to destroy Bitcoin-related businesses that hired them.

more then likely they messed up the project without knowing it. dont think it is intentional as they need this job during this time of crisis. and a lot are desperate to get job and be paid.
 be direct to your hired personnel and ask what the real problem is? maybe they dont know the impact of what they are doing to your platform. or as others have implied, they dont know what theyre doing, to the point that they f*cked up your site. sorry to say this but seems that this is your case here.
 just hire a more competent individual..

I sure hope they care about having a job! I would love to pay a guy exactly what he's worth, every penny, to help build my rankings - not have them destroy my hard work.
MCobian

Activity: 1190
Merit: 117

View Profile
September 18, 2020, 10:49:52 PM

If you look at the huge Indian crypto community, I think the people of India are very welcome to Bitcoin. Moreover, the number of
poverty is quite high in India, making Bitcoin even more attractive, because Bitcoin can be used as a source of income. So you are
hiring the wrong person, because the people of India are not against Bitcoin. If the Indian government bans Bitcoin it is because it
wants to protect its citizens from the many illegal activities that use Bitcoin, I think the Indian government will regulate Bitcoin soon.
So the prohibition against Bitcoin can be lifted immediately.

SOLARBLOX        ◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥◥ crypto solar mining ◥◥
◼◼ Crypto Mining using Solar energy as substitute energy sources ◼◼
TELEGRAM TWITTER   ▪▪▪▪▪ [ DOWNLOAD WHITEPAPER ]
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: