Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 07:31:08 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bittrex will stop serving a number of countries.  (Read 231 times)
Bitcoin_Arena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1788

฿itcoin for all, All for ฿itcoin.

View Profile
September 11, 2020, 01:10:05 PM
Merited by OmegaStarScream (1)

>>snip<<
In This archived Link, the list of  Countries at first was 31

Observations

Countries that were in the first list but are now off the updated list;

1. Afghanistan

Newly added Countries in the Update List

1. Belarus
2. Burundi
3. Mali
4. Myanmar
5. Nicaragua
6. Panama
7. Ukraine

From what I can deduce about both lists. It is very likely that Bittrex is stopping their services basing on Countries that are not in good terms with the US or Countries whose political atmosphere is uncertain and not anything to do with the crypto regulations in that particular Country. To be realistic some of these Countries rarely even appear any where in the crypto News which mean crypto trading or usage in such countries is very low

For example look at the newly added countries. Most if not all are all over the International news lately due to political turmoils and riots.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
wwzsocki
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 1708

First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold

View Profile WWW
September 11, 2020, 07:23:05 PM

From what I can deduce about both lists. It is very likely that Bittrex is stopping their services basing on Countries that are not in good terms with the US or Countries whose political atmosphere is uncertain and not anything to do with the crypto regulations in that particular Country...

You are totally right and I see that more exchanges are doing the same thing, not only big but also small once.

This is very hard to get any license in the EU if you will allow clients from any of these countries, not only in exchanges but also in other crypto instruments or projects and their crypto-related products. Many of them try to be safe and regulated as good as possible, to avoid problems, especially with the USA because (this is strange for me), it seems that they have authority everywhere today in the internet times.

Not a big wonder the EU wants to have the best relations with the USA and do whatever it takes to please them. TBH I even don't know from where Bittrex now operates?

This changes so fast by so many that it's hard to keep a track and they inform about this after or even not at all.
I hope that the newest Dexes will change something and finally will take the crypto market out from the hands of centralized exchanges.
No KYC, no problems, no worries about coins, country limitations, nothing - DEX.

malevolent
can into space
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 1721

View Profile
September 11, 2020, 11:59:52 PM

I do not think that this limitations were adopted because of BTC is illegal in these countries. Ukraine for example is in this list. I can not say that BTC is illegal in this country))) It is not forbidden. But there was some decision from administration of Bittrex to include Ukraine to this list. Strange and not pleasant news. It was not a good surprise to learn it. But thank you for sharing, will keep it in mind. And hope Binance, Kucoin and others will not follow their example.

Ukraine could have been added due to some people/entities associated with Crimea and Donbas who are sanctioned (but in such a case it's customary to simply bar people from those regions, not from the entire country). Perhaps they didn't have too many Ukrainian residents in the first place.

Signature space available for rent.
bitcoinst (OP)

Activity: 1708
Merit: 651

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile
September 12, 2020, 06:01:20 PM

It looks like Bittrex has released an update explaining the situation.

Why is Bittrex Global suspending service in the Ukraine, Belarus, Burundi, Mali, Myanmar, Nicaragua and Panama?

Bittrex Global prides itself on being not only the safest and securest place to trade cryptocurrency but also the most strictly regulated. With that in mind, due to the current regulatory environment in certain jurisdictions, we were instructed by our Legal and Compliance teams that in the short-term, we would need to suspend service from a few countries, these include: Ukraine, Belarus, Burundi, Mali, Myanmar, Nicaragua and Panama.

What do I need to do if I am from one of the affected countries?

Please login to Bittrex Global and withdraw all of your funds before September 24th, 2020.  For additional help please see our support article here.
If you have two-factor enabled, you will need to enter your 6 digit code. If you do not have two-factor enabled, you will need to login to your email account and click the verification link sent to you.

Please note if your balance is below the minimum withdrawal amount for the wallet, you will not be able to withdraw it. The minimum withdrawal for all coins must be greater than 3 times the fee. For example, your balance in BTC must be .00150001 or greater as the fee is .0005.

When is the last day I will be able to access the funds in my account?

Your account will be active until September 24, 2020, 23:59 UTC, after this time, service will be suspended.

What happens if I do not access my funds by September 24th, 2020?

We highly recommend that you withdraw your funds immediately. If funds remain in your account after September 24, 2020, 23:59 UTC, we cannot guarantee their withdrawal. In the event that you have not withdrawn funds from your account before the deadline, you may still be able to withdraw your funds, but will not be able to trade with the balance in your account. If any issues arise, please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Service team.

There haven’t been any recent changes to the regulatory policies in my country, why is this happening now?

Bittrex Global’s Compliance and Legal teams monitor the regulatory landscape in all countries it operates in, as well as the interaction of rules and regulations in all these jurisdictions. Although it is not an easy decision, at this time, our team believes that suspending services in the affected countries is the best course of action.

https://bittrexglobal.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360016422699-Important-Account-Information-for-Bittrex-Global-Users-in-Ukraine-Belarus-Burundi-Mali-Myanmar-Nicaragua-and-Panama

█████████████████████████████████████████████████
██                ▄▄▄███████▄▄                 ██
██             ▄███▀▀        ▀▀▄               ██
██▄▄███████▀  ███▀                             ██
██▀█▄▄       ███▀   ▐███████▄    ▄██▄          ██
██  ▀███▄▄▄ ███▌    ▐██    ██    ▀██▀          ██
██      ▀▀█████▌    ▐███████▀           ▀▀██▄▄ ██
██          ███▌    ▐██ ▄▄▄                 ▀████
██           ███▄   ▐██  ▀██▄ ▀▀▀███████████▀▀ ██
██            ████▄             ▄█▀            ██
██             ▀████▄▄▄     ▄▄██▀              ██
██                ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀                ██