Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 06:23:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [2020-09-10] Privacy Startup Nym Will Pay You in Bitcoin to Run Its Mixnet  (Read 154 times)
Karartma1 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1422

View Profile
September 11, 2020, 10:00:49 AM

Nym now allows bitcoin transactions and has an incentive program for people running its nodes. It is also enabling plugins that will allow users to plug in wallets and applications to run their traffic through its mixnet.
What is a mixnet?
Nym is a start-up software project working to obscure metadata tracking at a network level via the mixnet it enables. The mixnet itself is hosted by a decentralized network of volunteers.

https://www.coindesk.com/privacy-nym-pay-bitcoin-mixnet

About Nym https://nymtech.net/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Aveatrex

Activity: 840
Merit: 375

View Profile
September 13, 2020, 02:15:50 PM

i'm not sure paying users to run Nym node (?) is best solution to solve the fact that there's no incentive to run a node.

Why not? The more running nodes there is the more secure the network gets, I don't see why incentivizing people to run nodes would hurt in this case. In fact, this could solve one of Tor's potential problems imo; The fact that Tor doesn't have *many* nodes increases the chances of having people connect to 5 nodes runned by the same entity/person and potentially have their privacy compromised. Same applies to most cryptocurrencies too I guess? With better distribution of hashrate, the network becomes more resistant to attacks.

░░░▄▀█░░░▄░▄▄░▄░░░█▀▄
▄▄▄▀▀██▀░█▐▌█ ▀██▀▀▄▄▄
▐▌░░░▐▀░▄▀░▐▌░▀▄░▀▌░░░▐▌
▐▌░░░█░░▄▀▄▐▌▄▀▄░░█░░░▐▌
▐▌░░░█░░▀▄░▀▀░▄▀░░█░░░▐▌
▐▌░░▄░█▄░▀▄▐▌▄▀░▄█░▄░░▐▌
▐▌░█▄█░░▀▀▀██▀▀▀░░█▄█░▐▌
▐▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐▌
▐█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▌
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▄░░░░░░░▄█▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▄░░░
░░░░▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░█▀▄▄▀▄▄▀█░░░▐▌▐▌
░░░░░░░▐▌▐▌
░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░▄█
█▄█▄▄▄▄▄█▄█░░░░▄▄▀▀▀▄▄
░░░░▄▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄██▀█▌▀▄
░░░██▄██▄▄█▀█▌█▐█▄█▌█▐█
░░░░█▄▄▄▄▄█▄█▌█▐█▄█▌█▐█
░░░░█▄█░░░░░█▄▄█▄█▄█▄█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀░░░▀▀▄█▄█▄▀▀

░░░██▄▄░░██░██
▄▄░░░░░▀█░█▄▐▌░░░░░▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▐▌▄█▐▌░░░░█░▀▀
░░░░░░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀░░▄▄
░░░░░░█░▀▀▀▀▀▀▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▄
░░▀▀░░█▄▀▀▀▀▀█▄▀
░░░░░░░█▐▌▀█░█
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▐▌░█░░▀▀▀▀▀▀█
░░░░░░░░██░░▀▀▀▀▀██░██
bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2926
Merit: 1444

View Profile
September 14, 2020, 01:47:36 AM

@Karartma1. In their statement they have said that the mixnet itself will be hosted by a network of volunteers. Might this be vulnerable to sybil attacks for collecting the data and traceablilty?

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Karartma1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 14, 2020, 07:02:37 AM

@Karartma1. In their statement they have said that the mixnet itself will be hosted by a network of volunteers. Might this be vulnerable to sybil attacks for collecting the data and traceablilty?
Thanks for pointing this out: I believe your concerns are true. It's not clear to me how this is going to work but you are right there should be more thinking into how to possibly mitigate Sybil Attacks.
mocacinno
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4922

https://merel.mobi => buy facemasks with BTC/LTC

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2020, 11:08:03 AM

FYI, it seems they now have >100 nodes, and that seemed to be their threshold for their rewards program. I did manage to get my node on their list before they officially closed it, but i have no idear if my node was within the first 100....

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Karartma1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 14, 2020, 02:37:12 PM

FYI, it seems they now have >100 nodes, and that seemed to be their threshold for their rewards program. I did manage to get my node on their list before they officially closed it, but i have no idear if my node was within the first 100....
We should start a specific thread on this but I don't know where to place it. This is only about the news itself and if we want to discuss the matter we need a new thread. Any idea where it should be placed?
mocacinno
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4922

https://merel.mobi => buy facemasks with BTC/LTC

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2020, 07:30:28 AM

We should start a specific thread on this but I don't know where to place it. This is only about the news itself and if we want to discuss the matter we need a new thread. Any idea where it should be placed?

Sorry... I wasn't planning on derailing your thread... I just tought it was pertinent information for the people reading your press release Smiley
I guess a thread about this matter might fit in the service discussion, altough, to tell you the truth, it's a bit of a grey area and i'm not 100% sure where to put such a thread...

By the way: after the discussion about the extra thread has been finished, don't hesitate to PM me if you want me to remove my posts in this thread to keep it clean... I don't mind cleaning up my posts if they are derailing the idear behind your original post Wink

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Karartma1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 15, 2020, 07:50:04 AM

Sorry... I wasn't planning on derailing your thread... I just tought it was pertinent information for the people reading your press release Smiley
I guess a thread about this matter might fit in the service discussion, altough, to tell you the truth, it's a bit of a grey area and i'm not 100% sure where to put such a thread...

By the way: after the discussion about the extra thread has been finished, don't hesitate to PM me if you want me to remove my posts in this thread to keep it clean... I don't mind cleaning up my posts if they are derailing the idear behind your original post Wink
Don't worry mocaccino! This was not my intention at all  Smiley There's no need to delete anything here. My question was about what you said: this is a grey area and I don't know where to place a proper thread on this.
We will leave it here for the moment until further updates  Wink Thanks
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: