Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 01:59:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Operation moonshot in the UK  (Read 99 times)
Upgrade00 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 2173

Professional Community manager

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2020, 08:28:53 AM

The UK prime minister in a recent briefing announced the plan to launch a new project called operation moonshot; the practical objective is testing more people, way more. The operation aims to test the whole of Britain in a week, every week, so everyone is constantly aware of their state - the target is to get to 500,000 per day by the end of next month and then, 10 million tests by the beginning of next year from the current number of about 350,000.
A budget of £100 billion has been earmarked for the operation.
Results for tests would be available within 15 - 90 minutes.

• From what I have read, this operation is not directly aimed at stopping the spread of the virus, but to streamline the journey to normalcy, so rather than encouraging everyone to obey lockdown restrictions, only those infected would need to isolate. The UK has been pushing plans at reopening the economy with schools also back up, this has led to an increase in the rate of spread, but even at a peak of 3,000 new cases per day, that would leave 99,997,000 people with negative results. These are the people the operation targets, a huge number of people would be able to interact and work freely without fear of spreading the disease.

We should also consider that contact tracing in the UK is at an efficiency of about 70% with the current testing capacity of 350,000. This is low and does not allow for efficient control of the pandemic situation. At a rate of 10 million people per day it could get even less efficient, except operation moonshot is a holistic approach.

• There's also the question of the plausibility of the operation, such a scheme is not practical with the current testing capacity and is dependent on emerging tech that is not yet available;

A WHO diagnostics expert told the Independent that the plan was “dependent on different technologies to what are being used now [in the UK]. It’s a massive gamble.” Moreover, the new techniques under consideration were often “untested” or came from companies “without much experience of medical testing at scale.”
It also appears that it would be run by private companies
The leaked documents indicate that the government’s plans are a massive windfall for the private sector, with “communities, institutions and employers” allowed to carry out tests. “Private sector/ business-led testing,” it adds, “plays a key enabling role.” “Letters of comfort” have already been sent to GSK, AstraZeneca, Serco and G4S. Retailers Boots and Sainsbury’s are also named, and Deloitte is reportedly being given a contract for more than half the work.
Source

• If not done properly some of the hazards include; false positives or false negatives spreading a false sense of security or panic. People who are giving inaccurate positive results would need to isolate for no reason, while those giving inaccurate negatives would interact and further spread the virus.

• The operation also has its advantages, it would allow for accurate and up-to-date record keeping of the infection rate in the entire country to allow the health team better manage the situation, but at a budget of £100 billion, would it be worth it?

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 2456

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2020, 10:08:30 AM

It is another massive waste of our money. I will resist being tested, and will demand details of the testing methods, and the replication factors applied. I believe that they are setting up roadside testing stations, and making the testing mandatory, with forced self-isolation following a positive result. It will be interesting to see what happens if I get an independent test which is negative if they hit me.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
September 12, 2020, 02:30:57 PM

It is another massive waste of our money. I will resist being tested, and will demand details of the testing methods, and the replication factors applied. I believe that they are setting up roadside testing stations, and making the testing mandatory, with forced self-isolation following a positive result. It will be interesting to see what happens if I get an independent test which is negative if they hit me.

Who do you think you are? The authoritarian controllers have to control. If you deprive them of this, they will be unhappy. Think of all the people you would have made unhappy.

Next thing you'll be advocating strangling puppies.

Smiley
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 2456

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2020, 04:55:30 PM

I like puppies, I just hate the people who treat them badly.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
September 12, 2020, 06:39:39 PM

The UK prime minister in a recent briefing announced the plan to launch a new project called operation moonshot; the practical objective is testing more people, way more. The operation aims to test the whole of Britain in a week, every week, so everyone is constantly aware of their state - the target is to get to 500,000 per day by the end of next month and then, 10 million tests by the beginning of next year from the current number of about 350,000.

More testing there is better it is. But of course at some point you hit the line where you just waste money with testing. You could spend it elsewhere to prevent/cure covid-19. UK just need to find this line and do perfect number of tests. 10 million tests a day sounds at least to me a bit exaggerating.
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
September 12, 2020, 07:40:44 PM

I like puppies, I just hate the people who treat them badly.

But the level of self-approval of the authoritarian controllers is proportional to your inconvenience experienced at their measures.

Artemis3
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1563

CLEAN non GPL infringing code made in Rust lang

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2020, 05:31:55 PM

Yes this is an important issue. Include in the operation manual: tranquilizer dart or tazer. If subject resists, use that first, then when suspect falls unconscious to the ground; forcibly perform the test in the name of national security. Make sure the subject is added to the list of suspects that need 24/7 monitoring, cannot tolerate people opposing the State...

And this is what you get when you give almighty power to the State. Resistance is futile.

Also you are a subject to the monarchy, you belong to the Queen. Now bend.

██████
███████
███████
████████
BRAIINS OS+|AUTOTUNING
MINING FIRMWARE
|
Increase hashrate on your Bitcoin ASICs,
improve efficiency as much as 25%, and
get 0% pool fees on Braiins Pool
Upgrade00 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 2173

Professional Community manager

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2020, 05:51:42 PM

<snip>
I agree, it is a huge waste of money, if testing doesnt increase commensurately with contact tracing it would reduce its effectiveness. Considering that the goal of this is to give more people the freedom to move around, contact tracing would definitely need to be beefed up.
In a scenario where; one asymptomatic patient comes in contact with various people and infects them, the virus would be in the incubation stage and may not be detected (especially be a testing of such capacity), without efficient tracing of possible contacts such people could be given negative results and the freedom to move about, infecting more people

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
September 14, 2020, 01:13:41 PM

...Include in the operation manual: tranquilizer dart or tazer. If subject resists, use that first, then when suspect falls unconscious to the ground; forcibly perform the test ...

High altitude drones may also drop hundreds of thousands of syringes, each with little controllable fins, individually targeted.

franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 4458

View Profile
September 14, 2020, 02:47:44 PM

jetcash yet again is sniffing the hallucinagenic supplements and make him go to fantasy land

as for the other posters. lets clarify some things

1. at the moment the supposed 350k potential tests a day is made up by a large amount that involves samples being sent to germany. which is causing alot of issues right now and causing more issues as numbers rise. the actual number of tests achieved is less. and the amount where results are given to the person within 24 hours is even less. so new tests need to be done that can be local and fast.

2. these 'moonshot' tests are where you spit into a little container and it mixes with chemicals and shows a colour if you have it. the issue is if people self test at home they can lie about their results saying they dont have it when they actually do.

3. the current track and trace has a 70% effectiveness of finding all the infectees contacts and whats even worse is of the 70% that are contacted only 10% actually say they have self isolated. meaning the majority of track and trace is actually 7% effective of getting infectee's contacts to self isolate due to both willfully avoiding not telling the service your contacts and then those contacts ignoring self isolation advice

4. it will not become a situation where people door knock on everyones house and test them each week. even if the NHS mobilised more personel than royal mail. it still would not be able to test everyone every week.
think about it the 20 seconds a postie takes to walk up your drive put letter in letter box and walk away. vs the 15 minutes to take a test means it would need 45x more staff
so in no way would it be logistically possible to manually doorknock every house and test them at the door.

if anything. they would send a months worth of tests to each household and hope that people use them wisely.. but or that to happen a hell of a lot of tests would need to be prepared.

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: