Print  
Author Topic: Mcleo  (Read 1271 times)
dquancey (OP)

Activity: 587
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 01:57:51 PM

Afternoon.

It appears I've been scammed for 2 BTC by a member called Mcleo. Profile here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=203284

He got in touch over this Jupiter, here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=497947.msg5484339#msg5484339

We agreed 2 BTC upfront and 1.5 BTC thereafter. Stupidly, I sent the 2 BTC upfront, without escrow(!). Going by his posts about being a law student and offering his services to members on here, I thought he'd keep up with his end of the deal and thought he'd be genuine after conversations about Cryptocurrency etc...

Here is the transaction on the blockchain https://blockchain.info/address/13uJKaS8brMZFTGiEyeewSrGmanzujLiWh

It was sent almost a week ago and as you can see, Mcleo hasn't been online since the payment hit his wallet. I've sent him numerous messages on here, thinking he'd see them in his emails, but he's ignoring me.

Needless to say, I encourage you all to stay away from him if he ever returns and to always use escrow with anyone on the forum, regardless of how genuine they may seem.

I was hoping the forum would reveal his IP and email, so I can do a bit more digging but that doesn't seem to be the case. All I can find, is that his name is Brian McLeod, goes to Trinity College in Dublin and studies Law. I've not checked this out yet, but fully intend on following this up with the relevant authorities.

If anyone else has any more information, can they let me know. 2 BTC was a big deal for me and my small family and planned on reinvesting it in the Jupiter and cashing out in the summer, guess I'll be starting all over again  Grin

Sorry for the long-ish post, just wanted to warn and rant a little.
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Zackgeno96

Activity: 1778
Merit: 520

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 02:46:41 PM

shitty, his account was created on the 16th of this month that should of been a red flag to you Sad

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
dquancey (OP)

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 02:48:44 PM

shitty, his account was created on the 16th of this month that should of been a red flag to you Sad

That when he was last online, he's been a member since December.
Zackgeno96

Activity: 1778
Merit: 520

View Profile
March 23, 2014, 03:03:14 PM

That when he was last online, he's been a member since December.

Oh, ya i didn't see that

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
dquancey (OP)

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 05:04:39 PM

Bump for exposure.

Anyone got any information on how to find this guy?
dquancey (OP)

View Profile
March 30, 2014, 12:34:04 PM

To the top.

It appears the 2 BTC has been moved out, anyone know where it has ended up? Or can follow the transaction?
Tomatocage
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1222

brb keeping up with the Kardashians

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 05:06:49 AM

Sorry man, but that's what happens when you don't use escrow.

Recommended Exchanges: Binance.com | CelsiusNetwork
GPG ID: 4880D85C | 1% Escrow | 8% IPO/ICO Escrow services Temporarily Closed | Bitcointalk is the ONLY place where I use this name (No Skype/IRC/YIM/AIM/etc) | 13CsmTqGNwvFXb7tD9yFvJcEYCDTB8wQTS | Beware of these SCAM sites! | *Sponsored Link
dquancey (OP)

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 09:16:33 AM

Sorry man, but that's what happens when you don't use escrow.

Lesson well and truly learnt  Grin
Tad3j

Activity: 270
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 11:26:41 AM

Sorry  to hear that!

By my theory, the bad side of lawyers is greed, and there's a plenty of it everywhere in the cryptocoin world. Not even by a little fishes but also by a big, who cannot except themselves.

Sorry again, I have removed the positive trust from him.

dquancey (OP)

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 03:42:02 PM

Bumping this for a little exposure and maybe a challenge for someone?

This guy owes me 2BTC. If I'm willing to recover any of that money back(unlikely), I'll personally give the person 25%(0.5btc) of the money recovered.

I've tried and tried but I can't seem to find this person.
Tad3j

Activity: 270
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 11:34:48 AM

Sorry again to hear that!

The guy also seems very fair to me, but as I promised to myself, I will not do any bussines without a Escrow and I really didn't. This saved me from this guy.

You must know, that these days, it is realy easy to go on the web and to promise something, take the crypto currency and run. But in a long-term, this scares people and instead of spreading the crypto currency, many of us will stand down and back off. And this is not the only point of centralization of crypto currency.

The second thing is, there's no truth in the world anymore. If someone wants something, they promise, when he gets, runs away. This is the way that people do thiefs, everywhere, even on a daily-term and this is what is politics actually fighting against. We all think that the politics are bad, but, the people gave them the power and politics is taking care that the money is traveling fair. But this is impossible these days.

The money value has owergrown all other values. Not to mention love, happiness, health, friendship, realtionship, that we even don't know what they mean! It is nothing wrong that money exists, but it is clearly wrong, that is owevaluated value. So if those people who steal the money would be fair, they will actually return the steal, because they are helping collapse all what the laws are made for. And yes, to be trully honest and fair, ... it takes courage. It takes courage to say, "I am glad that someone else has more than me" and not to explain how he get the wealth, and that really to feel inside. And it takes real courage, to be fair these days. Violation of laws is easy, and everyone can do it ... But respect and fair?

The real success is not the money, the fame and to be famous, it is to have the real perception of life.
Justin00
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 02:01:29 PM

offer 50% and you might get lucky.
tbh i wouldn't knock on some randoms door for less than ~$500US... and i've knocked on my share of randoms doors Smiley

no one here in Ireland want to make some money ?

Alternativly... if he is really a law student you can't threaten to expose him ALOT more ??
If I was going to be a lawyer i wouldn't want to be plastered all over google as a scammer.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: