Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 06:00:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Self Moderated thread All Posts Deleted  (Read 311 times)
Twentyonepaylots

Activity: 1876
Merit: 370

View Profile
September 13, 2020, 07:30:21 PM

Can't do much about self-moderated threads, if the OP find your post/comment substantial then he has the right to delete it.

At the end of the day, as an individual we do have different views and level of understanding, one might find your post a quality but the other does not. And as for suggestion, if you want to reply on a self-moderated thread, make sure that you're going to say a different answer or opinion, that might be the problem with some posters, they don't read the whole thread, they just answer the main question.
actmyname
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 2510

Spear the bees

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2020, 01:43:57 AM

Can't do much about self-moderated threads, if the OP find your post/comment substantial then he has the right to delete it.

At the end of the day, as an individual we do have different views and level of understanding, one might find your post a quality but the other does not. And as for suggestion, if you want to reply on a self-moderated thread, make sure that you're going to say a different answer or opinion, that might be the problem with some posters, they don't read the whole thread, they just answer the main question.
That's not... the situation here.

The creator of the self-modded thread is another extremely avid Bitcoin SV supporter that chooses to defend their coin from a horrible thing called criticism. (gasp!)

And... of course, their indignation rose to an inconceivable level and forced their hand: they deleted all dissent from the original thread and then started a new thread, as if nothing had been said at all - erasing  and resetting the playing field score back to zero.

Timelord2067
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 2221

💲🏎️💨🚓

View Profile
September 15, 2020, 12:12:27 AM

One of the many pitfalls of the forum - both Lauda(M) and marlboroza have done the same thing (although not to the Nth degree as shown here) in their self moderated threads.

Bitcoin SV has become active again (must have been a temp ban) and is settling some perceived old scores.

Although I never received an message here to say my post from February this year had been deleted, I did receive an email direct to the email recovery I use for this UID.  (it'll be interesting if it suddenly gets spammed)

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: