Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 02:14:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: DEFI question?  (Read 392 times)
barbara44

Activity: 2422
Merit: 605

CoinPoker.com

View Profile
September 15, 2020, 03:42:27 PM

No, it’s not a must that you’re going to stake, staking a token is by choice.
I would even prefer the second choice which is accumulating a lot of tokens and then selling them when their prices goes up and I make profit.

What if you decide to stake your tokens and assuming you stake it for one year whereby your tokens gets locked for one year, what are you going to do when you wake up and the market price has crashed a lot? I have seen a few DeFi that we are trading at high price and within a minute they crashed to zero. But it’s still up to you what you think would be best for you.

agis50

Activity: 569
Merit: 28

View Profile WWW
September 15, 2020, 04:53:25 PM

Nope. Staking is only your choice, DeFi is not always related to stake and you are free to do anything for your coins on exchange. If you're looking for DeFi coins you can join/follow these channel: https://t.me/blockchain_lobsters, https://t.me/FomoCathers and https://t.me/cryptodakuofficial. Or you can see all DeFi coins on https://coinmarketcap.com/defi/

UnidappFULLY DECENTRALIZED TRADING PLATFORMUnidapp
▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬
Simplified interfaceFull controlSmart contracts
Chukwunonso

Activity: 154
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 15, 2020, 04:57:28 PM

I won't advise anyone to join in the staking business, due to the prevalence of scam and the fact that to make substantial returns from staking, you need to invest a substantial amount of money. The easiest way to be from Defi hype with lesser risk is to secure Defi tokens and trade, selling at a higher price feels better.
target
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1041

View Profile
September 15, 2020, 05:04:49 PM

I really think staking in DEFI is very different than staking on POS tokens. I found out about this on OIKOS project because the term used was MINTING which essentially you collateralize the DEFI token by borrowing stablecoin.  Borrowing means you will be accumulating interest. You don't wanna accumulate interests while not using the borrowed amount which is why you need to trade the stablecoin to profit and then you will have to repay the interest/debt to unstake.

Basically, this is like Margin trading on Binance.

jrrsparkles

Activity: 2436
Merit: 274

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
September 15, 2020, 05:45:46 PM

You have to sell for high price than your purchasing cost that is how you are supposed to make profits from crypto investments but it seems defi are highly active and these kind of hype will lose in short term so staking is really not a good idea at this time.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
Reid

Activity: 2926
Merit: 647

View Profile
September 15, 2020, 05:46:56 PM

So you're one of those which will ride the hype.

You can just buy them but please do be careful in picking what DeFi you will support.
I don't want to offer you any suggestions here since it may go bust and just blame it on me.  Grin
Most of them do look good on the outside but who knows it may end up a scam.
Not a lot of them are doing the staking process so yeah, just need to buy it directly with exchange and wish for a better future.
todiefor17

Activity: 344
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 16, 2020, 12:05:32 PM

Hi All,

Any defi coin i buy do i need to stake or can i just accumulate as much as i can on an exchange and hope for some profit?

Or do all buyers of DEFI coins stake?

Thanks
DEFI means decentralized finance, there are many different forms within DEFI.
https://academy.binance.com/blockchain/the-complete-beginners-guide-to-decentralized-finance-defi
The form you are looking for is in the link above.
To make a profit you can exploit through farming by using your money to lock in liquidity to receive shares.
One more way is to find good projects and keep them before the token's price goes up.

unusualfacts30

Activity: 1540
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 16, 2020, 12:14:23 PM

It is up to you. You can stake them to get large yields if you want. Some of them are offering up to 2000% which sounds great at first but there is a risk involved if market so chooses to change direction. Choose your investment carefully and more importantly stake very carefully and use flexible staking so you can pull out your token any time you need to. It's much simpler and easier to grab the tokens as they come without staking, this allows you to sell them faster if things go south. Whatever you do research first to build confidence.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
zaim7413

Activity: 1274
Merit: 337

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live

View Profile
September 16, 2020, 01:14:03 PM

I won't advise anyone to join in the staking business, due to the prevalence of scam and the fact that to make substantial returns from staking, you need to invest a substantial amount of money. The easiest way to be from Defi hype with lesser risk is to secure Defi tokens and trade, selling at a higher price feels better.
Yes, trading is the safest way of looking for profits for everyone, because it can be done in the short term as well as the medium term and even the long term, but we also have to always be aware of every market condition, because market conditions can also change in a moment even at time we didn't expect at all.

█████████████████████
█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████
██████▀███████████▀██████
█████▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████
██████▄███████████▄██████
█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████
█████████████████████
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████

CRYPTO WEBNEOBANK
██████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██

██

██

██

██████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄██████░░░░░░░░░░███▄
▄████▄▄███████▄▄░░░██▄
▄█████████████████░░░██▄
████░░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░██
████░░██████████░░░░░░░██
████░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░██
▀█████████████████░░░██▀
▀████▀▀███████▀▀░░░██▀
▀██████░░░░░░░░░░███▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
inanilujimi

Activity: 1862
Merit: 259

View Profile
September 16, 2020, 02:02:20 PM

The important thing is to make sure the defi project you want to have is really legitimate and not a scam.
make the right choice if you have done research on the defi project that you believe is correct.
Drahzar

Activity: 345

View Profile
January 28, 2021, 04:47:24 AM

you should carefully read a whitepaper and understand business model of each defi token you want to get in. because all they have different models of returns. accumulating token could be used with or without staking them. usually in dex tokens (i prefer to invest) - i use both
Bethekingdom

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 28, 2021, 06:54:00 AM

you should carefully read a whitepaper and understand business model of each defi token you want to get in. because all they have different models of returns. accumulating token could be used with or without staking them. usually in dex tokens (i prefer to invest) - i use both
yeah i'm also pay much attention to staking + accumulating defi on credible dex projects - mostly because the model is clear and transparent
Shallow

Activity: 938
Merit: 255

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile
January 28, 2021, 07:55:27 AM

It is your coin, that is to say, you can do whatever you want with it, you can trade, you can stake if possible, you can also hold, it all depends on what you want and the knowledge you have already about it. That is, assuming you are a good trader, you can trade your coin the way you want, assuming you know how to stake, you can also do so but make sure you stake in such a way that you can easily pull out when you are no longer interested in it and the last is holding, which you can just buy the coin and keep in a secure wallet. However, in whichever you want to indulge with, endeavour to research well about the project in order to make sure it is worth it, that is, you don't hold and the token becomes worthless after a time because of team's lack of potentials.
Lastly, all buyers of DeFi coins decides on what they want to achieve with their coin, it's not all about staking.

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
...The Open..............
...Lending Platform...
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄██████████▀▀▀▀███████▄
█████████▀        ███████
████████▀        ▄█████████
█████████       ▄▀▀██████████
█████████     ▄▀   ▀█████████
██████████  ▄▀      █████████
█████████▀▀       ▄████████
███████        ▄█████████
▀███████▄▄▄▄██████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
.SMARTFI..████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
...Join the SmartFi.....
...Token Sale...
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
Drahzar

Activity: 345

View Profile
January 28, 2021, 09:37:30 AM

yeah i'm also pay much attention to staking + accumulating defi on credible dex projects - mostly because the model is clear and transparent
besides, i just found stablecoin dex with interesting defi model and nice returns for liquidity providers, checking them now
cabron

Activity: 2856
Merit: 603

https://www.betcoin.ag

View Profile WWW
January 28, 2021, 10:33:40 AM

Staking should be best since you can earn while you still hold it.

besides, i just found stablecoin dex with interesting defi model and nice returns for liquidity providers, checking them now

It's no wonder DEFI projects are almost going up. I'm just not sure which one is really worth investing this time after I sold some of my Aave.

There is burger and pancake swap on finance chain and both are pretty much of a low price yet compare to the sushiswap that already took off.  I never thought of buying sushiswap back when there was an issue about it, the price of the coin nearly dip below $0.50 but now its almost $8.   DEFI RULES!

Jvanmulders

Activity: 46

View Profile
January 28, 2021, 11:51:08 AM

I invested in $PCX they are the bridge between $DOT and $BTC and between $KSM and $BTC.
They patented the technology and will participate in the auctions of both parachains.

If you are still searching for a coin that can do *100 this is the one in my opinion.

Please DYOR
speedforce

Activity: 758
Merit: 104

View Profile
January 28, 2021, 06:13:48 PM

I really think staking in DEFI is very different than staking on POS tokens. I found out about this on OIKOS project because the term used was MINTING which essentially you collateralize the DEFI token by borrowing stablecoin.  Borrowing means you will be accumulating interest. You don't wanna accumulate interests while not using the borrowed amount which is why you need to trade the stablecoin to profit and then you will have to repay the interest/debt to unstake.

Basically, this is like Margin trading on Binance.

Its true how defi work, but its not logical to borrow stablecoin with the defi which u buy with a stablecoin/ ethereum.
Why not just trade it straightly in the market instead of buy defi to borrow stablecoin first?

|   Facebook   |     Twitter     |                                       R A N G E R S                                       |    Discord    |    Medium    |
|    Telegram   |                                        ─────     PROTOCOL     ─────                                        |    Gitbook    |
████  ███  ██  █          VIRTUAL WORLDS BLOCKCHAIN INFRASTRUCTURE          █  ██  ███  ████
bitcon
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008

View Profile
January 29, 2021, 06:21:55 AM

Hi All,

Any defi coin i buy do i need to stake or can i just accumulate as much as i can on an exchange and hope for some profit?

Thanks

All the hype around DeFi is actually the hype around farming. Don't confuse farming with staking. In the case of staking, it's not about tokens, but about cryptocurrencies. You just need to determine what it is convenient for you to make money on.
Bethekingdom

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 01, 2021, 02:08:59 PM

they aren't bad. likely a team has good strategic vision and they are backed by a public company
Samayuki

Activity: 574
Merit: 24

View Profile
February 01, 2021, 04:46:37 PM

Hi All,

Thanks
DeFi projects are very popular with their farming yield but it's never the same with Proof of stake coins, I gotta warn you though if the DeFi project ROI is too high it won't live long before the team close such project and escape with tons of money, investors money actually, be careful

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: