Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 07:28:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: MyEtherWallet launches open-source Ethereum block explorer  (Read 127 times)
travwill (OP)

Activity: 1313
Merit: 278

View Profile
September 15, 2020, 09:17:16 PM

Crypto wallet service MyEtherWallet has launched an open-source blockchain explorer to go alongside its popular wallet service.

Called EthVM, the new data service will be more transparent and conducive to collaboration compared with popular explorers Etherscan and Ethplorer, which are not open-source. "We believe this will help us discover use cases and solutions that have not been addressed by blockchain explorers before," the company said in a press release.

MyEtherWallet saw 1.4 million visitors to its website last month. The company said that in providing support to its wallet users, the team has realized that many user questions — particularly those that pertain to wallet balances and transaction status — can be quickly and easily answered using a blockchain explorer.

"When it's late at night and you get a scare because the wallet interface is showing you unexpected balances, a block explorer can tell you what's really going on."

https://www.theblockcrypto.com/linked/77757/myetherwallet-open-source-ethereum-block-explorer

█████████████████████████████████████████████████
██                ▄▄▄███████▄▄                 ██
██             ▄███▀▀        ▀▀▄               ██
██▄▄███████▀  ███▀                             ██
██▀█▄▄       ███▀   ▐███████▄    ▄██▄          ██
██  ▀███▄▄▄ ███▌    ▐██    ██    ▀██▀          ██
██      ▀▀█████▌    ▐███████▀           ▀▀██▄▄ ██
██          ███▌    ▐██ ▄▄▄                 ▀████
██           ███▄   ▐██  ▀██▄ ▀▀▀███████████▀▀ ██
██            ████▄             ▄█▀            ██
██             ▀████▄▄▄     ▄▄██▀              ██
██                ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀                ██
█████████████████████████████████████████████████
VIRTUAL WORLDS
BLOCKCHAIN INFRASTRUCTURE
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
D I S C O R D     
M E D I U M     
G I T B O O K     

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CuriousGeorge

Activity: 1498
Merit: 251

KUWA.ai

View Profile
September 15, 2020, 11:33:10 PM

This platform already alive but there are still bugs on ethVM https://www.ethvm.com/

I have tried to searched the address use this ethereum chain explorer but it's still saying "This is an invalid search string".

IMO if etherscan is a step ahead of ethVM and MEW should have released this along with the release of MEW too. UI looks a bit better than etherscan but i can say im still feeling confidence with etherscan

|
|

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Princejebs

Activity: 560
Merit: 26

View Profile
September 16, 2020, 06:39:05 AM

Good initiative!vThey have been around the corner since the early days of crypto.
I hope they also integrate private key into their mobile wallet instead just mnemonic phrase. I don't know why I prefer getting access into my fund using private key than mnemonic seed, I feel secured using that but the wallet don't support that at the moment.
slackovic
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1215

View Profile
September 16, 2020, 09:12:42 AM

I can't believe they released Ethereum explorer where you get an error when searching for ETH wallet. Besides, I don't see anyone would need another ETH explorer when there are Etherscan and Ethplorer. True, Ethplorer is a bit outdated, but I still use it sometimes.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: