Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:04:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: MUNT: PoW2 - SIGMA - SEGSIG - Become a Witness and secure your future.  (Read 2063 times)
Gulden.com (OP)

Activity: 25
Merit: 4

View Profile
September 16, 2020, 04:22:15 AM
Last edit: November 20, 2022, 06:36:42 PM by Gulden.com
Merited by CryptoObserver (2), flappie (2)

Twitter | Facebook | Community Telegram | GitHub | Discord | Reddit | Medium | Freenode IRC: #gulden

Important note:

Gulden has been rebranded to Munt, The Gulden name will be used as NFT (to be released early next year) on the Munt blockchain.

From the Founder of Munt:

Maintaining and further developing Munt
A financial summary

What the team is working on
Our work

Official Website
Official Slack

Wallets: Desktop and mobile wallets in the link below.

Download the latest Munt client

Where to buy Munt:

Purchase options

About Munt

Munt is a witness-secured decentralized network for payments, digital assets, finance and more.
The direction of the developments are determined by the Gulden advisory board (GAB). The GAB consists of 9 members and is elected each year from the members of the community.
Anyone can stand for election. Voting for candidates is recorded and done through the Munt blockchain.
Munt would like to become a generally accepted means of payment. To this end, the development is aimed at making the wallets as user-friendly as possible.

GAB Members and Gulden Team
GAB meeting minutes

What makes Munt unique:

- PoW2 (Proof of work + Witness)
- SegSig (Segregated Signature)
- SIGMA (Semi Iterated Global Memory Argon)
- Linking (Control your mobile wallet from your desktop wallet)
- Wallet accounts
- Unity (Unified codebase)
- Delta (Difficulty Algorithm)
- Sonic (Fast Sync)

Features of Munt explained:

PoW2

Munt does not use a standard PoW consensus model, but the in-house developed PoW2 model. This is a combination of PoW and Witness. Miners control the transactions and the Witness controls the miners.
Anyone can become a witness by locking an amount of Munt in a Witness account in the desktop wallet for a certain amount of time.
Depending on the weighting of the witness account (chosen duration and amount in the account) the witness earns rewards.
The advantage of this system is that the Munt blockchain can withstand 51% attacks without relying heavily on energy-guzzling PoW miners or vulnerable standard PoS systems.
Transactions can be safely accepted after one confirmation instead of the standard 3-6 confirmations.

Developer notes:
PoW2 Whitepaper
PoW² explored — A post-launch look at some of the security implications

Community notes:
PoW2 simply explained
How to setup a Witness

SIGMA

Since October 17, 2019, the Munt team has implemented the Sigma algorithm and since then it is possible to mine Munt solo without additional equipment.
The algorithm is asic resistant and can be done on a normal desktop computer using it’s CPU. One can simply use this CPU mining algorithm by creating a mining account in the desktop wallet and start mining Munt/Gulden.

Developer notes:
An introduction to SIGMA the new ‘CPU friendly’ algorithm for Munt/Gulden
Post launch look at SIGMA

Community notes and videos:
How to mine Munt/Gulden
Video tutorial displaying how to mine
German Video tutorial on setting up Mining and Witness Account

SegSig - Segregated Signature - Detailed article still to be published but was implemented with PoW2.

Advantages of Segregated Signature
1. 58% space saving on all transactions. More then twice the bitcoin SegWit implementation.
2. 58% increased transaction throughput. No block size or frequency changes needed.
3. Overhaul to the transaction script system which allowed us to implement PoW² and SegSig as clean as possible along with other benefits.

Linking

The desktop wallets can contain multiple accounts and mobile wallets can be linked to a single account in the desktop.
For more info: How to Link

Sonic

Developed to decrease the initial sync time of the Munt / Gulden core wallets by up to 60% depending on the underlying hardware.

Miscellaneous:

Tools:

Block explorer 1: http://explorer.munt.org/
Block explorer 2: http://muntbook.org/
Block explorer 3: https://munt.chainviewer.org/

New Gulden/Munt Video Guides:  Gulden Video Guides

Gulden News: Gulden community news site

Specifications:

- Max Supply: 700 Million
- Block Reward: 25
- Block Intervals: 150s
- Block Halving: Every 4 years
- Expected date to Max Supply: March 2055
- Algorithm: SIGMA

Announcement page content put together by the Munt community for the Munt community.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
CryptoObserver

Activity: 91
Merit: 12

View Profile
September 16, 2020, 01:35:04 PM

One of the undiscovered gems in crypto. Happy to see an official announcement page coming back. Two smerits sent your way gulden.com
Gulden.com (OP)

View Profile
September 16, 2020, 09:14:42 PM

Sections still to be added.

Up and coming developments and new services.
Documentation.
Gulden help page.
Gulden.com (OP)

View Profile
September 17, 2020, 10:23:15 AM
Last edit: September 17, 2020, 10:36:30 AM by Gulden.com

PoW2 simply explained by one our beloved community members, it's a good read for anyone that is interested in the innovation that is PoW2, developed by Guldens main developer Malcolm MacLeod.

PoW2 simply explained
PeterPicker

Activity: 72
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 17, 2020, 01:53:17 PM

https://dactual.com/ has a lot of information about Witness accounts and Miners on the network. Highly recommended to check out.

A Witness gets 30 reward if they sign a block.  
TillKoeln
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1051

unnamed.Exchange, join the Cool Kids!!!

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2020, 11:15:07 PM
Last edit: September 18, 2020, 12:54:54 AM by TillKoeln

delete please

tippytoes

Activity: 1988
Merit: 275

View Profile
September 17, 2020, 11:58:41 PM

Very old project. But what are the major accomplishments so far? A lot are aiming to be the next payment gateway, but how many merchants so far has accepted gulden to be included in their payment system? Is the guldenmap updated? Does it mean that all those merchants in your guldenmap are accepting your coin?
Gulden.com (OP)

View Profile
September 18, 2020, 07:26:18 AM
Last edit: September 18, 2020, 07:42:05 AM by Gulden.com

Very old project. But what are the major accomplishments so far? A lot are aiming to be the next payment gateway, but how many merchants so far has accepted gulden to be included in their payment system? Is the guldenmap updated? Does it mean that all those merchants in your guldenmap are accepting your coin?

We are happy with the development progress for Gulden as per the OP.

May this year we had a bit of set back with a payment processor called Nocks that unfortunately had to close it's doors https://twitter.com/nocksapp?lang=en as they were bought out by another company. Quite a few merchants that didn't accept Gulden directly used Nocks as a intermediary between Gulden payments. Some of the community members will be able to shed more light on which stores still accept Gulden as it was mainly community driven.

The Gulden advisory board have also acknowledged the importance of getting a replacement for Nocks and so https://blockhut.com/ was born. Work still needs to be done on this new exchange medium but it will become a big step forward for payments in the future. This includes a Decentralized exchange as per the last Gulden Advisory Board meeting.

https://guldenadvisoryboard.com/gulden-notulen-gab-meeting-7-september-2020/

Full English minutes below and I have bolded the parts you and others might find interesting.

ENGLISH MEETING NOTES SEPTEMBER 7TH 2020
Present: Rijk, Robby, Onno, Annemiek, Nick, Paul, Jaap.
Absent: Matthias, Marc, Bart.

On september 7th 2020 the GAB had an online meeting together with Rijk Plasman. Here you can find a summary of the meeting and the most important subjects during this meeting.

Latest updates from the past few days.
Rijk: We needed to fix an error in the miningrewards (these were to high). This has been fixed with update 2.2.0.12. We didn’t have any noticable errors but it was a slight inconvenience. The blockreward adjustment (through an hardfork) became active sooner than anticipated. A lot of witness devices (mainly the raspberry PI’s) didn’t have the 2.2.0.12 update installed yet. This caused the chain to halt for a longer time than we wanted. For future updates in hard-forks Gulden and the GAB plan to release the software sooner and give users more time to update to the latest version. We also try to communicate this better.

Gulden does have a checkpointserver, a server wich controles the network. This was needed in several transitionphases when introducing PoW2 and witness. This server can be shut-down to decentralize Gulden even more. The GAB votes in front of this action.

The GAB’s opinion is that we need a system where the PI’s can upgrade without any action needed from G-Dash (Bastijn). For now we won’t give it any priority in the near future; but it’s something on our back-log to maintain the decentralization of Gulden.

Electron wallet. Concerning the Electron wallet it looks very promising but nevertheless a lot of work is still in progress, mainly in the connection between front-end and back-end. The implementation will be done for NOVO first. Here al the early stage bugs will be solved. When this is ready it can be easily implemented for Gulden as well.

Progress DEX – At this moment the development team is working on Electron. After that development on the DEX will be started.

New exchange listing for Gulden. The plan is to add an additional exchange listing for Gulden this year. (apart from the Dex)

Questions to the GAB/Gulden from the Gulden Community.

What is Gulden’s big vision?
Gulden is a decentralized project and therefore has no vision of its own. The vision about Gulden is different for everyone and therefore personal. Rijk was asked what his vision is, which is as follows: Gulden is naturally on its way to becoming an (inter)national currency. You cannot force that, because this depends on various uncontrollable factors, the most important of which is the price. Gulden is currently not being used as a payment method. Even if the tools were now here for it, far too few people would actually pay with it. Having tools is more of a marketing gimmick at the moment, so desirable, as it can help with adoption. Only when there are very many users it does become interesting for companies to accept Gulden as a payment method. This situation can only arise naturally, because it is a decentralized project. Part of that natural way is the coming / going of community members, where there is always a strong support group. That is already the case, but I expect that it will grow, due to the decentralized nature of Gulden, where you can have your own vision.

When will it be possible again to transfer Euro’s on my IBAN Bank-account directly from the Gulden wallet?
As soon as any broker supports this we’ll have it implemented again.

Now Nocks is gone, can Gulden develop a plugin for checkout pages on webshops?
Rijk: This is something we’re working on through Blockhut
bitcoinnami
Copper Member

Activity: 52

View Profile
September 18, 2020, 11:17:39 AM

When will the project be listed on major exchanges and exchanged?
Gulden.com (OP)

View Profile
September 18, 2020, 11:55:30 AM

Gulden is listed on bittrex and can be purchased and sold through litebit.

https://global.bittrex.com/Market/Index?MarketName=BTC-NLG

https://www.litebit.eu/en/buy/gulden
CaVO32

Activity: 1848
Merit: 158

View Profile
September 18, 2020, 12:08:26 PM

Since bittrex is asking KYC for all levels of traders, this may hinder some of your followers to trade your coin in that exchange. But I saw that you are also trading in yobit, but some users are not comfortable using that exchange. So hopefully, we will see this coin to a more user friendly and reputable exchange, no KYC (if you are trading below 2-3 btc/day).
flappie

Activity: 87
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 18, 2020, 12:21:03 PM

Since bittrex is asking KYC for all levels of traders, this may hinder some of your followers to trade your coin in that exchange. But I saw that you are also trading in yobit, but some users are not comfortable using that exchange. So hopefully, we will see this coin to a more user friendly and reputable exchange, no KYC (if you are trading below 2-3 btc/day).

Yobit haven't updated their Gulden wallet the last 4 years. So, all Gulden there are stucked in the Yobit wallet. Yobit refuses to do something about it but also don't want to delist Gulden after several times asking for that.
No withdraws are possible. Don't use Yobit is my advise.
PeterPicker

Activity: 72

View Profile
September 18, 2020, 01:30:57 PM

Which exchanges these days don't require KYC for all levels of traders?
Sinotek

Activity: 61

View Profile
September 20, 2020, 08:50:17 PM

I absolutely love the witness feature that was introduced to this coin, providing an extra layer of security when also collecting some passive income from staking. I know this last bear market has been brutal not only to Gulden but to many other coins, but the perfect storm is brewing and i'm sure things will pivot at any moment.
flappie

Activity: 87
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 21, 2020, 09:23:09 AM

Distribution of mining rewards is still fantastic. No pools with >30% influence. Only solomining, Only CPU mining.

Here is the manual https://medium.com/coinmonks/mining-gulden-d4fe8c690939
sdcadv

Activity: 6

View Profile
September 21, 2020, 01:37:11 PM

These are the type of coins I normally invest in but I would like to see it listed on another exchange before I commit some satoshis.
Gulden.com (OP)

View Profile
September 22, 2020, 02:50:56 PM

New version 2.3.0.0 of the Gulden wallet available.

http://Gulden.com/download
john1010

Activity: 2086
Merit: 562

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2020, 01:22:07 PM

Do you have any instruction on how we start mining it using our cpu, any mining software to use, pools etc, I read the old thread, seems this coin is an old coin and the dev it hink want to relive or promote it again here. But this coin looks potential specially it is now listed on bitrex.
Gulden.com (OP)

View Profile
September 24, 2020, 03:24:39 PM

Do you have any instruction on how we start mining it using our cpu, any mining software to use, pools etc, I read the old thread, seems this coin is an old coin and the dev it hink want to relive or promote it again here. But this coin looks potential specially it is now listed on bitrex.

Hi John,

You can read through a how to mine guide or watch a video that displays how to mine through the wallets with the below links.

How to mine Gulden
john1010

Activity: 2086
Merit: 562

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2020, 10:46:36 AM

Hi John,

You can read through a how to mine guide or watch a video that displays how to mine through the wallets with the below links.

How to mine Gulden

Thanks for your response, I'm now syncing my wallet, I just want to try this coin hope it will have a great future. Seems that you have also a android and other platform, that's looks great. Wishing the best luck for this coin.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: