Bitcoin Forum
July 13, 2024, 09:22:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Understanding Bitcointalk.org Top Boards  (Read 438 times)
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3276
Merit: 4113

View Profile
September 21, 2020, 09:53:43 PM
Merited by ImThour (1)

In conclusion, don't just look at numbers , headlines, remember this phrase; "don't judge a book by its cover" ...so just it's worth saying "don't judge bitcointalk by its boards".

Unfortunately, it is human nature to judge a book by its cover, and that's why exciting technologies don't ever get off the ground. Theymos gets judged just for being the image of Bitcointalk, and for some reason outside Bitcointalk there seems to be hostility towards its users in general. I'm not sure what the image of Bitcointalk is outside Bitcointalk as I'm way to involved in the forum to take a step back, but I've read quite a few statements of hostile towards this forum. I don't know if they've been wronged, or at least feel they've been wronged, but I get the feeling its not that, and just the cool thing to say. I dunno, maybe the general consensus of how much spam is located in certain sections on the forum contributes towards that attitude.

I also judge a book by its cover when it comes to threads on this forum. For example, there's certain tell tale signs of a thread title on whether or not its going to be using multiple accounts to create fake buzz, or in general invite lower quality users in.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: