Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:32:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: My bitcointalk forum review and motivational insights.  (Read 409 times)
Smartvirus
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1110

View Profile
September 25, 2020, 10:01:38 AM

I agree with you that ranks are just cosmetics and it is not a need unless one like to earn by joining signature bounty. The higher the rank users has the higher pays the user will get and that is the reason why other users wanting to rank up. As I have metion earlier that other users had rely to it due to pandemic with no stable means of income.
Which ever it is about ranks, it's very effective as it imbibes in users the need to understand certain concepts not just about the forum but also Bitcoin and Altcoins including how the cryptosphere operates. It's just a decoration with some benefits really but very effective.
I don't really know what the forum was like and from what I've gathered from reading articles here about that era, it seems the ranks came based on posts regardless of quality and at times, they were just given. In this regards, I guess a lot of users back then with the knowledge of how the ranks are just given would just create alts each and every time they don't get the desired ranks, filling the forum with needless account IDs.

With regards to OP, it's a carefully crafted concept based on users understanding which is not wrong in itself but then, would be helpful to redefine the forum and it's core system to new users. It's encouraging.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bekuciwu9

Activity: 140
Merit: 12

View Profile
September 25, 2020, 10:24:49 AM

I understand why merit system was introduced. What I'm saying is, spam is still a big problem on the forum. And from some high-ranking members as well.
Now, I don't know if these are accounts that changed owners (were sold or whatever) or are someone’s alt accounts created before the merit system was introduced.

There is no magic wand that will miraculously solve all forum issues regarding spam. Some old accounts probably survived and are parts of the spammer group, but at least huge amount of spammers are disabled from ever ranking up. Just that is huge success of merit system implementation is worth it.
Assface16678

Activity: 1372
Merit: 134

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
September 25, 2020, 10:44:25 AM

I cannot limit the use of our forum because for me the forum is a source of information and like a channel group that can exchange a lot of ideas.

I'm not good at different things and one of the reasons why I explore different board is to acquire a lot of knowledge even I don't have too much merit as a good but still I make an aim to gain it because I need this to rank up too.

I understand why merit system was introduced. What I'm saying is, spam is still a big problem on the forum. And from some high-ranking members as well.
Now, I don't know if these are accounts that changed owners (were sold or whatever) or are someone’s alt accounts created before the merit system was introduced.

There is no magic wand that will miraculously solve all forum issues regarding spam. Some old accounts probably survived and are parts of the spammer group, but at least huge amount of spammers are disabled from ever ranking up. Just that is huge success of merit system implementation is worth it.

Also the merit system is one of the factor we are avoiding those members who is just doing a shitpost and to avoid them getting troll other members. We can't deny that there is some members who is luckily part of the higher rank because they are already on this forum before the merit system. I think they already change their characters as a good member.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: