Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 02:15:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Be careful of new email Bitcoin scammers, read this  (Read 122 times)
brayktcristal (OP)

Activity: 182
Merit: 13

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2020, 05:01:36 PM

If you receive an email like the one below, don't panic.
this is just a fake game set up by scammers.

Also they leak this design in many languages. So don't believe these scammers and don't send bitcoins.

You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Cryptovator
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 2174

Need PR/CMC & CG? TG @The_Cryptovator

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2020, 06:17:59 PM

I have seen the same case on the forum just a couple of days back. I can't recall the thread but the story was similar to you. Most probably someone from your known person trying to blackmail you to gain some BTC. Even hackers story is true but there are no benefits if you send funds, because the hacker will blackmail you always when he will need money. So let them do whatever he can do by ignoring this mail and you may file a case in your local country. So that the cyber department of your country would take action. I believe, if the scammer really had your device access then you would hack your BTC as well, then he shouldn't have written you via email.

Other peoples should take a lesson from here. Your pc should keep clean always and you should have confidence that your devices aren't hacked. Especially we are crypto users and we should be more careful than others.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
bL4nkcode
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1305

Limited in number. Limitless in potential.

View Profile
September 19, 2020, 07:38:27 PM

Target of these people are those users who publicly shown their emails. I have websites and emails were publicly shown and I often receive such email, but all of them dumps to spam folder before I notice them.
So what you need to do is ignore and delete these emails when you receive one of them.
Baofeng
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 1658

View Profile
September 19, 2020, 10:27:31 PM

I have seen the same case on the forum just a couple of days back. I can't recall the thread but the story was similar to you. Most probably someone from your known person trying to blackmail you to gain some BTC. Even hackers story is true but there are no benefits if you send funds, because the hacker will blackmail you always when he will need money. So let them do whatever he can do by ignoring this mail and you may file a case in your local country. So that the cyber department of your country would take action. I believe, if the scammer really had your device access then you would hack your BTC as well, then he shouldn't have written you via email.

This one: Email scam. Or the OP's email has been leaked that's why he received this kind of email. The first thing to do is ignore it and ditch that old email or yours.

Other peoples should take a lesson from here. Your pc should keep clean always and you should have confidence that your devices aren't hacked. Especially we are crypto users and we should be more careful than others.

Update your OS, installed anti-virus and always think twice before clicking any link. Hackers and criminals are everywhere so we really need to have a good security practice so that we won't fall for this trick.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
TalkStar
Copper Member

Activity: 1204
Merit: 737

✅ Need Campaign Manager? TG > @TalkStar675

View Profile WWW
September 19, 2020, 10:50:04 PM

Similar like this email our inbox is getting full with lots of fake emails. As we all know that some dishonest platforms sell their users database to others and purchasing emails for marketting purpose is nothing new. This scammers have got OP's email address somehow and sending emails to to get some easy money by giving threats.

I don’t think anyone will believe their stories where they are trying to prove them as hacker. Just ignore this type of emails and report it as spam. Thanks for letting us know about this and i hope forum newbies will not get panicked after having this kind of email. Stay alert, stay safe.            

▄██████████████████████████▄
████████████████████████████
▀██████████████████████████▀

████░█▄
████░███▄
████▄▄▄▄▄
█████████
█████████
█████████

████░█▄
████░███▄
████▄▄▄▄▄
█████████
█████████
█████████

.KUCOIN LISTING WORKFLOW.
.KUCOIN COMPANY PROFILE..

tippytoes

Activity: 1988
Merit: 275

View Profile
September 19, 2020, 10:53:45 PM

Similar like this email our inbox is getting full with lots of fake emails. As we all know that some dishonest platforms sell their users database to others and purchasing emails for marketting purpose is nothing new. This scammers have got OP's email address somehow and sending emails to to get some easy money by giving threats.

I don’t think anyone will believe their stories where they are trying to prove them as hacker. Just ignore this type of emails and report it as spam. Thanks for letting us know about this and i hope forum newbies will not get panicked after having this kind of email. Stay alert, stay safe.            

Scammers will try their best to dupe those naive users that will panic. And if you are pretty secure with your laptop or computer, then, there's nothing to worry about. Poor attempt to grab money from users.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: