Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:31:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they believe that the creator of this topic displays some red flags which make them high-risk. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Coin Shilling Question  (Read 489 times)
Polo7 (OP)

Activity: 392
Merit: 7

View Profile
September 19, 2020, 07:31:15 PM

So is coin Shilling have really real influence over the coin price? 
If so then If the cryptocurrency news talk about Some Coming project this will make price Go high in Short time of period? 

How much the Shilling usually makes coin Go Up? 
100% in 24 hours is that true? 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Oilacris

Activity: 3010
Merit: 613

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile
September 19, 2020, 11:48:16 PM

If so then If the cryptocurrency news talk about Some Coming project this will make price Go high in Short time of period? 

Shilling and Fuds are always been part on this market not only on crypto but on other markets as well like Forex and stocks.So in the question if shilling does really have real influence then i can say its a yes but depending on the person whom do shill it out im not saying its effective from time to time since people are smart enough if they do saw that a coin been shilled out obviously without any solid proofs that it is really worth to invest on.
When there are some events like fork and other updates news then its neither it do give out positive impact or just have nothing at all.

If the project is just tending to be launched or to be started then when building some hype then it can really drive the price really that high but when the hype dies then expect for the turn of events.
Casually a pump and dump scenario which is pretty common.

For the intensity on how high the price it can possibly grow? Sky is the limit and it depends on the level of hype on where it do result of high buying situation.
100% in 24 hours its just too small to presume on.You can see the possible growths if you would be more longer here on this market. 100% or 2x the price is not really
that something hard to achieve but only on low cap coins or to those who just recently being listed.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
mk4
Legendary

Activity: 2744
Merit: 3830

Paldo.io 🤖

View Profile
September 20, 2020, 03:30:44 AM

It completely depends on the coin. If the coin has a low marketcap and low trading volume/liquidity, then it might be easy to pump it up by a decently effective shiller. But of course, these kinds of pumps aren't sustainable, and are almost guaranteed to crash back down.

It's not the same for every coin. It depends on a lot of factors.

Possible. But then again, it depends.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Jawhead999
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1156

View Profile
September 20, 2020, 07:21:38 AM

We do not know any, but usually the shilled coin  increases it's value but eventually getting dumped after a lot of buyers bought it.
It's wrong,
The price getting dumped because many people sell it, so if there's a lot buyers the price will pump. But it doesn't mean after you buy a coin/token the price will always pump especially if you only buy a little amount from its circulation. It need a lot of money to pump the coin from a whales.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
cryptoaddictchie
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1315

View Profile
September 20, 2020, 07:27:20 AM

Yes it is especiallt if the project is heavily shilled by big community and famous shillers with lots of subscribers. If you knew bitboy and chico on youtube, once they discuss a new project the price went skyrocket anf this is proven when you observed the token value.

But that is not the case for every project. Some are hard shilled but never went up. Mvp or product also affects it.

How much the Shilling usually makes coin Go Up?100% in 24 hours is that true?
Depends sometime its only took few hours just to make a coin to a 100% or more. I can prove its true, cause Im a risk taker on some altcoins. But this is kinda risky and not advisable.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
CryptopreneurBrainboss
Legendary

Activity: 2240
Merit: 4133

eXch.cx - Automatic crypto Swap Exchange.

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2020, 07:54:13 AM
Merited by Gozie51 (1)

Can't say much about media houses influence but that of social media has major influence on the market as I have witnessed it first half. I was hired to managed a supposenly new DeFi related project but later discovered I was just been hired to shilled their project. The host group I was added to had tens of users hired for the same purpose. Before leaving, I took note of the price of the project and comparing the price of the token a week later, it was quite obvious their shilling had a positive impact on price.

Do understand though that tere are some factors that contribute to a successful shilling, the circulating supply of the coin couple with the hype surrounding the technology the project are working on. Like in the current market, DeFi related project are likely to get more attention if been shilled than other technology unlike few months back when layer 2 related project were getting more attention.

In regards to the price decline after the shilling period is over, that's certainly going to occur considering shilling leads to pumping and dumping of a particular coins. If you observe in the current market situation, DeFi related project are getting dumped more. That's as a result of them been overbought during the shilling period.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
abel1337
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

FOCUS

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2020, 11:32:11 AM

Can't say much about media houses influence but that of social media has major influence on the market as I have witnessed it first half. I was hired to managed a supposenly new DeFi related project but later discovered I was just been hired to shilled their project. The host group I was added to had tens of users hired for the same purpose. Before leaving, I took note of the price of the project and comparing the price of the token a week later, it was quite obvious their shilling had a positive impact on price.

Do understand though that tere are some factors that contribute to a successful shilling, the circulating supply of the coin couple with the hype surrounding the technology the project are working on. Like in the current market, DeFi related project are likely to get more attention if been shilled than other technology unlike few months back when layer 2 related project were getting more attention.

In regards to the price decline after the shilling period is over, that's certainly going to occur considering shilling leads to pumping and dumping of a particular coins. If you observe in the current market situation, DeFi related project are getting dumped more. That's as a result of them been overbought during the shilling period.
Being shilled and promoted is one of the factors that makes DeFi projects and their token gain attraction that makes the price go up. They desperately use bounty managers just to make traction to the price. We know that this is for a short period price bump only and I'm sure that they can't maintain the hype around them and this will surely lead into price decline as you said. This happened to most of the DeFi projects, I think DeFi projects will just be a one time profit since we have seen that maintaining the hype is hard and in addition to that there are many DeFi competitors out there that are giving some FUD.
Eureka_07

Activity: 1750
Merit: 260

Binance #SWGT and CERTIK Audited

View Profile
September 20, 2020, 11:50:26 AM

<snip>

Had witnessed some of it, there was a time that it even passed 100% changed in just 24hours. Though I had always been jealous to those who risked their money to invest on those coins, I still don't prefer it, I'm not a very good risk taker just like cryptoaddictchie, so I'm avoiding it. I could observe it more, maybe sometime I find courage to take it.

cryptoaddictchie
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1315

View Profile
September 20, 2020, 02:00:59 PM

Though I had always been jealous to those who risked their money to invest on those coins, I still don't prefer it, I'm not a very good risk taker just like cryptoaddictchie, so I'm avoiding it.
Hello, its okay mate. Dont be jealous at least your safe and free from harm of those gamble on defi projects. Im saying I am risking it cause I know also the consequence. I even risk my 1eth and become 0.011eth value. Its like gambling, study chart, take a deep breath and watch out for possible fundamental that could make the coin fly high. Sometime I could turn my 1eth into 3 or 4. Its always a risk Im taking. Im not saying those are legit but only a short time trading methods for me. Im trading major coins aside from this and I suggest venture into these coin than those shitcoins if you feel you will only lose money.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Nellayar

Activity: 868
Merit: 185

Roobet supporter and player!

View Profile
September 20, 2020, 03:52:51 PM

Shilling and Fuds are always been part on this market not only on crypto but on other markets as well like Forex and stocks.So in the question if shilling does really have real influence then i can say its a yes but depending on the person whom do shill it out im not saying its effective from time to time since people are smart enough if they do saw that a coin been shilled out obviously without any solid proofs that it is really worth to invest on.
When there are some events like fork and other updates news then its neither it do give out positive impact or just have nothing at all.

it is really natural in cryptocurrency to have shillers and fudders. They are earning from that specially if they are numerous large investors who want to buy coins at the bottom while people are panicking.We can`t really control the certain hype unless we go to the trend of the market. Just like what others are saying, the trend is our friend.

Actually, even the traders become smart enough to know if it just a fud, the emotions are still dictating others move. The market needs tough players who can fight against the hype or fud. Just like right now, there are some of my telegram members who said, bitcoin would become blood bath for the next few days and a lot of members had been triggered. RIP for those who follow the fud and sold their coins.

The Cryptovator
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 2170

Need PR/CMC & CG? TG @The_Cryptovator

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2020, 05:05:11 PM

Heavily shilling about a coin on the various platform would influence the coin sometimes. And yes, sometimes crypto-related news creates FOMO which has been leading to price bump. But we can't say how much percent it will up because it depends on coin potentialities. But if you are going to choose such as coin for trading or holding then you are going to take a risk with your funds. Its because the price would hugely dump after a little bump. So don't trust blindly about FUD and FOMO.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
target
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 1041

View Profile
September 20, 2020, 05:34:32 PM

Well if shilling doesn't work, they wouldn't be doing it and hire some influencer to shill it for the team. Mcafee wouldn't be earning millions for a tweeting projects. Celebrities promoting a project now seem to have no effect but the word DEFI right now seem enough to get the attention of investors.

If you shill or fud too much and still the price of the coin didn't go up, that means DTs could already be annoyed to give you red.    Lips sealed

pixie85

Activity: 2128
Merit: 524

View Profile
September 20, 2020, 06:18:27 PM

Depends on the shilling.

If it's done profesionally with real owners of the accounts being paid off it can be a powerfool tool but also very expensive to run for the project owners.
Like if you get some newbie or stolen accounts and start shilling with a bunch of them yourself you will get caught, banned, ridiculed. You will do much worse for the project than if you did nothing.

If you manage to persuade real experienced people to support the project it can be benefitial but also much harder and more expensive.

IMO shilling done by newbies will have no effect.
Krislaw

Activity: 1204
Merit: 388

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2020, 06:47:38 PM

Shilling sometimes contribute to the price of the coin but it depends on how many people shill the tokens, it's common in twitter and the chat in exchanges but it only works if there are many participants who hype up the coin or shill or either the person has a huge influence in the crypto market, like what happens on Doge when Elon Musk tweet about the coin.
CucakRowo

Activity: 994
Merit: 593

aka JAGEND.

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2020, 07:30:17 PM

Aren't shilling and fuds part of marketing? But they are done for free by communities (especially hodler with fat bag). Fuds and shilling are done with the aim to attracts more buyers so that the trading volume can increase. Warren Buffet said: "Be Fearful When Others Are Greedy and Greedy When Others Are Fearful". Shillings and fuds are very useful for getting profit in a short time. However, it is not recommended if you intend to invest for long term.

Oceat

Activity: 2506
Merit: 368

View Profile
September 20, 2020, 07:45:20 PM

Shilling sometimes contribute to the price of the coin but it depends on how many people shill the tokens, it's common in twitter and the chat in exchanges but it only works if there are many participants who hype up the coin or shill or either the person has a huge influence in the crypto market, like what happens on Doge when Elon Musk tweet about the coin.
So basically shilling will work better if the person who shills it is an influencer, a celebrity, a famous person. Although most of those coins who got shilled by celebrities turned out as the same as the rest of those shit coins. It turns out that celebrities doesn't actually know what they were advertising/shilling they just accept the money and go. That's why most of those coins is always good as new during it's hype but won't last long after investors starts to dump.

Lanatsa

Activity: 2814
Merit: 648

View Profile
September 20, 2020, 09:20:09 PM

So basically shilling will work better if the person who shills it is an influencer, a celebrity, a famous person. Although most of those coins who got shilled by celebrities turned out as the same as the rest of those shit coins. It turns out that celebrities doesn't actually know what they were advertising/shilling they just accept the money and go. That's why most of those coins is always good as new during it's hype but won't last long after investors starts to dump.
If those influencers is on the side of those people who don't even know on what they are promoting then they are really just doing such stuff for money and sadly if people do saw that
their idols had introduced something then that's  the time they do easily get hooked up.

But for someone who do have experience into this market for a while now already will surely able to tell that this one isn't really something new and the project had advertised neither a useful one
or most likely to be a garbage on most of the time.

Shilling does work but depends on the influencer or the popularity of someone who do introduce or mentioned out the coin.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Harlot

Activity: 1806
Merit: 671

View Profile
September 20, 2020, 10:07:36 PM

It has an affect, shilling something in the market gives a big influence to how the market will react to that particular cryptocurrency this is even how other people earn money from it. Shilling is so valuable that even John McAfee admitted that he accepts payments from crypto projects for Tweeting about their project and I have no doubt that other influential people in the crypto market are doing the same when it comes to them promoting crypto projects. That's why if you see some people being all positive in a cryptocurrency have some second thoughts before believing that what they are saying is without biased because mostly they will have some behind it, just never fully commit on your buy and sell decisions just because another person has promoted it.
goinmerry
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1083

View Profile
September 20, 2020, 10:50:04 PM

In general, coin shilling can really influence the price.

But people are not that dumb to just go with the flow. We do have our own way to determine if that shilled coin is totally trash or not. We have seen lots of coin shillers doing their best to promote their coin but without them giving us a good reason why should we join the party, it will just be totally ignored.

There is also no exact figures on how much a coin can go up. It depends on how the community will react to that coin.
tippytoes

Activity: 1988
Merit: 275

View Profile
September 20, 2020, 10:59:29 PM

In general, coin shilling can really influence the price.

But people are not that dumb to just go with the flow. We do have our own way to determine if that shilled coin is totally trash or not. We have seen lots of coin shillers doing their best to promote their coin but without them giving us a good reason why should we join the party, it will just be totally ignored.

There is also no exact figures on how much a coin can go up. It depends on how the community will react to that coin.

It may work in the beginning but when people realized that there's nothing in it, they will just go away from this project. But yes, it usually affects the price at the early stage of shilling. But people are not dumb as before. A lot of people do know now how to spot a crap project already.
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  

Jump to: