Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 11:15:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The second hand clothes market is booming.  (Read 306 times)
Jet Cash (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 2456

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2020, 08:23:01 AM

Not all westerners are lard arses. Tge vaccinations and pharmaceuticals taken by parents and given to kids can cause a range of problems. It isn;t just insulin resistance, which I suspect is more related to diet. You see some people with stunted growth, and also many hyperactive bean poles. I agree that "normal" seems to be a declining characteristic though.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Natsuu

Activity: 1120
Merit: 158

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
September 26, 2020, 05:25:07 PM

I know that there is big market for second hand clothes and it's continue to grow. But I doubt that such marketplace with Bitcoin payments is very good idea. These clothes usually costs just few bucks and I don't think that Bitcoin is the best payment option for such small purchases.
And I'm not interested in buying second hand clothes. Offcourse, it's possible to find good quality clothes and famous brands there. If we talk about physical stores, you have to dig among so many terrible clothes which probably wouldn't be accept by charity to find something worth attention.
If we talk about online marketplaces, again it's time consuming to find something good there. Personally, I rather would buy cheap, but new clothes. And wouldn't bother to sell my clothes online. Pack it, go to post, pay for delivery. Is it worth efforts and time to get $5 in the end?

I think they fact on ground is that for those big buyers who buy second clothes in big and large quantities having to pay with BTC is not a bad idea tbh plus it will be quite easier, faster and cheaper.

To convert money currently in my country is tough, the rate is high and there are no sellers of the dollars like it used to years before now. In my country Bitcoin have found retail dominance and it's a good source of getting forex

Its true that there 'maybe' buyers who buy this item in bulk since it is economically friendly, and you can contribute to recycling products, yet you disregard the fact that what they're buying are second hand clothes from a thrifty shops, I've been into some thrifty shops nearby and you need to really dig into the pile of use clothes only to find one good to go shirt. What I'm saying is that, normally, people who buy in thrifty shops do just buy a couple of shirts and pants then leave. And for online marketplace as mentioned, since it is presented online, the damages in the clothes can be tampered easily through photoshop or any other editing app, and just like that, you get to have a damage shirt for a small price + the delivery fee. Ergo, paying through bitcoin, and online marketplace is not the best way to take advantage of the fast grow of second-hand clothes.

virasog
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1159

View Profile
September 26, 2020, 06:15:45 PM

So what do you think about the trend to buy second hand clothes? Would you consider buying or selling clothes?

This shows that people purchasing power is decreasing as they can't afford to buy the new clothes. These second hand clothes markets are a blessing for poor people as they can get good quality branded clothes from these markets at a very cheap price.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
Vilagra

Activity: 672
Merit: 109

View Profile
September 30, 2020, 07:27:26 AM
Merited by Jet Cash (2)

Second hand is not always a place for the poor people. I like second hand because I can find something very special there, and buying in there I support ecology and the policy of slow fashion.

R A D I X   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   The Decentralized Finance Protocol
█████████ GET TOKENS █████████    Facebook      Telegram      Twitter
The Radix DeFi Protocol is    SCALABLE SECURE COMMUNITY DRIVEN
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
September 30, 2020, 09:07:48 AM
Merited by Jet Cash (2)

Second hand is not always a place for the poor people. I like second hand because I can find something very special there, and buying in there I support ecology and the policy of slow fashion.

I find it impossible to predict if I am going to like an article of clothing when I buy it.  For whatever reason, a lot of what become on of my 'favorite clothes' happen to be ones I've purchased 2nd hand.

---

In other news (here in my 'developing world' nation), I'm now thinking about the possibility of getting cloth cutting equipment and selling 'kits' of pre-cut pieces in lot of, say, 50, or whatever a comfortable batch size is for cutting operations.  The idea would be that local cottage-industry class seamsters could sew up a batch and sell them locally themselves with no further interaction.  And, importantly, no shipping and banking expenses since a good many potential customers here are 'unbanked' and the shippers are not inclined to service rural areas where there is no profit margin.  The country itself has no state operated postal service.

Speaking of infrastructure, the technocrats are rapidly putting telecom infrastructure to even the most remote areas at what must be huge losses.  It's part of the 'great reset' that the World Economic Forum (Rockefellers et-al) are peddling as the 'new normal'.  It is still not possible to eat and wear bandwidth...but it is possible to know exactly, to the individual level, what a particular peep is eating and wearing.  That's the technocratic dream, and it looks like they will either pull it off or come fairly close.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
Police Indo

Activity: 649
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2020, 11:08:50 PM

selling used clothes for now started because people needed additional fees so they sold some items that were rarely used but still valid in the market. if someone collects and creates a special buying and selling forum, then this is acceptable, there must be many who support it.

Dorodha

Activity: 252
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 01, 2020, 06:54:54 AM

The boom in the second hand cloth market has increased a lot the demand for buying and selling has increased a lot. The market is adding a lot of new items which is causing the clothing market to freeze. For wholesale many people are able to buy new clothes according to their own ability. Also many new people are coming because of the good security system of the market and this time they have a big smile on their face as the sales are good.
blackbirdbitcoin

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 01, 2020, 02:44:54 PM

Though this might sound like a good business, I would recommend against it, we are in the midst of a pandemic. We cant see the virus, but the virus is very real. What if the clothes being sold are infected? We would not only put ourselves at risk but the lives of others too.
tvbcof
Legendary

View Profile
October 01, 2020, 03:15:58 PM

Though this might sound like a good business, I would recommend against it, we are in the midst of a pandemic. We cant see the virus, but the virus is very real. What if the clothes being sold are infected? We would not only put ourselves at risk but the lives of others too.

Should we just go naked then?  I mean, most clothes come out of Asia where your dreaded Kobe Wirus is said (to idiots) to come from.

Anyway, forgetting about the Dreaded Kobe Wirus, there are a couple of reasons to wash clothes you might get whether they come out of a brand new package or not.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
TheCoinGrabber

Activity: 994
Merit: 302

View Profile
October 01, 2020, 05:19:38 PM

<...>
Personally my only problem with them are the sizes. Considering how large Westerners can get, most clothes would have to be altered.
Ah yes. Since they cannot really see and try the clothes personally, size could be a problem. But I guess spending a small amount for the alterations wouldn't be a problem for the buyer. It's still profitable since he was able to buy the cloth in a cheaper price and he can use it in the long run.

They actually retail the clothes and people get to try them. It's just that many clothes that came from the US tend to be large so it's quite a hunt to find something that fits just right. I personally wouldn't bother with alterations except for jeans. This market is also flooded with brand-new (and cheap) clothes from China and those usually have a greater variety of sizes. So if ever I'm buying used clothes, I'll probably just wear them at home.
Bitcoin577

Activity: 168

View Profile
October 01, 2020, 05:34:29 PM

In our country buying or selling second hand clothes never been problem because we are living in third world and here mostly peoples buying power is not good enough so they love to have very good clothes from these markets with very good price as I personally have many time this shopping which helps me a lot in many ways good thing we have very good markets in different cities where peoples can buy and sell these items very easily its also good for many those not able to spend some good amount on this stuff.
eddie13
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 2262

BTC or BUST

View Profile
October 01, 2020, 05:49:36 PM

I enjoy resale shopping, picking, and I buy almost all of my clothes from resale shops and places like goodwill, lol..
 One because I am frugal and two because I like to wear nice and interesting things.. I find a lot of cool shirts that you couldn’t just buy anywhere if you tried, like older band shirts and whatnot..

You can’t go expecting to buy a whole new wardrobe, but if you resale shop as a pastime and just pick up cool/nice stuff when you find it, the collection grows over time..

I have accumulated a lot of nice clothes that I like a lot, mostly shirts, paid very little for it, and don’t ever end up wearing the same thing as someone else, like people that shop at malls all end up buying the same shirts as eachother..

Pants in my size are hard to find In my size because I’m not fat, and I’m picky, and ofcourse I buy all my underclothes new..

I also buy a lot of tools this way and at garage sales.. Good quality tools are very expensive so I just stop look and buy what I see.. It would probably take $10k-$20k to replace all the tools in my shop but I probably only have $2k-$3k into it all.. Good stuff too.. USA/Germany stuff..

I have been doing it for years.. I actually enjoy the hunt..

Chancellor on Brink of Second Bailout for Banks
noorammak

Activity: 490

View Profile
October 04, 2020, 03:00:34 PM

The second-hand market isn't bad, but not everyone likes to use other people's second-hand stuff. I know there are a lot of old clothes that are still fine and their owners have ignored them after 1-2 uses or discontinued items are sold, they are worth collecting. I completely agree that people make use of the good, the best price against the waste.
COVID 19 makes the economy difficult and exports less because the demand decreases. That could be one of the reasons for the boom in the 2hand market.

Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
October 04, 2020, 04:49:32 PM

The second hand clothes market is booming.

Also the thrift shops. A friend in Salt Lake city opened few thrift shops about a year or two ago. He says business is booming. It was booming before covid-19 and there is no change about it now. And even if recession strikes thrift shops will be the least affected. 
eddie13
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 2262

BTC or BUST

View Profile
October 04, 2020, 08:51:28 PM

I’m wearing a cornwell tools long sleeve shirt with cross pistons/rods on it right now that I got from some resale shop..

Can’t find cool stuff like that at the mall.. Never seen another one like it..

Chancellor on Brink of Second Bailout for Banks
coolcoinz
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1103

View Profile
October 04, 2020, 09:35:21 PM

I've noticed that the quality of clothes available in stores has dropped significantly. What used to be considered normal (like 100% cotton) is now sold as "bio" and costs more, while the "normal" clothes are all made of cheap plastic. As time goes by good quality clothes are going to become more expensive, I'm sure of it.

Kong Hey Pakboy

Activity: 1120
Merit: 68

View Profile
October 07, 2020, 07:03:11 AM

My aunt has her own online shop that sells second-hand clothes and brand new clothes, and I see it is booming and a trend because even many people commonly stay at their homes, people still do things in their leisure time and be prepared for their next trip after the pandemic. It is why selling second-hand clothes is an excellent small business, while some people temporarily don't have jobs.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
tvbcof
Legendary

View Profile
October 27, 2020, 07:58:36 AM
Last edit: October 27, 2020, 10:47:47 AM by tvbcof

It bears repeating if I've mentioned it before, but selling used clothing (or used anything really) is not very sustainable.  And no, I don't use the word 'sustainable' as a NWO buzzword in this case.  It's kind of the fallout of simple logic.

This thread is less than a month old.  In that time we've invested in a certain amount of equipement and a certain amount of fabric, networked with various people who have been put out of work by the Globalists in their 'great re-set', and turned out thousands of articles of clothing.

'Thousands' is not used in a figurative manner, and it is deliberately plural.

The business is not unprofitable even though making money is not my primary goal or interest.  I very much enjoy knowing that some people are eating and paying their electrical bills again.  Also that the gigantic corporations who eliminated their competition via the covid-19 scamdemic are having a little bit of 'their problem' come sneaking back in already.  These two things in and of themselves make the adventure worthwhile to me.

AGORISM!  Much better than Oligarchical Collectivism as is being ushered in as the so-called 'new normal' by the World Economic Forum.

Those who are in a position to be able really need to walk the walk rather than talk the talk.  It's possible, and it's rewarding.  Mostly, it is us plebians only hope to avoid total enslavement if we have one at all.

Twinkledoe

Activity: 1904
Merit: 138

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
October 27, 2020, 10:43:48 AM

The second hand clothes market is booming.

Also the thrift shops. A friend in Salt Lake city opened few thrift shops about a year or two ago. He says business is booming. It was booming before covid-19 and there is no change about it now. And even if recession strikes thrift shops will be the least affected.  

And the good thing with this business is that they are not shelling huge amount of initial capital. They can even get some stuffs for free. I am patron with these thrift shops also. Instead of ending up in the landfill, somebody can still use it. I find it not practical also buying expensive clothes while we are still in crisis. And most of the time, we will use those clothes not so often and will just end up cluttering our cabinets.
gmakaveli

Activity: 34
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 28, 2020, 05:14:54 PM

It's funny how Americans react to second hand clothes. It's absolutely normal in Europe, I'd rather spend a whole day shopping in vintage stores and get some rare and almost new designer clothes or really good and cheap high quality stuff
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: