Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 08:42:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Should we post for members or guests?  (Read 388 times)
Jet Cash (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 2456

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2020, 09:22:47 AM

I upgraded Ubuntu on the netbook, and it has become more or less unusable. It doesn't recognise the WiFi adaptor, and it has disabled the keyboard. I did a bit of googling, but I've decided to bin Ubuntu, and switch to open SuSe as an experiment. It would be nice to have a board here where one could discuss these topics.

[note] This is not a request for help in this thread, as I am going to make the switch anyway. If you are replying to this post, then please keep the reply focused on the addition of a computer hardware and software board, and not on my specific problem, thanks.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ABCbits
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 7483

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile
September 24, 2020, 09:48:41 AM
Merited by vapourminer (1)

it would be great if we had a section dedicated to discussing computer things; and if we had a section dedicated to programming and a section dedicated to video games.

Not sure about video games, but both computer hardware and software should have some quality since some bitcoiner are also computer nerd.

I upgraded Ubuntu on the netbook, and it has become more or less unusable. It doesn't recognise the WiFi adaptor, and it has disabled the keyboard. I did a bit of googling, but I've decided to bin Ubuntu, and switch to open SuSe as an experiment. It would be nice to have a board here where one could discuss these topics.

Debian usually keep driver for very old hardware, even though Debian recently removed very old driver (https://fossbytes.com/debian-gnu-linux-legacy-drivers-remove/).

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Eureka_07

Activity: 1750
Merit: 260

Binance #SWGT and CERTIK Audited

View Profile
September 24, 2020, 11:56:38 AM

For both I guess? But it's for the members first.
The first thing who benefits are those members that asks, guest are just a later benefitiaries of the idea or anything that can be found here.
Good discusssions will surely attract guests and new members to join us here, and that sounds good, am I right?

This forum should be measured by the innovation it encourages, not the # of posters.
I<snip>
This is quantity vs quality, but it does not really matter(for me), but if we have more quality members that came here, it's a good thing for Bitcointalk.
On the otherside, if more spammers came, it's negative, but wouldn't be a big impact because there are fixed guidelines and rules that fights againts spammers.

XgaTuring

Activity: 8
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 24, 2020, 03:36:42 PM

We all have computing equipment, and I think it would be useful to have a hardware forum. This could combine desktops, notebooks and mobiles, and could always be split if it becomes too busy.

it would be great if we had a section dedicated to discussing computer things; and if we had a section dedicated to programming and a section dedicated to video games. the current section of hardware seems to me to be just for selling or buying. it is not for discussion. my point is that if we have a discussion section of computer hardware and programming and video games, we will see much more constructive discussions and we will not see attacks as seen in the reputation section. I don't know if I'm meeting your line of thought.

Many of these users will have, or consider creating, websites. One of my frequent appeals is for a domain owners board, with a buying and selling sub-board. The digital goods sales board here is completely useless for a domain name trader in my opinion. That is based on previous attempts to use it, so maybe I should have another go.

I scrolled through the section of Digital goods and it seems to me that organizing that section will be a lot of work

Something along those lines could be beneficial. Posting is hard even after lurking for a few years. Small insightful information is always nice.
Jet Cash (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2020, 04:01:53 PM

Well here is a surprising development that has come from my posting. It is from the used clothing thread for my Rag St thread. It seems there is a possibility that the site could arrange for hand made clothing made in an under developed country could be exported and sold in a developed country, and payment could be made in Bitcoin. I think that is a great idea, and could help a village economy. I just wonder if I will be able to put a deal like that together, and what problems I will have with customs etc.

Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
XgaTuring

Activity: 8
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 25, 2020, 01:09:51 AM
Merited by Jet Cash (2)

Well here is a surprising development that has come from my posting. It is from the used clothing thread for my Rag St thread. It seems there is a possibility that the site could arrange for hand made clothing made in an under developed country could be exported and sold in a developed country, and payment could be made in Bitcoin. I think that is a great idea, and could help a village economy. I just wonder if I will be able to put a deal like that together, and what problems I will have with customs etc.

Something like that would work well on the Safex marketplace platform once its up and running, https://safex.io/merchants/
NavI_027

Activity: 1232
Merit: 186

View Profile
September 25, 2020, 05:37:19 AM

This forum should be measured by the innovation it encourages, not the # of posters.
I<snip>
On the otherside, if more spammers came, it's negative, but wouldn't be a big impact because there are fixed guidelines and rules that fights againts spammers.
Hmm, you had a good point somehow; their damage is greatly reduced through the combined efforts of mods, merit system and active reporters. But in my opinion, I still can't say that they don't create a huge impact here because even a single toxic person can cause a lot of trouble. As long as there are members who got deceived by the scammers and annoyed by the spammers/sh*tposters then it should be a big deal for us. Nevertheless, I am grateful to have a law and enforcers who are fighting against dirty deeds Cheesy.
cryptoaddictchie
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1315

View Profile
September 25, 2020, 05:54:35 AM

Actually, there are still new users which are good in creating quality posts. But when it comes to a unique and helpful post specially when it comes to technical, old users contributed a lot. It is not just lazy to post or create new ideas. I think lack of knowledge and almost all good posts were shared already are the factors why some new user cannot make new posts.
You are right. Ive noticed of course these new users started to being out their skills and knowledge on blockchain and crypto and its good to know that even some are lazy, or let say lose apetite, they have been replace by users like you mate. Ive always noticed you bring some quality post since then.

Also thats the thing. Almost all the post that have topics have been posted already and new users having trouble to create a new one with unique topic. Especially when others will commented "this has been posted already" something like that.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
bitcoinsvrocks

Activity: 28
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 25, 2020, 08:29:02 AM

Why you want to bring new users to this forum? that will be like fighting against the current, and you know what happen to those who cant fight the current...
This forum should remain how it is, about BTC, maybe some of the subforums can be removed or can be disabled, read only mode, like the altcoin forum because no one use it anymore.
And we should have a Bitcointalk day, that can be the the same day as pizza day, so everybody once a year, will remember that Bitcointalk was the most popular forum about crypto and died, and we can celebrate having one minute of silence because the forum is dead and nobody use it anymore.
Jet Cash (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2020, 08:44:26 AM

Wild salmon is healthier and tastier than farmed salmon. There is a good reason for this - it is because the wild salmon has to fight against the current. This makes it stronger, and ensures the survival of the fittest. The problem that Bitcoin Talk may have is an unwillingness of many members to fight against the current to get to the spawning grounds. The solution is for some of us to rebuild the spawning grounds, and thus attract and encourage the virile crypto enthusiasts.

bitcoinsvrocks

Activity: 28
Merit: 1

View Profile
September 25, 2020, 09:14:29 AM

Wild salmon is healthier and tastier than farmed salmon. There is a good reason for this - it is because the wild salmon has to fight against the current.

When i was saying "fighting against the current" i meant to say, if you fight the current you will get tired fast, drawn and die, this is actually an usefull tip when you are in a river, lake or the sea, if a current take you away don't be afraid and take the current, go with the current, once you are not in the current then swim to where you want to go, of course if i am a salmon, i can jump waterfalls and do other amazing things like breath under the water, but unfortunately Bitcointalk users are human and not fish and i doubt salmon are smart enough to understand crypto, maybe dolphin can one day understand it if we teach them using that Elon Musk brainlink device.

When i said "fighting against the current" in the particular case of Bitcointalk i was trying to say, why Bitcointalk needs to spend so much time, effort and money to bring new users when they don't like it here, and i can tell you why, because i am a new user and i see that this forum future is nothing else than a library for old information, the reason why new users don't like Bitcointalk is the annoying spam from Chipmixer is everywhere in this forum, then there is the annoying warning that every single post is a scam like the Onion tread, then everybody is a scammer and they are calling others scammer like in the Namecoin tread, there is also old members making jokes that nobody understand and then something amazing happened, Discord that was used for gaming became popular in Crypto, and the spam is less, there is no scam warning when i join any discord group, and nobody is calling each other a scammer, maybe Bitcointalk can own a discord channel, but i find it pointless because i bet nobody will join.
Jet Cash (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2020, 10:01:17 AM

Maybe you highlight another difference in your post. I don't use discord, but then I was never much good at gaming. I'm much more interested in investment and banking. My belief is that we want more fund managers and bankers here, and not so many gamers ( unless thery are bankers of course ).

I don't see any scam alerts on threads that I open, and I try to avoid the flaming and name calling. Of course there is a lot of old information here. Members who are new to Bitcoin need to read the basics, and that is probably going to be old information. Fortunately we have many knowledgeable members ( the old timers) who are able to update the basic concepts, and to provide help and advice.

In the world of crypto currencies, it seems that anyone who joined more than a month ago is an old timer. The first cryptographs are claimed to be the Egyptian hieroglyphs from 4,000 years ago, but I don'r really think of them as cryptographs. Possibly the origins of cryptography lie in the cyphering machines of the 1930s. Gaining a good basic understanding of the emerging world will give you a massive advantage, and Bitcoin Talk can help you to gain this understanding.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: