Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 04:27:37 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: DeFi vs. CeFi?  (Read 234 times)
lepbagong

Activity: 2324
Merit: 121

Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI

View Profile
September 26, 2020, 01:04:08 PM

At first there were only CeFi, what difference do they have with fiat based institutions anyway? Seem like a synonym for me minus the technicalities. They are financial companies and they are centralized. So 1+1 is 2 here.

DeFi was here before even knew it, projects like BitRefill were the pioneer of DeFi though some DeFibois will refute that I am wrong about it. Point is that these projects have been less known when the ICO trend was going up. The bad thing is that this sudden hype about DeFi in terms of stablecoins, lending pools and staking pools is bad for the investors. It is a bubble and the real DeFi projects never boomed that much.

I think it is way too early to call mixing of DeFi and CeFi. Lets see how legit these DeFi tokens end up to be first.

I think I agree, it has not been seen what has been made by Defi and only news that seems very enthusiastic and jarring when the situation is indeed worsening. but can we guarantee that it will be good from other systems and this needs very clear proof and not only he said. because all this time all systems are always good in the beginning, finally back to what is usually experienced.

elitium.io
Copper Member

Activity: 96
Merit: 0

A Digital Economy for a Life of Value & Growth

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2020, 05:09:19 AM

At first there were only CeFi, what difference do they have with fiat based institutions anyway? Seem like a synonym for me minus the technicalities. They are financial companies and they are centralized. So 1+1 is 2 here.

DeFi was here before even knew it, projects like BitRefill were the pioneer of DeFi though some DeFibois will refute that I am wrong about it. Point is that these projects have been less known when the ICO trend was going up. The bad thing is that this sudden hype about DeFi in terms of stablecoins, lending pools and staking pools is bad for the investors. It is a bubble and the real DeFi projects never boomed that much.

I think it is way too early to call mixing of DeFi and CeFi. Lets see how legit these DeFi tokens end up to be first.

I think I agree, it has not been seen what has been made by Defi and only news that seems very enthusiastic and jarring when the situation is indeed worsening. but can we guarantee that it will be good from other systems and this needs very clear proof and not only he said. because all this time all systems are always good in the beginning, finally back to what is usually experienced.

How is the current situation worsening? From what we've seen, most businesses are focusing on building a better user experience and use case instead of raising funds through kickstarter like platforms.

Perhaps the maturity levels will develop sooner rather than later as we enter this new digital economy combining DeFi and CeFi.

Elitium - A New Era, Digitally.
TheUltraElite
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1264

So anyway, I applied as a merit source :)

View Profile WWW
September 28, 2020, 05:35:31 AM

I think I agree, it has not been seen what has been made by Defi and only news that seems very enthusiastic and jarring when the situation is indeed worsening.
Just plain talk and promotion of anonmynous stablecoin pools and lending pools. Does that really help? Nope. What they are doing is milking this hype and attempting to prolong the bubble long enough to get money from a lot of investors. Back on the ground level, crypto is a niche sector. Not ventured by bigger whales of the traditional markets. You cant expect a new project to become huge here without a real use case.

but can we guarantee that it will be good from other systems and this needs very clear proof and not only he said. because all this time all systems are always good in the beginning, finally back to what is usually experienced.
Nope, it is all vaporware if you ask me. Someone might refute that I am too narrow visioned but I have seen bitcoin a few years from its inception and altcoins when they started. Ask me, these are bubbles that tried to follow the price rise of bitcoin nothing more than that and this one is same. CeFi and DeFi are made up terms. Focus on bitcoin if you really care about your money in this sector.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
South Park

Activity: 2926
Merit: 798

I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!

View Profile
September 29, 2020, 07:28:19 PM

I think the same just, as the bubble of 2017 damaged bitcoin to the point it took years to recover from the crash that it followed, and the same happened to icos and in their case they have not recovered yet, and I do not think they will ever recover, DeFi coins that existed before the current bubble were ignored but there were good projects there but now thanks to all the scammers that are taking advantage of the ignorance of investors we are seeing scams almost everyday and this is not going to be good for a market that was just starting to gain some traction.
TheUltraElite
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1264

So anyway, I applied as a merit source :)

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2020, 05:08:21 AM

but now thanks to all the scammers that are taking advantage of the ignorance of investors we are seeing scams almost everyday and this is not going to be good for a market that was just starting to gain some traction.
It is very bad that the legit projects who were actually providing a service worth recommending to others never got that traction they needed. Although I still promote about bitrefill in other places if someone asks for it, currently the DeFi trend of lending pools, swap pools and so on are taking over.

Lets compare this with older models of "scams"

Passive income from staking - this become uniswap liquidity pool. It is essentially the same thing. Although Uni is having a good amount of investor backing, how much we can trust them with our coins is questionable. Take your own risk for that, I am not going to support it. Uniswap is for swapping and that is the only thing I am interested in.

Altcoin craze - they are comparable with the DeFi tokens. What is worse is that altcoin projects did have teams and a real roadmap in at least 1% of the cases being legit. These DeFi "yield farming" and other bullshit are not even willing to show their team members. This may lead to a lot of scams before the idiotic-investors actually get a grip of the field.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x