Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 08:53:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin Donations for a TeamSBH- Marathon in honor of my sister.  (Read 1416 times)
Yankee (BitInstant) (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2011, 05:24:48 PM
Last edit: November 24, 2011, 07:45:28 PM by Yankee

Good day everyone and happy Thanksgiving!

About 6 weeks ago my little sister Emily was diagnosed with a very early stage lymphoma cancer. With the help of our family and friends she will be better then ever in a few months!

My other sister has been training to run in a marathon for TeamSBH on February 24 in honor of Emily and to raise money for SBH.
Some more information about SBH is below, but I have been volunteering with them since I was a kid. When Emily was diagnosed SBH were the first ones at my house, comforting my mother and giving us the details we needed to know. They introduced and set up fun days with Emily and other survivors to calm her down as well. SBH has helped us get same day appointments as some of the best doctors in the country and also accompanied my sister to her treatments. They have set up tutors so he schooling dosent fall behind and made sure her teachers got her the work. Someone from SBH is at my house every night, brining candy and support with them. They set up a van to go from Emily's high school a few days a week to shuttle her friends to the house during lunch hours. SBH has been getting volunteers to cook dinner for my family on the days where Emily has been in treatment all day.

I can go on and one but SBH is there for anyone, no questions asked. They provide services for the elderly, sick, poor and anyone who needs help. They have a food pantry, clothing drive and support for gamblers, alcoholics and survivors.

Here is my sisters page http://teamsbh.org/JeanetteShrem
Pictures from last years event http://teamsbh.org/gallery.asp

I'm asking for donations in Bitcoin, any amount helps!
Total so far: 5.0BTC
Donation Address: 1LFcVh9zLojgcVueb3Q7WXgT2NAxfV4Et2

My goal is after the marathon to speak to the board of SBH and explain to them why Bitcoin donations can be a fantastic way to raise money.

Our Mission
Team SBH: brining community members together though a shared sense of athletics and social responsibility.

Our Cause: About SBH
Sephardic Bikur Holim is a non profit mental health and social service agency dedicated to caring for people in need with compassion, discretion, and respect. We provide for the health, sustenance, support, and well-being of children and adults, the infirm and the disadvantaged through an ever-expanding spectrum of services, programs and resources. At Sephardic Bikur Holim, our goal is to invest in families and individuals with strength and self-esteem so that they can rise with dignity to their utmost potential.

Our Team
While maintaining a strong commitment to excellence, our network of devoted volunteers work hand in hand to train, play and solicit sponsors for all events. Working selflessly to address all of SBH clients' needs, Team SBH's athletes are truly champions for charity.

Thank you all!

Charlie

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

More about me: http://CharlieShrem.com

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
elggawf

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 24, 2011, 06:19:12 PM

Good luck with this.

^_^
Yankee (BitInstant) (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2011, 06:24:33 PM

Good luck with this.

Thanks! Ill post pictures after the run

Bitcoin pioneer. An apostle of Satoshi Nakamoto. A crusader for a new, better, tech-driven society. A dreamer.

FlipPro
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1015

View Profile
November 24, 2011, 07:39:26 PM

I donated some coins. I hope others do the same. Good luck with your sister brother, and god bless.
Yankee (BitInstant) (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2011, 07:44:57 PM

I donated some coins. I hope others do the same. Good luck with your sister brother, and god bless.

THANK YOU!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: