Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 10:19:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hash.Green - Solar Powered Mining Pool - [Small to Large Miners Accepted]  (Read 82 times)
W^3 (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 25, 2020, 08:16:32 AM
Last edit: September 25, 2020, 04:45:58 PM by W^3

The idea behind this, was simply to reduce the Carbon footprint left behind, by us miners.  

This is a pool, that is ran with an actual Enterprise grade Firewall, Router and is connected to a Dell R610, that has been updated.  It's configured with 802.3ad LACP, to a 20Gbps Switch, all 6 drives are Samsung SSD'S.

I'm sure we will have growing pains and that's okay.  

That all being said..  all of the equipment is Solar powered, with a Battery bank to support it for 72 hours, without any input from Solar.

Plans to expand this are there, I have a nice steady "tunnel", I have replaced the motor on the wind turbine, with a more efficient, higher output Dynamo motor.

As of right now, Solar/PV Input is 86-92Vdc input to an MPPT Controller. PV is in Series, so the 86-92Vdc input is converted into 55.2Vdc @ 18-22 Amps, in a 48Vdc battery array, with secondary redundancy.  It runs on a 48V Inverter, the server consumes currently on average around 180-200 Watts. 

The Firewall, Router, Switch combined consumes 90 Watts.  On the high end, thus far, that is a total of 290, rounded up to 300 Watt Hours. 

The reserve capacity for the battery array is 480 Ah.  The output to the equipment runs 120V AC, so it's drawing 2.5A from the reserve capacity, so fully charged, the system can run for up to ~192 Hours, or 8 Days.  There is an ATS (Automatic Transfer Switch) backup to the grid with a <10ms delay from the Inverter back to Grid Power.

The Wind Turbine is still a work in progress.  I generally receive around 15-17 mph wind or about ~8 m/s.   I generally receive a steady 250-300 Watts @ 120V AC which is rectified back into DC, which is then ran into a 48Vdc charge controller, which if my math is correct, adds an additional ~6Ah to the battery bank, if wind is blowing, which isn't 100% of the time but I'd say it runs, at least 60% of the time..

Below is a photo of the current Solar/PV Array and the Wind Turbine:

https://i.imgur.com/KLunoYw.jpg

=======

The server and all equipment are on a battery backup with about 8 hours worth of power.  I have personally invested a good deal of money on this.  It was originally a hobby, but I wanted to put it into use, for a cause.  So, why not a Green Mining Pool?! Thus, www.Hash.Green was born. 

The connection is direct Fiber, not a GPON type connection.  I do believe, this server and connection could do very well.  If you'd like, please point your miners over there and give back to our beautiful and wonderful home, we call Earth.  Smiley

Hope to see your miners!!

----

Please definitely let me know what other pools would like to be listed on there..

For now, it's ran on a proportional scale.  Hope others find this as fun as I do!

www.Hash.Green

(Any fees/donations will strictly go to upgrades/maintenance for continued Green Power...)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
mikeywith
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 6367

be constructive or S.T.F.U

View Profile
September 25, 2020, 10:47:26 PM

The idea behind this, was simply to reduce the Carbon footprint left behind, by us miners. 

that is a total of 290, rounded up to 300 Watt Hours. 

If you'd like, please point your miners over there and give back to our beautiful and wonderful home, we call Earth.  Smiley

I don't want to sound mean but how exactly are you going to "reduce the Carbon footprint" and save the "beautiful and wonderful home, we call Earth by reducing a 300w consumption which is 1- unnecessary the well-being of planet earth 2-increases the usage of carbon which is caused by some of the mining activities.

Even if I was to think of this as a significant improvement, it doesn't change a thing, miners moving from a pool that runs on regular power to your solar-based pool reduces the power consumption by exactly 0, it's not like those pools are going to shut down because we moved to your pool.

I am not against "green earth" but I can't see how that is relevant to a pool which makes its money from miners who could be using Coal-burning power plants which makes 65% of the total power energy in China, and given that the majority of miners are in China, it's safe to assume that at least half of them run their miners on Coal-burning power plants, 38% of the world power generation comes from Coal-burning power plants which mean a good portion of the rest of the world's miners also participate in generating carbon dioxide.

My advice, promote your pool by focusing on other factors such as fees and payment method, if it's PPS, do you have any pool reserves? how much is it? non of these essential information exists on your pool's website.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
JayDDee

Activity: 1386
Merit: 220

View Profile
September 27, 2020, 09:29:18 PM

You're only reducing use by one server that can serve thousands of miners, each of which can use
5 times more energy than the server.

Batteries should only be used when absolutely necessary. In your case you can use the grid and
reduce your footprint more.

Seems more like green washing.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: