Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 09:39:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Preventing identity cloning in security  (Read 58 times)
blackbirdbitcoin (OP)

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 26, 2020, 07:09:30 PM

We are constantly being watched an monitored. Hackers are getting more sophisticated, and our identities are getting stolen. We need to take action NOW. If we don't act now, the monsters we created will come after us.

Identity Theft is a major concern in the modern age. With easy access to advanced technologies, replication and impersonation of information is relatively easy.

I strongly believe that the use of Blockchain Technology is the only solution to this problem. Use of Blockchain Technology would help us know how many times information was accessed. Who accessed it and what access privileges they had. This will not only help streamline identity management but also help bring in more transparency and accountability. It will also help preserve privacy.

Businesses are now preferring Blockchain Technology mainly for this very reason. I came across researchers from Denmark who were speaking about Concordium, initially I dismissed them and was quite critical. Later after understanding I think it might not be a bad idea after all.  Concordium’s innovative identity layer provides a compliance-centric balance between anonymity and accountability. They are designed to integrate with current financial and business systems that require knowledge of a user’s identity. And they provide privacy for businesses as well as individuals. So that increases accuracy with who accessed our data and why. If there was an illegal access the person can be tracked and reported to law enforcement. Since every account is linked with a real world ID there is no space for bad actors.

Through the development of unique protocol-level identity primitives, Concordium helps application developers, individuals and businesses build products that comply with local regulations, while retaining the benefits of a privacy-focused, public and permissionless blockchain.

I think this might after all be a solution to fight cloning. When we know our information is private and we can verify it I think theres no need to worry. What do you think? With more scrutiny by governemnts we need to "lawfully protect ourself" without unnecessary harassment from government too.
Dorodha

Activity: 252
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 27, 2020, 04:45:44 AM

Blockchain is really helping a lot in the current era the world is generally trying to keep pace with blockchain technology. A blockchain for use as a distributed laser is usually operated through a peer-to-peer network. Data recorded in a single block can never be altered in a way that affects past transactions. That means the next blocks can't be changed hackers cannot easily steal information.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4228
Merit: 4501

View Profile
September 27, 2020, 09:36:15 AM

i know this topic is just a subtle crapcoin advert

but there is no point even classing it as a useful coin until its actually useful.
so instead of promoting to users how they should invest and put their identity on it and say how securing their identity is important. how about get some actual businesses to adopt if first where they advertise people can 'sign up' to their secure system

crap coins never prosper because they spend all their time just trying to get users to buy crapcoins and not even bother getting business partners to actually adopt the 'service' the crap coin meant to offer

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 1373

View Profile
September 28, 2020, 02:00:22 PM

People who are against identity cloning have it all wrong. They should be looking at the positive side.

Oh, of course, stop the identity thieves. But then let us clone our own identity ourselves, right? If we do it the right way, we can open ourselves up to a bunch of our own persons who can each be liable for whatever we use our own clone for, without being liable ourselves.

There has to be a way for us to do this. Actually, there is. You can even find it on the Internet here and there.

Cool

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/.
Smartvirus
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1124

View Profile
September 28, 2020, 07:23:43 PM

Being hunted by the monters we created! I doubt we did that but then, curtailing the criminal activities of hackers to scammers is a every one and individual job.
From alertness to ensuring a 2FA security system on our accounts where necessary and also watch out for phishing platforms. No doubt the blockchain technology is a solution in disguise to many privacy violations on the web and data storage but, should there be a bridge on a cryptocurrency users account, I don't see the government if that's what you mean by authorities, taking action over a system it's yet to approve or give full support due to it's decentralized nature.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: