Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 03:39:31 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin for Christmas  (Read 868 times)
ryap12

Activity: 700
Merit: 14

View Profile
September 30, 2020, 10:27:28 AM

We are already in "ber" months which it is a sign that we are fast approaching on Christmas day which is on December 25.
I have this on my mind that I'll start to prepare my present or gifts to some of my friends and family.

I want something related to Bitcoin like I will give a present that has related to Bitcoin, like some Angpao on Bitcoins? Paper wallets with Bitcoin inside? Or anything else.
So I am here asking for some opinion of yours, what's your suggestion for a present or gift for our loved ones for this upcoming Christmas?

For me I think FIAT is still better than Bitcoin if the person does not know how it works. Bitcoin as a present only works for those who are enthusiastic about cryptocurrency. They may lose or will be stolen if even you give them Bitcoin since they will not know the importance compared to FIAT hard cash which they can choose on what to do with it and that FIAT is very common.

Other options you can do is to buy them their favorite wants. Ask them for you to know what they really want this Christmas. Christmas is the spirit of giving so give what they want.
Darkelf11

Activity: 509
Merit: 43

View Profile
September 30, 2020, 10:54:26 AM

Well i think it's a good idea for me to receiven or give bitcoin or any kind of crypto currency instead of paper money of cash why? Well as we all know we still facing a pandemic and in the culture of philippines, kids go around to gather money or what we call "Pamamasko". So giving money on form of crypto will be safer and faster but the sad part is that not many people know about this industry specially to use crypto wallet.

It is such a great idea to give money to people using cashless transactions, well, ofcourse we are still in this war against covid-19 and paper money can still be contaminated with the virus. Some of these countries with covid cases starts sterilizing these money for safety. Better be safe than sorry right?

The only problem with cashless transaction in the form of cryptocurrency is not all people are knowledgeable about this and it is prone to hacking especially that Christmas is approaching. Maybe for the meantime you should gift them first the knowledge of cryptocurrency before giving them money that they do not know how to use yet.
worldofcoins

Activity: 1890
Merit: 436

Telegram: @worldofcoinss

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2020, 03:17:58 PM

We are already in "ber" months which it is a sign that we are fast approaching on Christmas day which is on December 25.
I have this on my mind that I'll start to prepare my present or gifts to some of my friends and family.

I want something related to Bitcoin like I will give a present that has related to Bitcoin, like some Angpao on Bitcoins? Paper wallets with Bitcoin inside? Or anything else.
So I am here asking for some opinion of yours, what's your suggestion for a present or gift for our loved ones for this upcoming Christmas?

You should gift them some of your bitcoins as a present. But make sure your're well aware of the bitcoin and using of wallet.
Ask them to keep their private keys safe and secure or they can lose their bitcoins.
Try to convenes them on how to use bitcoin and where to spend. There's still 2 months left you can guide them well until the Christmas.
noorammak

Activity: 490
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 30, 2020, 03:55:18 PM

Good gift but I don't think the person who receives it will keep it for long. Everyone needs money, bitcoin is just a form of currency and people can sell them to spend on their activities. Lips sealed

Ludmilla_rose1995

Activity: 1610
Merit: 162

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
September 30, 2020, 05:04:53 PM

it's a great idea for a Christmas gift. However, you must know the person that he/she has knowledge of bitcoin or cryptocurrency. If the person to whom you gift the bitcoin paper wallet doesn't know how to use it, it won't be of any value to him/her. Maybe you can also give gifts in the form of souvenirs that have a shape or image of bitcoin (such as promoting bitcoin). if he asks, what is bitcoin? you can explain to him/her

lumeire
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1009

Next-Gen Trade Racing Metaverse

View Profile
September 30, 2020, 05:16:09 PM

Good gift but I don't think the person who receives it will keep it for long. Everyone needs money, bitcoin is just a form of currency and people can sell them to spend on their activities. Lips sealed
At least this would encourage people to use bitcoins as they will be receiving bitcoins so whenever they would have to sell the coins for money they will be searching on ways to sell bitcoins for cash or bank balance. I guess this is a nice idea and also have been talked about the same here many times in the past too. But only problem would be that if they won't be having any clue about what bitcoin is, so maybe we would have to teach them about bitcoin too before giving them Bitcoins in any form of gift.

▄▄████████▄▄           ▄▄████████▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄   ▄▄████████████████▄▄
  ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████  ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄
 ▄█████▀            ▀█  ▄█████▀            ▀█████▄
▄█████▀                ▄█████▀    ▄▄        ▀█████▄
█████▌                 █████▌     ████▄▄     ▐█████
█████▌                 █████▌     ████▀▀     ▐█████
▀█████▄      ▄▄▄      █████▀      ▀▀        ▄█████▀
 ▀█████▄▄   █████    █████▀  █▄            ▄█████▀
  ▀██████████████ ██████▀▀  █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀▀███████████ ████▀    ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀███████ ▀▀           ▀▀████████▀▀
            ▀███▀
|
..NEXT-GEN TRADE RACING METAVERSE..
|   WEBSITE   |   TELEGRAM   |   TWITTER   |   MEDIUM   |
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
ChiBitCTy
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 3032

View Profile
September 30, 2020, 06:59:21 PM

You should visit the collectibles section and look at some of the more affordable coins/poker chips that are "loaded" with bitcoin and give those out.  They certainly make for great stocking stuffers.  I would recommend looking at like Satori chips, which are super popular and affordable and carry .001BTC on each or maybe take a look at Alpen coins which have I believe it's .0005BTC loaded on each and are roughly $15 per coin are so.  There's also other cool stuff you kind find there such as art.  Worth checking out anyhow. 

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
imstillthebest

Activity: 1638
Merit: 122

View Profile
September 30, 2020, 07:27:28 PM

At least this would encourage people to use bitcoins as they will be receiving bitcoins so whenever they would have to sell the coins for money they will be searching on ways to sell bitcoins for cash or bank balance. I guess this is a nice idea and also have been talked about the same here many times in the past too. But only problem would be that if they won't be having any clue about what bitcoin is, so maybe we would have to teach them about bitcoin too before giving them Bitcoins in any form of gift.
this is the problem . what if they dont know btc ? they cant recieve the coin if they dont have a btc wallet and what we  are planning is gifting and gifts must be a secret , telling them to install a btc wallet can spoil the plan . i know , we can hand them physical btc gifts instead  .  dont teach them but let them search for the answer if how can they open the wallet with btc inside because that is more exciting .

@noorammak , better if they spend it than keep it because btc is a currency  but if this was a gift , people will appreciate it and will keep it for a while .
kayvie

Activity: 1022
Merit: 257

View Profile
September 30, 2020, 08:16:34 PM

There's a lot of things you can give as a gift to your friends like bitcoin coin or any crypto coin, bitcoin shirts like I give before to some of my friends. But the only problem you have is if they are interested or know anything about bitcoin. I have encountered before, they don't know anything about it, and they just set aside my gift in the long run.
jrrsparkles

Activity: 2436
Merit: 272

View Profile
September 30, 2020, 08:32:25 PM

Giving a hardware wallet is also a good idea for someone who are already in the crypto related things but yet to have a hardware wallet for their storage purpose.For someone who have zero knowledge about cryptos then just give them any product which has bitcoin logo or wordings related to Bitcoin.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
MShow

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 30, 2020, 09:07:05 PM

There's a lot of things you can give as a gift to your friends like bitcoin coin or any crypto coin, bitcoin shirts like I give before to some of my friends. But the only problem you have is if they are interested or know anything about bitcoin. I have encountered before, they don't know anything about it, and they just set aside my gift in the long run.
Before giving a gift, you should ask a person what he thinks about bitokin in general. Giving a person bitcoin and not knowing his attitude is not very rational. Many people may not really know about it or not perceive it, and this will not be a very good sign of attention for them and a loss for you.
leway.ph

Activity: 23
Merit: 3

View Profile
October 01, 2020, 07:07:52 AM

You should enlighten them first on what and how your gift works because they can use it in wrong way. But you have plenty of time before December 25, you can show them how thing works with bitcoin or any crypto you love to give to them, then from there you can figure out if he or she is into crypto, if he is interested or you just waste money for that.
Ezmael Wright

Activity: 191

View Profile
October 01, 2020, 07:25:27 AM

Yeah, I used bitcoin but not all the time. Because here in philippines this is not totally in used. And many people here don't know how to use it. So I gift someone I love (family/friends) a thing that can they use it.
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
October 01, 2020, 07:46:47 AM

i only have limited friends that knows about Bitcoin so i think i have to spend a little budget for them.
Like giving them a Artworks for displays,I have friends that is great in sculpting so i think i will hire him to make something for my friends.
this is how i make them important just because of the special day like Christmas .
Yeah, I used bitcoin but not all the time. Because here in philippines this is not totally in used. And many people here don't know how to use it. So I gift someone I love (family/friends) a thing that can they use it.
well they can have knowledge if you teach them so they can use the Bitcoin you have to give.
Nellayar

Activity: 868
Merit: 185

Roobet supporter and player!

View Profile
October 01, 2020, 12:55:29 PM

Ampao using coins.ph is the only way I know how can we send gifts in our loved ones. In fact, I used it a day ago when I treated my niece because it was his birthday. I sent him an ampao because I have earnings in cryptocurrency for the last few months. This was the first time also to use bitcoin as a gift. Well, I think it is the best way to send gifts using bitcoin. You can also buy in Lazada or Shoppee because I knew that you are Filipino user also. Buy some gifts in lazada using bitcoin. A lot of things you can do with your bitcoin, just convert it in other e-wallets. Another thing, you can buy a souvenir such as bitcoin gold coin or other cryptocurrency which will be remembered by your loved ones.

Xembin

Activity: 84
Merit: 3

View Profile
October 01, 2020, 01:28:01 PM

Yes, we are fast approaching Christmas but giving a bitcoin gift to friends which they know nothing about is like wasting of resources. I think what they need first is the bitcoin orientation, how to make use of the Bitcoin during the celebration and how to use them to feed and do other business in the society before giving them the bitcoin gifts.
noorammak

Activity: 490
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 01, 2020, 01:55:47 PM

Sounds good, we are legally and positive for bitcoin. They get bitcoin and they will be curious about bitcoin. They feel responsible for the donated money and they will learn about bitcoin. Some will stay with bitcoin and buy more bitcoins, but maybe not by much.

boyptc

Activity: 3038
Merit: 681

View Profile
October 01, 2020, 01:57:18 PM

We're just three months away until Christmas day.

@OP. Do you have now come up to an idea what kind of bitcoin-related or inspired gift you're going to have that came from the suggestions of everybody?
Reatim

Activity: 2870
Merit: 363

View Profile
October 01, 2020, 02:29:41 PM

I have limited Budget now because of the effect of covid19 so i will pass giving gift this Christmas ,i will Greet them with heart and that is enough for now.

but we don't know if Bull comes early before December comes then i will consider converting my Assets here so i can purchase gift in xmass time.
but for now?have no plan at all.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
CasherUp

Activity: 20

View Profile
October 27, 2020, 03:29:22 PM

I recommend you friend is that you go to a place with the person to whom you are going to give the gift and buy something using cryptocurrency and talk a little about its usability
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: