Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 03:06:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: cant find a right wallet to store etc (mining) !!  (Read 102 times)
Raisondetre (OP)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 27, 2020, 08:51:54 PM

iam newbie in mining ,im mining etherium for a while and want to switch to mining  etc, have got etherwallet for etherium  but cant find the etc node to change to etc wallet ,which wallet  do you guys to use for etc mining to store etc . is it safe to do to add binance etc address ?i searched cant find any info about that I will be glad if you help me 
Eyedol-X

Activity: 952
Merit: 508

View Profile
September 27, 2020, 08:53:30 PM

iam newbie in mining ,im mining etherium for a while and want to switch to mining  etc, have got etherwallet for etherium  but cant find the etc node to change to etc wallet ,which wallet  do you guys to use for etc mining to store etc . is it safe to do to add binance etc address ?i searched cant find any info about that I will be glad if you help me  

Coinomi Android Wallet supports ETC - https://www.coinomi.com/downloads/

I would not store any crypto on any exchange address unless you're actively trading with it. If it's your wallet for safe keeping, don't keep it on any exchange.
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1718

View Profile
September 27, 2020, 09:54:32 PM

Keep in mind that ETC recently had 51% attacks and many exchanges have disabled deposits. Hence there is a reason why the profitability is better because its more riskier to mine.

Since its the same fork as ETH you can use any  ETH desktop wallet as long as you got the private key for that wallet. It will work on the ETC network also. Just do a small transaction writing a raw transaction and make sure it works... it should.

If you want to mine to an exchange... use Coinbase but keep in mind the confirmation time is like 2 weeks. Hence you just need to use your own wallet.
JayDDee

Activity: 1397
Merit: 221

View Profile
September 27, 2020, 10:32:08 PM

Unless you plan on holding ETC just mine in an auto-exchange pool.

Stanlo

Activity: 952
Merit: 110

View Profile
September 29, 2020, 06:07:32 PM

iam newbie in mining ,im mining etherium for a while and want to switch to mining  etc, have got etherwallet for etherium  but cant find the etc node to change to etc wallet ,which wallet  do you guys to use for etc mining to store etc . is it safe to do to add binance etc address ?i searched cant find any info about that I will be glad if you help me 
You are talking about Ethereum Classic wallet right? You need to get your hand on Coinomi wallet, it supports ETC, do not worry about the 51% thing, you can sell on high exchanges like binance, deposit and withdrawal is always open or you can switch your miner to nicehash, on nicehash miner you will mine ETC but get paid in Bitcoin, this solves the hassle.
Raisondetre (OP)

View Profile
September 30, 2020, 08:52:58 AM
Last edit: September 30, 2020, 09:43:02 AM by Raisondetre

iam newbie in mining ,im mining etherium for a while and want to switch to mining  etc, have got etherwallet for etherium  but cant find the etc node to change to etc wallet ,which wallet  do you guys to use for etc mining to store etc . is it safe to do to add binance etc address ?i searched cant find any info about that I will be glad if you help me  

Coinomi Android Wallet supports ETC - https://www.coinomi.com/downloads/

I would not store any crypto on any exchange address unless you're actively trading with it. If it's your wallet for safe keeping, don't keep it on any exchange.

thanks for answer mate ,yep i downloaded  coinomi it looks fine
Raisondetre (OP)

View Profile
September 30, 2020, 09:42:43 AM

Keep in mind that ETC recently had 51% attacks and many exchanges have disabled deposits. Hence there is a reason why the profitability is better because its more riskier to mine.

Since its the same fork as ETH you can use any  ETH desktop wallet as long as you got the private key for that wallet. It will work on the ETC network also. Just do a small transaction writing a raw transaction and make sure it works... it should.

If you want to mine to an exchange... use Coinbase but keep in mind the confirmation time is like 2 weeks. Hence you just need to use your own wallet.

thanks for answer mate
i cant do a transaction with etc to test it because its closed to deposit and withdrawals ,i treshold my etc to 0,1 in ethermine i reach out but no payout yet ,why because the  etc  fork ? when can i get the payout from ethermine ?
miner29

Activity: 1264
Merit: 138

View Profile
September 30, 2020, 04:14:46 PM

thanks for answer mate
i cant do a transaction with etc to test it because its closed to deposit and withdrawals ,i treshold my etc to 0,1 in ethermine i reach out but no payout yet ,why because the  etc  fork ? when can i get the payout from ethermine ?

Well it says on the ethermine.org website " On the 1st and 6th of August ETC suffered a 51% attack. Consequently, the amount of confirmed blocks required for payouts has been set to 80 000. "   
.... 80,000 confirmations.  ETC is currently about 13 seconds per block (confirmation) so about 12~13 days you will get paid.  Looks like the minimum is very small on payout but will be once a day for the smaller amounts. So if you mined to Coinbase (or just about any exchange) then it would be almost a month before you could access your coins.  2 weeks ethermine to pay...and 2 weeks for CB to unfreeze once deposited. 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: