Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 07:04:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Newbie's guide to avoid ICO Scam  (Read 649 times)
xOdiumNostrumx

Activity: 1064
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 10, 2020, 08:55:23 AM

Some solid tips in the first post, that is for sure. I tend to gravitate towards being especially careful when it comes to the "team" section on the websites. If they provide their real pictures, their LinkedIn profiles in which it is stated that they are indeed linked to the projects etc. If there are no red flags there, there is a much smaller change they will pull a blatant scam as that would maybe reflect on them in their personal life as well.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Zeronic

Activity: 243
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 10, 2020, 09:20:52 AM

Many ICO have a good appearance only in the surface. Be careful and keep seeing their performance too in their project, especially in their website. See what is their goals, is it realistic or not and you should do some research before investing in their team.

●   John McAfee Supports   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  Advertising Platform  ❱❱❱❱❱❱   
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  YOUC  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
ropyu1978

Activity: 1904
Merit: 510

View Profile
October 10, 2020, 09:53:55 AM

Many ICO have a good appearance only in the surface. Be careful and keep seeing their performance too in their project, especially in their website. See what is their goals, is it realistic or not and you should do some research before investing in their team.
Many developer use fake team, fake profile picture on their website to make investor interested, I know some project who use fake document and looks really true to make investor more interested with their ICO coin. I think how to get profitable with ICO investment is waiting how road map are clearly when publishing and how long ICO coin sale running until listing on exchange market. Will have new ICO make schedule when listing and which one market become destination for listing their coin. When you get an ICO project not clearly how long time for selling running better left and join other ICO project.
ekeh

Activity: 278
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 10, 2020, 11:36:56 AM

Thanks for sharing the information, with this little contribution we help on long way to invest on Initial Coin Offering (ICO) in cryptocurrency community, hence it requires to make a research before making any investment to avoid scam project.
motun01

Activity: 431
Merit: 18

View Profile
November 20, 2020, 11:27:09 PM

not all ICO projects are scam for there are others too that are doing good and on the off chance that you are a bounty tracker they will pay good also. Anyway, what matter here is that one can evade scam. There are defi projects likewise that could be doing good however until further notice I am attempting to check if this defi projects are simply publicity or something.

chanler

Activity: 753
Merit: 15

mulierum.com

View Profile
November 20, 2020, 11:35:06 PM

Unrealistic goals
Whitepaper
Team
I think these are something fundamental to analyze once you want to review before joining a crypto project. But if you make it simpler, all of them are only about the whitepaper. Well, it is true that we need to analyze deeply the project through the whitepaper. If everything looks okay, then why not join? But if you find something strange or suspicious, kindly forget it. It's too risky.

M U L I E R U M       |       Next Generation Blockchain-Powered Payment Platform For Social Media
//////////////////////////////////     TOKEN SALE     //     L  I  V  E     //////////////////////////////////
[  Telegram  ]     [    Twitter    ]     [   Medium   ]     [  LinkedIn  ]     [   Discord   ]     [  YouTube  ]
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6]  All
  Print  

Jump to: