Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 04:19:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: MASS and its blockchain consensus engine  (Read 320 times)
MineHunter12 (OP)

Activity: 44
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 01, 2020, 04:07:00 PM

I was going through this article Brief summary of MASS: a new blockchain consensus engine. MASS is utlizing PoC consensus algorithm and this consensus algorithm has so much to offer, probably thats the reason why MASS token is doing good even in current bearish market.

MASS believes that a more advanced consensus algorithm is the solution to promote the mass adoption of blockchain technology and realizing the vision of network decentralization. A consensus algorithm that is more democratic, fair, energy-efficient, safe, highly scalable and universal. Based on this vision, the MASS community has developed the MASS proof-of-capacity consensus protocol.

The MASS proof-of-capacity consensus protocol has many advantages; there are low barriers of entry, and it’s permissionless, with a 51% Byzantine fault tolerance, natural decentralization, and parallel support for multiple blockchains.

SOURCE

One can see price of MASS on following Exchanges.

https://www.mxc.com/trade/easy#MASS_USDT

https://www.hotbit.io/exchange?symbol=MASS_USDT

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Toobusy

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 02, 2020, 06:26:35 PM

I read about this project at few places and there are mostly positive feed back about this project. The speed of PoC consensus algo is much faster then other consensus algo. In case of MASS, there is a new block produced every 45 seconds, and the throughput has reached 200 TPS.
Lorokan

Activity: 421
Merit: 47

View Profile
October 02, 2020, 07:22:20 PM

Well, from the few months i have followed mass, it is a very good project; and its mining system is atleast 50% valuable and worth it; but it does not get the hypes it deserves; hence the price has always been low range just like ripple. The most it has progressed in price has been from 0.3$ to 0.45$; its not the best investment choice on the long run.

I implore you to do the best of research duties; and also ensure to invest right.
MineHunter12 (OP)

View Profile
October 03, 2020, 05:49:56 PM

Well, from the few months i have followed mass, it is a very good project; and its mining system is atleast 50% valuable and worth it; but it does not get the hypes it deserves; hence the price has always been low range just like ripple. The most it has progressed in price has been from 0.3$ to 0.45$; its not the best investment choice on the long run.

I implore you to do the best of research duties; and also ensure to invest right.

AFAIK its ATH was 0.7 USD. Even current price of 0.3$ is much better then many other altcoins. Due to its high price on exchnage its mining complexity has increased also. I wish I can go back in time and mine MASS when it was not on exchnage and complexity was too low.
MASS is taking its time and soon it will be a top hit.
EMV

Activity: 183
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 03, 2020, 06:30:58 PM

Do you think that coins should give x1000 right away? The project is only expected to list the token on good exchanges, this is a start-up project that is gaining momentum. It has a great value for investors.

●   John McAfee Supports   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  Advertising Platform  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  YOUC  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
Bigerio

Activity: 46

View Profile
October 04, 2020, 06:06:35 PM

Do you think that coins should give x1000 right away? The project is only expected to list the token on good exchanges, this is a start-up project that is gaining momentum. It has a great value for investors.

If you compare MASS start on exchnage with other tokens then you can clearly see that MASS price is much better then what others have achieved in its early days. MASS definatly has way more to go.
Igor17Krik

Activity: 518
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 04, 2020, 10:01:45 PM

I think this is a great project. Now I mine this coin and get 0.4 MASS coins from terabyte memory. Blockchain is very young and evolving. I think it has a great price now!

▀     ▀       Platform for Cross Chain Fundraising      [   P r ⦿ s t a r t e r .   ]           Invest today. Live tomorrow.       ▀     ▀
▀     ▀            Whitepaper  |  Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Telegram Group  |  Telegram Ann  |  Medium  |  Youtube  |            ▀     ▀
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬   Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE   ▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
pinko5

Activity: 46

View Profile
October 05, 2020, 05:12:36 PM

I think this is a great project. Now I mine this coin and get 0.4 MASS coins from terabyte memory. Blockchain is very young and evolving. I think it has a great price now!

I think if you mine MASS before its enlistment on exchanges then your reward will be fairly high. I am buying MASS on dips since I firmly believe that it will go up n days to come.
ChinkoCharlie

Activity: 41

View Profile
October 06, 2020, 05:53:05 PM

PoW is getting too much centralized and there is a need for decentralized consensus. PoC is good alternative for those who wanna mine token. With PoC you only need to show your storage capacity and there is no need to burn too much electricity.
mqpa73

Activity: 30
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 08, 2020, 05:54:31 PM

I was going through this article Brief summary of MASS: a new blockchain consensus engine. MASS is utlizing PoC consensus algorithm and this consensus algorithm has so much to offer, probably thats the reason why MASS token is doing good even in current bearish market.

MASS believes that a more advanced consensus algorithm is the solution to promote the mass adoption of blockchain technology and realizing the vision of network decentralization. A consensus algorithm that is more democratic, fair, energy-efficient, safe, highly scalable and universal. Based on this vision, the MASS community has developed the MASS proof-of-capacity consensus protocol.

The MASS proof-of-capacity consensus protocol has many advantages; there are low barriers of entry, and it’s permissionless, with a 51% Byzantine fault tolerance, natural decentralization, and parallel support for multiple blockchains.

SOURCE

I have read this article, its a good read I would say. MASS has delivered what they promised in there whitepaper and that's the reason why its so successful.
ChrisPop
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1033

Not your Keys, Not your Bitcoins

View Profile
October 08, 2020, 06:06:28 PM

I see a lot of newbie accounts giving positive feedback. I would like to hear the thoughts of a more experienced bitcointalk user to be honest.

Is there a mining calculator available for MASS? Let's say I start mining with 1TB. How many MASS coins would that bring me per day, week, month, etc.?
Note: I'm not interested just in the profitability, but that's a way to make me dig more into the project. Wink
philanthropist67

Activity: 52
Merit: 32

View Profile
October 09, 2020, 06:09:14 PM

I see a lot of newbie accounts giving positive feedback. I would like to hear the thoughts of a more experienced bitcointalk user to be honest.

Is there a mining calculator available for MASS? Let's say I start mining with 1TB. How many MASS coins would that bring me per day, week, month, etc.?
Note: I'm not interested just in the profitability, but that's a way to make me dig more into the project. Wink

You may read this reply to get an idea of how much reward you get againest your staked HDD https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5230593.msg55154105#msg55154105

You may follow this if you wanna start mining MASS https://docs.massnet.org/en/getting-started/how-to-run-a-mainnet-wallet-node/
SamaBB

View Profile
October 12, 2020, 06:32:13 PM

Crypto is largely moving towards centralization which is not what satoshi thought about it. I like coins like MASS mainly because they are free from manipulation and purely decentralized. Just wait for few more years and you will see MASS going up.
Wenbing

Activity: 490
Merit: 31

There is gold in volatility..

View Profile
October 12, 2020, 07:30:44 PM

SOURCE

This article reminds me of this 'every technology we see today is subject to innovation and disruption. The MASS consensus engine called PoC is obviously superior than the bitcoin Pow consusus algorithm.

However, PoW has been in use for a long time, PoC is yet to be popular. As such we cannot conclude which is superior yet.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
SamaBB

View Profile
October 13, 2020, 06:10:33 PM

SOURCE

This article reminds me of this 'every technology we see today is subject to innovation and disruption. The MASS consensus engine called PoC is obviously superior than the bitcoin Pow consusus algorithm.

However, PoW has been in use for a long time, PoC is yet to be popular. As such we cannot conclude which is superior yet.

Of-course PoW is more superior then PoC because it was introduced by Satoshi and is backbone of BTC.
PoC on the other is good for new comers who missed the opportunity to mine BTC. PoC backed coins are easy to mine on laptops and MASS is doing good on exchanges. So there is a reason to buy or mine PoC Coins.
AntChe

Activity: 40

View Profile
October 17, 2020, 07:00:53 PM

SOURCE

Of-course PoW is more superior then PoC because it was introduced by Satoshi and is backbone of BTC.
PoC on the other is good for new comers who missed the opportunity to mine BTC. PoC backed coins are easy to mine on laptops and MASS is doing good on exchanges. So there is a reason to buy or mine PoC Coins.

PoW backed BTC has market cap of over 200 billion usd. We cant compare MASS with BTC in anyway.
MASS has its own benefits that are different from BTC. Nonetheless MASS is a good investment for those who have time to study the project.
pritchathenexttrader

Activity: 114

View Profile
October 18, 2020, 05:34:58 PM

Can someone share details of how much is reward for mining MASS with 2TB HDD. I have 2TB HDD and wanna mine MASS on it. Need to know how much can I earn?
MineHunter12 (OP)

View Profile
October 21, 2020, 05:27:58 PM

There are mixed opinion about MASS so far in this thread, majority so far in favor of this coin. Currently PoW is ruling crypto market and seems like it will rule the market in years to come. But algorithms like PoC are good choice for people who just joined the crypto market and don't have enough money to mine BTC.
graygelato

Activity: 125

View Profile
October 24, 2020, 05:35:39 PM

What else this coin offers other then you can mine it using your hard disk? Alt coins need to solve some real world issues if they want main stream adoption.
MineHunter12 (OP)

View Profile
October 26, 2020, 06:28:05 PM

What else this coin offers other then you can mine it using your hard disk? Alt coins need to solve some real world issues if they want main stream adoption.

MASS blockchain can handle multiple instances of different blockchains. In simple words like Eth, MASS can also hosts other applications on its blockchain.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: