Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 07:05:32 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: United States CFTC Charges BitMEX Owners!  (Read 598 times)
Karartma1
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1422

View Profile
October 18, 2020, 05:20:38 PM

Interesting discussion and since we derailed it a bit but for a good reason below I share an article about a possible scenario regarding a possible Tether collapse
https://cryptonews.com/exclusives/imagine-regulators-shutting-tether-down-what-happens-to-bitc-8025.htm
bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1454

View Profile
October 29, 2020, 05:19:55 AM

What if this is being hold as a controlled bomb against the inevitable bitcoin price rise?
It's difficult to say what will happen when USDT does finally implode. Obviously there is an awful lot of fake USDT being printed out of thin air, which has been used to pump the market at various times for the benefit of iFinex/Bitfinex/Tether. The Leibowitz v iFinex Inc. case spells it out pretty well: https://www.classaction.org/media/leibowitz-et-al-v-ifinex-inc-et-al.pdf. So when USDT collapses, all that artificial pumping will disappear and a lot of people will lose a lot of money, which could obviously lead to bitcoin's price falling. However, prior to the complete collapse of USDT, there will be millions of users trying to offload 16 billion USDT in to other assets, the majority of which will be bitcoin. It will be a volatile time, that's for sure, but just like every other hack or scam it won't kill or irreversibly damage bitcoin. I think it would be better for it to happen sooner rather than later.

I disagree. I speculate that exchanges might be ordered immediately to stop accepting Tether deposits, withdrawals and trades by regulators.

Also, if everyone was given time to offload Tether to hold bitcoin before taken down, I reckon that everyone in the cryptospace might also be at risk because we hold cryptocoins without the liquidity that supports its markets.

In any case, what are the news updates on Bitmex? The website is still working. I speculate a settlement.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
figmentofmyass
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1483

View Profile
October 29, 2020, 07:46:50 PM

I disagree. I speculate that exchanges might be ordered immediately to stop accepting Tether deposits, withdrawals and trades by regulators.

wanna bet? i'm game. Tongue

when have you ever seen regulators across the globe make a unified order for crypto exchanges to de-list a cryptocurrency? even if that kind of insanity ever happened, it wouldn't happen fast enough to stop USDT holders from unwinding their exposure after a seizure. the panic buying would happen very fast IMO.

In any case, what are the news updates on Bitmex? The website is still working. I speculate a settlement.

me too. they're probably gonna pass all user data on to the feds as part of a settlement. that's always been their bargaining chip of last resort.

bbc.reporter
Legendary

View Profile
October 30, 2020, 12:18:06 AM

@figmentofmyass. What would occur if the NYAG won their case against iFinex, Bitfinex, Tether and had legal right to freeze all their bank accounts then ordered them to stop the issuance and the use of Tether?

Would exchanges continue to take the risk?

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
bbc.reporter
Legendary

View Profile
November 18, 2020, 04:58:02 AM

News update.

New lawsuits. Where is Arthur Hayes?

It appears that some speculations made on cryptospace exchanges as part of a global money laundering ring might be true.

I speculate another series of investigations and takedowns on Chinese and Eastern European exchanges. This time coordinated between different government task forces.

Beleaguered crypto derivatives exchange BitMEX and its founders are facing yet another lawsuit that alleges racketeering, money laundering, and market manipulation.

Păun Gabriel-Razvan, a resident of Bucuresti, Romania, filed the lawsuit in the Northern District Court of California on Friday. He alleges that HDR Global Trading Limited, the operator of BitMEX, the exchange's founders Arthur Hayes, Ben Delo, and Samuel Reed and others, engaged in and facilitated racketeering activities, "earning Defendants billions of dollars in illicit profits."

The complaint comes one month after a similar lawsuit was filed against BitMEX and founders by plaintiff Dmitry Dolgov, a resident of Moscow, Russia. Both Dolgov and Gabriel-Razvan are represented by the same attorney — Pavel Pogodin of Consensus Law.

Source https://www.theblockcrypto.com/post/84842/bitmex-yet-another-lawsuit-alleging-market-manipulation

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Karartma1
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1422

View Profile
November 18, 2020, 08:29:41 AM

Now, that's some stimulating news. Exchanges and third-parties have always been the biggest single-point-of-failure of the vast crypto environment. I don't want to name which exchanges I believe could soon be in trouble, but by doing some research it can easily be understood which are the next in line.
The bitcoin game is becoming way too big Roll Eyes
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: