Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 10:48:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Comparisons Between Electric Automobiles and Gasoline Automobiles  (Read 83 times)
laycon (OP)

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 03, 2020, 11:59:10 AM

Electric automobiles/vehicles (EV) are vehicles powered by charges stored in battery packs. Even though, production of EV is still at the infancy stage, it is estimated that 3.1m electric vehicles will be on the road in few years to this time.
While on the other hand, the gasoline vehicles are powered by spark-ignited internal combustion engine and this constitutes about 98.5% of automobiles on road. My comparisons between these cartegories of vehicles will be based on the factors listed below.
1. Cost Implication/maintenance: It is generally believed that EVs are less frequently maintained and cost friendly compared to gasoline vehicles.
2. Road Effectiveness: Gasoline vehicles are ahead in this regard, they could cover a longer road distance compared to EVs.
3. Environmental Friendly: Electronic vehicles are environmental Friendly compared to gasoline vehicles. The absence of spark ignited internal combustion engine in EVs makes it more suitable for the environment, less greenhouse gases that could cause air pollution is generated into the atmosphere, making air safe for humans. This can not be said of gasoline vehicles.
These are my few comparisons.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
semobo

Activity: 1498
Merit: 146

View Profile
October 03, 2020, 02:33:52 PM

Electric cars are expensive compared to the normal fuel car but this is like one time investment so they can save lot of their money which will be used to fill their tank weekly or daily.But about the comfort of driving most of the EV is not really better only few of them are great and all others are just for the name but doesn't give real comfort while driving it.
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 2456

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2020, 03:08:57 PM

Electric cars just export pollution out of the cities and into the countryside. Horizontally opposed diesel engines are the best solution in the medium term.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
claire_lovely

Activity: 42
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2020, 08:05:37 AM

I think that cleaner gasoline and diesel engines will be much more effective for reducing emmissions and remaining within affordable price range.

There are many new upcoming developments for engines:
https://www.caranddriver.com/features/columns/a25224238/achates-opposed-piston-engine/

KYC Free betting on Stake. (https://stake.com/?c=447e669764)
Discord: Claire Lovely#4135 | Always buying BTC
Artemis3
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1563

CLEAN non GPL infringing code made in Rust lang

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2020, 08:21:51 AM

Not this idiocy again... You are not "exporting" pollution, because unlike ICE, not all power comes from burning fossil fuel or coal.

ICE vehicles are on the way of extinction, including diesel. This is like comparing a CRT vs a LED screen. As i mentioned before, the cost of manufacturing an ICE vehicle is many times higher, the only reason "some" EV cost more is because of scale in mass production, and the world is ramping EV production now that has been sufficiently demonstrated that they are the way to go.

Not hybrids, not combustion of any kind, those are barbaric antiques that require several times more complexity, maintenance and parts, are far more pollutant than EVs will ever be. And if the EVs were not very low impact already, the likes of Elon Musk are making them even better, his new batteries are even more environmentally friendly to manufacture and reprocess. The entire world will use them.

Reason to use a polluting gas guzzler? none. Distance is not a problem when you can just charge your car on any parking spot. No parking spot should lack a power plug. At the same time, ALL gas stations will disappear; and you know what normal people don't have in their homes? That's right, a gasoline tank. Your EV may at worst take longer to charge if you go to random place and all they got is a measly 120v plug.

Logically people will just install proper power in their garage / parking spot. At least 240v which is the standard for American homes.

You'll never have the anxiety in the morning of needing to quickly take the car to a gas station because it was left nearly empty last night. Park and plug is what everyone will do; you'll even recover the time you currently waste dealing with gas stations. Or for winters, that the car needs to warm up. Norway is one of those countries were Tesla's have been a huge hit, people there love them. Canada and other wintery places (Russia?) probably as well.

██████
███████
███████
████████
BRAIINS OS+|AUTOTUNING
MINING FIRMWARE
|
Increase hashrate on your Bitcoin ASICs,
improve efficiency as much as 25%, and
get 0% pool fees on Braiins Pool
peter0425

Activity: 2646
Merit: 445

View Profile
October 04, 2020, 10:56:51 AM

2. Road Effectiveness: Gasoline vehicles are ahead in this regard, they could cover a longer road distance compared to EVs.
well i don't think this could be an issue because at least like mobile phones,we can bring another battery so when the one gets out of charge we can replace one to continue running like what gasoline auto did by refueling .
3. Environmental Friendly: Electronic vehicles are environmental Friendly compared to gasoline vehicles. The absence of spark ignited internal combustion engine in EVs makes it more suitable for the environment, less greenhouse gases that could cause air pollution is generated into the atmosphere, making air safe for humans. This can not be said of gasoline vehicles.
These are my few comparisons.

i agree with that,being environmental friendly is why the government and the world are pushing EV to be on the road than the other one.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
boyptc

Activity: 2996
Merit: 678

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
October 05, 2020, 12:14:42 AM

Both still have their pros and cons.

Electric vehicles could be the more type of saving car but in diesel typed engines, they can be usually everywhere.

If there will be an upgrade fo EVs that they can be used for almost all types of roads, its increase in the road is unstoppable.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
semobo

Activity: 1498
Merit: 146

View Profile
October 07, 2020, 11:07:24 AM

well i don't think this could be an issue because at least like mobile phones,we can bring another battery so when the one gets out of charge we can replace one to continue running like what gasoline auto did by refueling .
It is not possible though because the power required to run the motor on car is huge so the battery requirement is also huge which is almost weigh same as our engine then only it can produce enough power to run the vehicle so it is like bringing another standby engine while driving a car. But more effective batteries can be solution but if we have more charging station there is no issue at all it will take 45 mins of charge for a very long drive.
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4298
Merit: 3214

View Profile
October 07, 2020, 11:30:25 PM

1. Cost Implication/maintenance: It is generally believed that EVs are less frequently maintained and cost friendly compared to gasoline vehicles.

As a long-time owner of an electric vehicle, I can confirm that maintenance costs are extremely low. For me, the only maintenance has been replacing filters and tires every few years and replacing a broken door handle and electronics module.

While gasoline cars have a much longer range, this additional range is not necessary for electric vehicles. Most people never drive their car more than 200 km in a day.

That is a misconception. The electricity that powers electric cars is generated mostly by burning fossil fuels, though the amount of fossil fuels used to generate electricity is dropping. Regardless, electric vehicles are better than gasoline vehicles, even if their power ultimately comes from fossil fuels, because they are much more efficient.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
eXPHorizon

Activity: 1176
Merit: 132

Precision Beats Power and Timing Beats Speed.

View Profile
October 07, 2020, 11:34:36 PM
Last edit: October 07, 2020, 11:48:58 PM by eXPHorizon

Lets put this into perspective : A Normal Gas Powered Car gobbles up air in 30 seconds that a Human can use for several weeks. Electric one - 0.00001%

And that is just 1 Car

A Leader does not watch on safely from the rear.
Twinkledoe

Activity: 1904
Merit: 138

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
October 07, 2020, 11:50:14 PM

As a long-time owner of an electric vehicle, I can confirm that maintenance costs are extremely low. For me, the only maintenance has been replacing filters and tires every few years and replacing a broken door handle and electronics module.

While gasoline cars have a much longer range, this additional range is not necessary for electric vehicles. Most people never drive their car more than 200 km in a day.

That is a misconception. The electricity that powers electric cars is generated mostly by burning fossil fuels, though the amount of fossil fuels used to generate electricity is dropping. Regardless, electric vehicles are better than gasoline vehicles, even if their power ultimately comes from fossil fuels, because they are much more efficient.

Great to hear from actual user of an electric vehicle. I am also planning to own one maybe few years from now as I can't afford to buy one at the moment. But that is one of my goals in the next 5 years. May I ask, how are you charging your vehicle? Do you have one at home or are you going to charging stations?
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4298
Merit: 3214

View Profile
October 08, 2020, 01:50:08 AM

Great to hear from actual user of an electric vehicle. I am also planning to own one maybe few years from now as I can't afford to buy one at the moment. But that is one of my goals in the next 5 years. May I ask, how are you charging your vehicle? Do you have one at home or are you going to charging stations?

I charge at home.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: