Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 01:53:08 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Using blockchain to curb corruption  (Read 50 times)
blockchainponzi (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 04, 2020, 01:37:39 AM

We have been dreaming a perfect world, and its fair enough, mainly because there is so much imperfection filled in this world. Imperfections are fine as long as it does not affect the world in being a fair and just place. We all know that blockchain promises tamper-proof recording systems which cannot be modified by anybody. It becomes extremely difficult to modify any data that goes onto the blockchain unless the blockchain itself is controlled by manipulative entities.

I often think and ask questions to myself, cant we just plug all the corruption in the world if we implement blockchain for all government entities?

I remember World Economic Forum mentioning that scalability is a problem for large scale adoption at a governmental level. I see new scaling solutions that are already coming up and now we even have regulatory compliant blockchains like Concordium( which claims to be the world's first regulatory compliant blockchain ) so the blockchains can be designed so that it is compliant with the local laws. Blockchain would be the single most effective tool to curb corruption.

Securing Identities, tracking fund flow, registering assets and procuring contracts can all be done on blockchain and would even save so much extra work and hassles. Governments are supposed to be, "By the people, of the people, for the people". So, it would on,y make sense to do all these things on the blockchain.

Imagine disbursement of aid , relief resources in times of distress and showing complete transparency is knowing where your tax money vanished? Do you think it is the lack of political will or simply not having enough technology readiness?

How long do you think until blockchain plugs atleast 90% of the worlds corruption?

WAKE THE HELL UP SHEEPLE.
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 8969

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
October 04, 2020, 01:57:16 AM

Blockchain will not solve corruption. Corruption is not the event of transferring money to some corrupt entity so adding transparency there won't help much. For the most part we already know where the tax dollars are going. We don't know if someone greased some palms to get that money and that info won't end up on the blockchain no matter how hard you try.
PonZZ

Activity: 214
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 04, 2020, 11:07:18 AM

Blockchain isn't the perfect technology, so it can't make the world an ideal place.

O W N R   W A L L E T      ❱      Create EOS accounts and manage EOS in an HD wallet      ❰      BTC, EOS & other coins
❱❱❱ ❱❱ ❱      Buy, send, receive and exchange crypto    ●    VISA   ●● mastercard   S€PA   ███ UnionPay      ❰ ❰❰ ❰❰❰
BLOG       TWITTER          [  App Store  ]          FULL EOS SUPPORT          [ Google Play ]          REDDIT   YOUTUBE
elisabetheva

Activity: 1708
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 05, 2020, 05:53:39 AM

actually what you say I really understand and agree that it is the way and the way that could possibly be done with the best. because we have to admit that corruption is a contagious disease and very dangerous for the stability of the country, especially for developing countries, because the impact is that the people cannot enjoy basic necessities which should be managed by the government with funds that should not be corrupted.

but back again to the people who run it, because we know that corruption can actually be fixed and not to a detriment if the apparatus that regulates regulations and laws is properly executed, what happens is that the apparatus itself is involved, in the end it's useless what we will do. for repairs even with a good system though.
Salauddin1994

Activity: 868
Merit: 15

View Profile
October 05, 2020, 07:36:33 AM

Corruption is in fact the biggest obstacle to the development of a country's economy corruption is a major obstacle to the country's economic and infrastructural development poverty reduction employment and moral development which undermines public confidence in the state apparatus. But even if everything improves through blockchain technology it is not possible in the case of corruption the country's government will rely on the system to reduce corruption.
wack slacker

Activity: 966
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 05, 2020, 04:27:46 PM

I think that corruption and blockchain are involved but not by much. Blockchain can make everything more transparent, but there will still be ways to circumvent other laws.
The problem of budget corruption is a common occurrence and is concealed by sophisticated bills and false claims.
In the case of taking bribes, I still hear the officer accept Bitcoin because it is outside the regulations of the bank.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: