Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:57:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Who is riding the roller coaster?  (Read 1680 times)
Dan The Man (OP)

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 24, 2011, 10:04:10 PM

I really wish I had some money in Mt Gox right now. It's all locked up behind Bitcoinica's wide and slow spread as I watch the 10% price swings pass by

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Vandroiy
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 24, 2011, 10:19:46 PM

Not me. Maybe I will, depending on what happens. Sadly, Bitcoinity is displaying nonsense and Mtgoxlive is blank, so fast trading isn't as convenient right now.
RyNinDaCleM
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1009

Legen -wait for it- dary

View Profile
November 24, 2011, 10:20:12 PM

I have!

I was going to buy at $2.33 a few hours ago, but decided "if I do, the price will plummet" so I waited. What happens? It starts going up. So I got on a little late but still made a few BTC out of it. So, not a complete missed opportunity.

And now, Goxlive is down, Bitcoinity isn't producing correct info...

Edit:
Vandroiy beat me to it!

ElectricMucus
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1057

Marketing manager - GO MP

View Profile WWW
November 24, 2011, 10:35:10 PM

I anticipated the rally and burned myself a little, in the roller-coaster.

overall still profitable though. This is way too hasty for my taste.
This has become so wild that only the first who makes the move gets the profit, my reaction time isn't that good so I'll stick to technical trading only for now on. Way more secure Smiley
RyNinDaCleM
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1009

Legen -wait for it- dary

View Profile
November 24, 2011, 10:41:03 PM

This is way too hasty for my taste.

Agreed! If you blink, you'll miss it, and possibly lose...A lot.

Bigpiggy01

Activity: 1138
Merit: 523

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2011, 05:11:30 AM

Me thinks we're coming up to another fairly biggish blip  Grin

▄▄▄█
              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
      ▄▄█████████████████▀  ▄█
   ▄██████████████████▀ ▄▄██▀
  ███████████████▀▀  ▄▄█▀▀
 ███████████▀▀▀     ▀▀
 ██████▀▀   ▄    █
 ███▀  ▄▄████   ▐█
 █▀   ▄████▀   ▄█▌
      ▀▀▀    ▄██▌
▐▄ ▀█▄▄  ▄▄████▀
██▀  ▀▀█████▀▀
▐▌
RAPTOREUM
  TOKENIZING THE WORLD!
  ██▀
▐▌
▐║
▐║
▐▌
██▄
[ POW Algorithm: GhostRider    Anti-FPGA/ASIC ]
Assets/Tokens Masternodes Smart Contracts

.51% / Double Spend Protection, Instant Speed, Private Send.
▀██
▐▌
║▌
║▌
▐▌
▄██
█▀

█▄
◈ ──  SOCIAL MEDIA ─── ◈
Reddit Telegram Discord
Twitter  Medium GitHub
▀█
  █
  █
  █
  █
  █
▄█
Dan The Man (OP)

View Profile
November 25, 2011, 05:46:17 AM

Me thinks we're coming up to another fairly biggish blip  Grin

While America is in its Turkey coma?
Fiyasko
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001

Okey Dokey Lokey

View Profile
November 25, 2011, 06:11:10 AM

PFFFFBWAAHHAHAHAHA i couldnt help but laugh at the turkey coma comment!

http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=DingoRabiit&sign=ANY&type=RECV <-My Ratings
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=857670.0 GAWminers and associated things are not to be trusted, Especially the "mineral" exchange
Bigpiggy01

Activity: 1138
Merit: 523

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2011, 07:11:52 AM

While America is in its Turkey coma?

It's fairly easy to push that "buy" button when feeling "festive".

Or think if "This was a brilliant investment earlier this year, I bet it's on the up again." might not be a fairly widely adopted strategy  once peeps "feel" a bit too good.

On the other hand it might go over more like a hangover: "Never again!"

The problem is mainly with the hangover scenario, as to me at least trading is more addictive than crack cocaine  Wink

▄▄▄█
              ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
      ▄▄█████████████████▀  ▄█
   ▄██████████████████▀ ▄▄██▀
  ███████████████▀▀  ▄▄█▀▀
 ███████████▀▀▀     ▀▀
 ██████▀▀   ▄    █
 ███▀  ▄▄████   ▐█
 █▀   ▄████▀   ▄█▌
      ▀▀▀    ▄██▌
▐▄ ▀█▄▄  ▄▄████▀
██▀  ▀▀█████▀▀
▐▌
RAPTOREUM
  TOKENIZING THE WORLD!
  ██▀
▐▌
▐║
▐║
▐▌
██▄
[ POW Algorithm: GhostRider    Anti-FPGA/ASIC ]
Assets/Tokens Masternodes Smart Contracts

.51% / Double Spend Protection, Instant Speed, Private Send.
▀██
▐▌
║▌
║▌
▐▌
▄██
█▀

█▄
◈ ──  SOCIAL MEDIA ─── ◈
Reddit Telegram Discord
Twitter  Medium GitHub
▀█
  █
  █
  █
  █
  █
▄█
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
November 25, 2011, 07:41:40 AM

Or think if "This was a brilliant investment earlier this year, I bet it's on the up again." might not be a fairly widely adopted strategy  once peeps "feel" a bit too good.

The problem is mainly with the hangover scenario, as to me at least trading is more addictive than crack cocaine  Wink

One problem is that purchasing BTC is a little bit addictive to me.

The other problem is that I have USD coming in bi-weekly, and simply want to be as low on any form of paper as possible at this time (and that certainly includes USD.)

I don't want to hold any more rental property than I have because I am of the belief that people who sit around collecting other people's rent checks will be loathed and mistaken for the 1% (often rightly so.)  Even if such people avoid being strung up old school like, I am betting that various extra taxes and fees will eventually be imposed.  And in fact I would like to see such a thing happen and believe that it is fair and the right thing for having a more fair society...but I don't hold that belief strongly enough to volunteer Smiley

Another option is PM's, but since that has been the only idea I've had for almost a decade now, I'm already heavier than I want to be here.

So, inevitably, every month or so acquiring 'just one more batch' of Bitcoin suddenly makes enough sense to me that I wander down to the bank and fill out the wire paperwork again.  In spite of being very deeply in the red on it at this time.  I actually really do feel a bit like a junkie every time I head down to the bank to do another wire.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
Crypt_Current

Activity: 686

Shame on everything; regret nothing.

View Profile
November 25, 2011, 07:51:14 AM

One problem is that purchasing BTC is a little bit addictive to me.

The other problem is that I have USD coming in bi-weekly, and simply want to be as low on any form of paper as possible at this time (and that certainly includes USD.)

I don't want to hold any more rental property than I have because I am of the belief that people who sit around collecting other people's rent checks will be loathed and mistaken for the 1% (often rightly so.)  Even if such people avoid being strung up old school like, I am betting that various extra taxes and fees will eventually be imposed.  And in fact I would like to see such a thing happen and believe that it is fair and the right thing for having a more fair society...but I don't hold that belief strongly enough to volunteer Smiley

Another option is PM's, but since that has been the only idea I've had for almost a decade now, I'm already heavier than I want to be here.

So, inevitably, every month or so acquiring 'just one more batch' of Bitcoin suddenly makes enough sense to me that I wander down to the bank and fill out the wire paperwork again.  In spite of being very deeply in the red on it at this time.  I actually really do feel a bit like a junkie every time I head down to the bank to do another wire.

Rollercoaster, indeed!  Intervention is a great show!  Just one more wire, man!
Bitcoin's a hell of a drug!

10% off at CampBX for LIFE:  https://campbx.com/main.php?r=C9a5izBQ5vq  ----  Authorized BitVoucher MEGA reseller (& BTC donations appreciated):  https://bitvoucher.co/affl/1HkvK8o8WWDpCTSQGnek7DH9gT1LWeV5s3/
LTC:  LRL6vb6XBRrEEifB73DiEiYZ9vbRy99H41  NMC:  NGb2spdTGpWj8THCPyCainaXenwDhAW1ZT
kjlimo
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2011, 04:45:44 PM

Ride the snake!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQYVRr0EYBA&feature=related

Coinbase for selling BTCs
Fold for spending BTCs
PM me with any questions on these sites/apps!  http://www.montybitcoin.com

or Vircurex for trading alt cryptocurrencies like DOGEs
CoinNinja for exploring the blockchain.
phorensic

Activity: 630

View Profile
November 25, 2011, 05:47:12 PM

I really wish I had some money in Mt Gox right now. It's all locked up behind Bitcoinica's wide and slow spread as I watch the 10% price swings pass by
This is why I don't like bitcoinica.  The spreads are massive and lag a lot.  The price has to move 10-15% and stay there in order to profit just a little bit.  Meanwhile, on mtgox I can be flinging buys and sells left and right, sucking up at least 5% profits each time.  Every time I make a trade on bitcoinica it seems to take 2-3 days before I can liquidate.  I'm more of a day trader than a swing trader like that.  I'm still experimenting, but I'm getting nowhere.  Who the heck is making money off Bitcoinica?
Crypt_Current

Activity: 686

Shame on everything; regret nothing.

View Profile
November 25, 2011, 06:43:34 PM

Who the heck is making money off Bitcoinica?

bitcoinica  Grin

10% off at CampBX for LIFE:  https://campbx.com/main.php?r=C9a5izBQ5vq  ----  Authorized BitVoucher MEGA reseller (& BTC donations appreciated):  https://bitvoucher.co/affl/1HkvK8o8WWDpCTSQGnek7DH9gT1LWeV5s3/
LTC:  LRL6vb6XBRrEEifB73DiEiYZ9vbRy99H41  NMC:  NGb2spdTGpWj8THCPyCainaXenwDhAW1ZT
Dan The Man (OP)

View Profile
November 25, 2011, 07:08:26 PM

This is why I don't like bitcoinica.  The spreads are massive and lag a lot.  The price has to move 10-15% and stay there in order to profit just a little bit.  Meanwhile, on mtgox I can be flinging buys and sells left and right, sucking up at least 5% profits each time.  Every time I make a trade on bitcoinica it seems to take 2-3 days before I can liquidate.  I'm more of a day trader than a swing trader like that.  I'm still experimenting, but I'm getting nowhere.  Who the heck is making money off Bitcoinica?

Yeah, it sucks for small fast movements, but the 5:1 leverage is really nice (or terrible if you're wrong) on a big slow 30% movement. I think as soon as I liquidate I will try to keep about half of my money as a reserve on Gox, max out my leverage on Bitcoinica and then only move the Gox money over if I feel like the Bitcoinica position is in danger.
kjlimo
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1031

View Profile WWW
November 25, 2011, 07:45:02 PM

Maybe the countdown on mtgox will be option trading on gox?

Coinbase for selling BTCs
Fold for spending BTCs
PM me with any questions on these sites/apps!  http://www.montybitcoin.com

or Vircurex for trading alt cryptocurrencies like DOGEs
CoinNinja for exploring the blockchain.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: