Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 04:36:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Decentralized Fund Management  (Read 209 times)
katmai

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2020, 07:37:39 PM

Seems like a good idea on the front but remember this that in 2017 all these portfolio and fund groups made money, and in the following year ALL of them made huge losses. Many even the famous ones like Galaxy Digital, one of the biggest and most legit if I recall even made more than 50% losses. What does this tell me? I might as well just hold my own Bitcoin/Ether:)
This, assuming that this is not a scam of some sort this seems like the perfect situation for those traders, if they happen to earn money while managing the capital of someone else then they can keep a significant amount of the money they won on the markets but if they happen to lose then they take no responsibility and it is the investor that needs to absorb the losses, so as long as they can keep getting clients then they can keep earning money at no risk for themselves, to me it seems it is a way better option to just learn how to trade by yourself, I know it is hard and it takes time but once you do this all your profits belong to you and you do not have to share them with anyone as it is the case here.

this is not entirely true. there's a lot of cool people in the crypto world, that have their own communities, that their groups know they are trustworthy leaders: troy, wolf, dmitry, nick_core, mocho, scott melker, and the list can go on and on because there's quite a few established names.

it's those people that might want to use such a tool, because sometimes members of their community might want to copy trades they do, and this platform would make it easier to do so.

also it seems that you haven't really documented yourself about what the platform requirements are, because if you did, you knew that a group owner has to deposit collateral in order to get a group started.

there will probably be bad actors trying shenanigans at some point, but that's where the community comes in to act as a filter and weed bad people out. if the community does its job, the space might be entertaining.

also if i was someone new, interested in the platform, i'd obviously not mortgage my house and throw the money at random people over the internet, however, i'd stick around for a while, learn about the project, see how the community behaves, how the project progresses, how frequent updates happen and then when i feel comfortable, i'd throw 1-2 eth at someone i feel like trusting and take it from there.

or you can always start to learn trading on your own, that's also an option. I do have an interesting story about How i lost 30000$ in the 2020 March crash that shows some of the emotions involved and how it affected my life. Maybe it helps someone wanting to take that path.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Wawa2013

Activity: 1666
Merit: 267

View Profile
October 22, 2020, 09:55:19 PM

It is very difficult to find information about this IFUND project, I did not find a project team profile and there is no whitepaper that I can read.
Looks like these projects are fake, I suggest avoiding projects like this. Because now there are a lot of project scams that have sprung up.
How can we trust this IFUND project without any reviews, it is too risky to use our money to be able to make profit from this IFUND project.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████▄
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
▀██████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
Metavault.Trade
████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
██████████████████████████████████████████
NEXT GENERATION PERPETUAL DEX WITH
ZERO SLIPPAGE SWAPS & UP TO 30X LEVERAGE

██████████████████████████████████████████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████████
Faster, Safer, Smarter!
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ██   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
TWITTER  |  DISCORD  |  TELEGRAM  |  MEDIUM  |  GITHUB
katmai

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2020, 10:11:25 PM

It is very difficult to find information about this IFUND project, I did not find a project team profile and there is no whitepaper that I can read.
Looks like these projects are fake, I suggest avoiding projects like this. Because now there are a lot of project scams that have sprung up.
How can we trust this IFUND project without any reviews, it is too risky to use our money to be able to make profit from this IFUND project.

no idea what you're talking about. the whitepaper is right there: https://unifund.global/assets/docs/UnipumpWPv1.pdf as well as the smart contract audit: https://unifund.global/assets/docs/audit.pdf
it seems like your statement about "not finding a whitepaper you can read" is a little awkward since the majority of the relevant details are simply 1 click away, on their main website.

all i want to point out is that giving out trust and seeing what happens is kinda what crypto is all about. some might fail, some might be good. choosing to trust a well-done website with pictures of people you never met ain't much different than trusting an anonymous team.

i prefer looking at the product progress and that's what i base my trust on. i couldn't care less if they use avatars of flying monkeys and unicorns if i see the product taking shape, being used and them doing their job. i couldn't care less about their name if the results are consistent.

time will tell.
aemma
Copper Member

Activity: 966
Merit: 14

View Profile
December 25, 2020, 02:18:21 PM

What is the difference between this project and other trading groups or channels? To be frank, I do not see any difference, this could still be those trading groups coming around in another way just to get more people to trade for and get more commission. Also, just like some other trading groups which always have problems same can also happen in this one, what if when market do not go as planned, who will bear the losses? I think the users.
Nevertheless, you are free to participate but do so with a funds you can afford to lose because nothing is certain, and the market can't be fully predicted atimes.
fia_naila

Activity: 770
Merit: 258

The Standart Protocol - Solving Inflation

View Profile
December 26, 2020, 06:06:40 PM

Decentralised fund management could be consider as securities and it will rekt by sec, even it is decentralised and does now have any head quarter it will never get in to US before the token get the license to sell securities. Please always remember " everything which promise dividend usually consider as securities.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████