Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 04:37:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Lolnero - much privacy! many ASICs!  (Read 1911 times)
dominguero

Activity: 427
Merit: 212

View Profile
November 14, 2020, 09:55:46 PM
Last edit: November 22, 2020, 02:08:48 PM by dominguero

In the future it will be ASICS but NOT TODAY.

LOL

Code:
2020-11-14 21:59:46.292 I Found block <feccee1dd0b5c9185f46d86470b52d1a16e0ac5fae1a5540e8a61476e6da355f> at height 2001 for difficulty: 7181435880
I take the Block 2001 Grin

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dominguero

View Profile
November 22, 2020, 02:38:20 PM

I am little disappointed about crypto nowadays, despite de bullrun.

Bitcointalk are plenty of scams, Icos, premined, rebrand, tokens, moneroV, Defi, masternodes, ponzy, referred KYC...  ANNs because we are in 2020 and we are here for the money.

We need Beautiful ANNS with Logos, Webs, pools, exchanges, Vitaliks, Craig, Mcafee or Matos devs and promotors... but we dont need, any more, new approaches.

Lolnero would be a shitty fork with no progression, but could be too, a good idea to which no attention is paid.

A new chain, with the same technology as Wow/Monero with no constantly changing the algo, because they need to be ASICS resistant, would be the best and real approach of crypto to a mobile that i seen.

What we want? other Electroneum like Pi network, or a real fullnode in a mobile?
fuwa0529 (OP)

Activity: 16
Merit: 3

View Profile
November 22, 2020, 02:47:30 PM

I am little disappointed about crypto nowadays, despite de bullrun.

Bitcointalk are plenty of scams, Icos, premined, rebrand, tokens, moneroV, Defi, masternodes, ponzy, referred KYC...  ANNs because we are in 2020 and we are here for the money.

We need Beautiful ANNS with Logos, Webs, pools, exchanges, Vitaliks, Craig, Mcafee or Matos devs and promotors... but we dont need, any more, new approaches.

Lolnero would be a shitty fork with no progression, but could be too, a good idea to which no attention is paid.

A new chain, with the same technology as Wow/Monero with no constantly changing the algo, because they need to be ASICS resistant, would be the best and real approach of crypto to a mobile that i seen.

What we want? other Electroneum like Pi network, or a real fullnode in a mobile?

Yes!
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 1103

View Profile
November 22, 2020, 05:10:42 PM

Why
The goal of Lolnero is to replace C/C++ with a safer language, and to not hardfork.

Isn't this a bit premature, given that the privacy technology used in Monero is still apparently in its infancy, and there are people already making claims about being able to track it, and Monero planning to do further upgrades to make it more difficult/impossible? Will Lolnero hardfork to follow Monero privacy upgrades, just not PoW stuff?
fuwa0529 (OP)

View Profile
November 22, 2020, 05:55:59 PM
Merited by dominguero (1)

> Isn't this a bit premature, given that the privacy technology used in Monero is still apparently in its infancy, and there are people already making claims about being able to track it, and Monero planning to do further upgrades to make it more difficult/impossible?

No. The general framework of thinking is that the success of bitcoin has shown that there's enough space for everyone, from 0 privacy to 100% privacy. I'm thinking from bitcoin -> grin -> monero.

Lolnero is not trying to be the best private coin out there, it can excel somewhere else. Like, for example, being light weight to sync, and less legacy code to maintain, and possibly a better implementation in a safer language. All these do not require any hardforks.

> Will Lolnero hardfork to follow Monero privacy upgrades, just not PoW stuff?

It will not follow monero's future upgrades, it is likely the path for wownero, and I'm really looking forward to see the success of both Cheesy
TimeTeller

Activity: 2716
Merit: 588

View Profile
November 22, 2020, 09:07:16 PM

> Isn't this a bit premature, given that the privacy technology used in Monero is still apparently in its infancy, and there are people already making claims about being able to track it, and Monero planning to do further upgrades to make it more difficult/impossible?

No. The general framework of thinking is that the success of bitcoin has shown that there's enough space for everyone, from 0 privacy to 100% privacy. I'm thinking from bitcoin -> grin -> monero.

Lolnero is not trying to be the best private coin out there, it can excel somewhere else. Like, for example, being light weight to sync, and less legacy code to maintain, and possibly a better implementation in a safer language. All these do not require any hardforks.

It will not follow monero's future upgrades, it is likely the path for wownero, and I'm really looking forward to see the success of both Cheesy

By any chance, are you planning to at least create a website for this project?
I know you are not in a hurry as you don't have premine and not running an ICO.
But having your own webpage is a must for a project that have long-term goals here in crypto.
What exactly is your goal for this project? Couple of months or 6 months from now at least.
target
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 1041

View Profile
November 22, 2020, 09:30:31 PM

By any chance, are you planning to at least create a website for this project?
I know you are not in a hurry as you don't have premine and not running an ICO.
But having your own webpage is a must for a project that have long-term goals here in crypto.
What exactly is your goal for this project? Couple of months or 6 months from now at least.

A roadman to follow is the least to look forward to what will happen to the project.

They are probably testing whether it could also get followers before they decide to get serious. Wownero became serious and eventually had a few exchanges adding it.  They do have the gitlab though. Adding it on tradeogre will be the start of it.

fuwa0529 (OP)

View Profile
November 23, 2020, 03:19:34 AM

There wouldn't be an official roadmap or a website,  but anyone is free to set up one  Smiley Because there's no hardforks, there's no need for such centralization.
dominguero

View Profile
November 25, 2020, 08:59:55 AM

I installed Ubuntu 20.04 bash in Windows 10, and compiled Lolnero with no problem.

When i ran de node , they stopped syncing every 100 blocks, so I copied the tiny blockchain from linux, and now I could run a full node (in root mode) in Windows (i am Bill Gates Fanatic since DR-DOS 5.0).

Curiously the mining hash power (by CPU) is the same.
fuwa0529 (OP)

View Profile
November 25, 2020, 10:14:15 AM

I installed Ubuntu 20.04 bash in Windows 10, and compiled Lolnero with no problem.

When i ran de node , they stopped syncing every 100 blocks, so I copied the tiny blockchain from linux, and now I could run a full node (in root mode) in Windows (i am Bill Gates Fanatic since DR-DOS 5.0).

Curiously the mining hash power (by CPU) is the same.

Such 1337 user, but it shouldn't have a problem syncing though. Whatever Cheesy
dominguero

View Profile
November 25, 2020, 11:23:49 AM

My errors messages

Code:
I Loading blockchain from folder /home/XXXX/.lolnero/lmdb ...
W Attempt to get block size from height 0 failed -- block size not in db
I Stopping cryptonote protocol...
I Cryptonote protocol stopped successfully
E Exception in main! Attempt to get block size from height 0 failed -- block size not in db

and after a second chance

Code:
Attempt to get hash from height 100 failed -- hash not in db
E Error in handle_invoke_map: Attempt to get hash from height 100 failed -- hash not in db

I could take the blockchain from 100 to 100 block...

And with root user without copy the data.mdb

Code:
W DB error attempting to fetch block index from hashMDB_BAD_TXN: Transaction must abort, has a child, or is invalid
E Exception at [add_new_block], what=DB error attempting to fetch block index from hashMDB_BAD_TXN: Transaction must abort, has a child, or is invalid
E Failed to add genesis block to blockchain
W Failed to commit a transaction to the db: MDB_BAD_TXN: Transaction must abort, has a child, or is invalid

But if I copy the blockchain all work fine in root mode.

I know that its a uncle Bill problem, possibly because of the permissions/access on the files... but it was something I needed to share  Cheesy
fuwa0529 (OP)

View Profile
November 25, 2020, 12:09:36 PM

It's the same error reported by xuzicheng1001 Cheesy
dominguero

View Profile
March 09, 2021, 08:18:21 PM

Updates:

Marth 9th, 2021

We submitted the mobile seed generator and the mobile wallet to the play store, they are both waiting for review.

https://gitlab.com/fuwa/lolnero-seed
https://gitlab.com/fuwa/lolnero-wallet

From out testing, they work alright, so lolnero should be mobile ready, hopefully.

Marth 6th, 2021

We've been hacking on some C++. Latest cmake 3.20 beta and android ndk 23 beta allow us to build for android again, so "lolnero node" is back on the play store:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.lolnero.node

These tools also allow us to build the wallet, which has not been ported yet. We were worried that we might have to build a seed generator using the C++ code, but after looking a bit deeper on how the seed is converted into keys, we are confident that this is unnecessary, since a "scaler_reduce" is part of the key generation process, which means that any value, no matter how large, is a valid key thanks to modular arithmetic, math basically.

So a mobile seed generator is also on the road map.

We made the wallet cli even simpler to use, but again by removing some features which aren't essential for a wallet, like the view only feature. This can be added back with a new wallet, or a custom 3rd party wallet for a specific user group. We want to keep C++ to the bare minimal, right?

Feb 28th, 2021

So we are working on a rewrite. So far we have implemented

* tx (de)serialization
* block (de)serialization
* block pow validation
* an in ram database that can persist to disk

Pretty much half of monero-rs and a little bit more.

We won't post anything on twitter until there's a working daemon, but we'd like to share with you some findings. The entire thing is in 2k lines of haskell, and half of it is unit test. Varint parsing / building was like 6 lines of code. We use libraries like crazy. We don't plan to implement bulletproof validation, we want to wrap the C++ with a C API, and just call it from haskell. We don't care about batched verification, so we'll just iterate over it. We are experimenting with a new build system, since it requires some heavy duty tooling to manage this C++ beast.

There's still a lot to be done, so stay tuned Cheesy

Feb 19th, 2021

After some heavy refactoring of the original code base, mostly removing non-essential features. We are finally ready to start to work on the real goal of this project, a rewrite.

The goal is to have as many implementations as possible, but for now, we focus on a rewrite in haskell, for only one reason: that is the only language our current developer is willing to work with for free.

Anyway, haskell isn't completely useless and pretty much anything is better than C++.

We made the C++ implementation as maintainable as possible, so it should give us enough time to work on this. Good luck with your other investments.

P.S. Yes, we implemented tree-hash in haskell. I know, what a pathetic project.

Feb 13th, 2021

We made some further improvements to the code base by reducing the Lines of Code in the src/ folder from the original 159k down to 86k, which should gives us better future maintainability.

Some simplification to the consensus and protocol were also introduced, for example, a limited block size of 4MB and a removal of the some what unconventional block weight formula. In lolnero, block weight = block size, so these terms are interchangeable. We simplified the pseudo protocol involving the fields in tx_extra, by reduing the number of them from five or something down to two, so other wallet implementations can have less things to worry about to be compatible with the reference implementation.

We cleaned up the cmake build system to use only standard cmake functions, to make maintenance easier for the future. It also makes using other build system possible by having a somewhat cleaner reference build. This might be beneficial when porting to other platforms, which might not be well supported by cmake, like the current situation on android.

We refactored the wallet2.(h/cpp) module significantly,  but that's just another taste on how code should be organized :p

To wrap up, we really want to have maintainable code, so we have something we are relatively comfortable to store some value in.

Feb 5th, 2021

We were ready to pull the plug, but there was this miner that refused to leave  Angry

Anyway, guess this network will keep running for some unspecified extended period of time ...

Jan 10th, 2021

It seems this project failed to attract any attention, the seed node will be taken down once most miners left, thanks for not contributing anything really. It's a fun experiment anyway.

Dec 24th, 2020

How's everyone? We made some huge "improvements" to the code base by reducing its size. But unlike other projects,
you don't need to upgrade if you don't feel like it, since there's no hardforks  Wink

Have a nice holiday.

Dec 6th, 2020

Enabled socks4a for clear net. To use Tor for everything (clear net and hidden services), start the daemon like this:

Code:
lolnerod \
--proxy public,127.0.0.1:9050 \
--proxy tor,127.0.0.1:9050

So you don't need to run it under torsocks Cheesy

Dec 5th, 2020

Full Tor support has been added / restored with the latest code, use

Code:
--proxy tor,127.0.0.1:9050,10

to enable access to the built-in seed node.

You can block clear net at the firewall level and the blockchain should continue to work Cheesy

Nov 4th, 2020

Mobile node is available:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.lolnero.node

Oct 11th, 2020 - 3

We are online at height 1, join us!

Oct 11th, 2020 - 2

We will launch again at Oct 11th, 2020, 16:00 (UTC), see you there!

Oct 11th, 2020

It seems the seed node isn't accepting connections, we'll try to fix it later, and possibly relaunch. Thanks Cheesy

Oct 10th, 2020

We'll likely launch on Oct 10th, 2020, 21:00 (UTC) !

LOL

I stopped the node and mining because the commit of 09 Jan... and now I see that the project is progressing very well.

I always checked if lolnero Ann had news replies but I didnt see the Lolnero updates because you edited the initial post, instead of writing new messages.

Because of that I Quote the Updates, compiled a new node, and mining again.

I am very happy to see lolnero alive and success.
dominguero

View Profile
June 10, 2021, 12:31:50 PM
Last edit: November 06, 2021, 01:23:46 PM by dominguero

A small compilation about...
lolnero

Lolnero is a fork of Wownero with a linear emission and a SHA-3 PoW.

There is no premine and no dev tax.

Why

The goal of Lolnero is to replace C/C++ with a safer language, and to not hardfork.

Specifications

• Proof_of_Work:
  • Max_supply:
  • Block_reward:
  • Block_time:
  • Block_size_limit:
  • Confidential_transaction:
  • Ring_signature:
  • Ring_size:

SHA-3
 ∞
 5 minutes
 max(128k, Block height) bytes
 Bulletproofs
 CLSAG

Resources

• Telegram
  • LibraIRC  
  • Web_Page  
  • How_to_Compile  
  • Source_Code  
  • Full_anonymity_with_Tor
  • Android_Guide

https://t.co/eTVMvsdCVA
 #lolnero
 https://gitlab.com/lolnero/lolnero
 https://lolnero.org/tor.html
 https://lolnero.org/Android_Guide.html

Now its 100% CPU mining (SHA3 run well on Ryzen but love ARM mining), at the moment you need a full node (Linux or Android) to mining.

In principle the ecosystem is going well as it is, we are only looking for more nodes to decentralize the network. Pools, gpu miners, windows binary... are not a priority, but if you want, you can do them.

The first rule about lolnero is you don’t talk about lolnero.
dominguero

View Profile
October 21, 2021, 12:29:36 AM
Last edit: October 25, 2021, 08:38:58 PM by dominguero

Updates:

Oct 21th, 2021

Lolnero moved to GPU mining, since there's a built-in OpenCL miner now. What's interesting is the speed this miner got developed. It literally only took 4 days. Thanks to cruzbit which provided a solid opencl code base to work on.

Perfect, but I can't compile it correctly... anyone could help¿?

Edit: Ok, the solution was to read the error well ... and understand it, because I am a total noob ... I just had to copy some files from the opencl library to / usr / include / CL /

now I could compile, but have this error when mining:

fuwa0529 (OP)

View Profile
October 27, 2021, 05:38:12 PM

Updates:

Oct 21th, 2021

Lolnero moved to GPU mining, since there's a built-in OpenCL miner now. What's interesting is the speed this miner got developed. It literally only took 4 days. Thanks to cruzbit which provided a solid opencl code base to work on.

Perfect, but I can't compile it correctly... anyone could help¿?

https://i.ibb.co/Jmw47yz/Screenshot-from-2021-10-21-01-04-36.png

Edit: Ok, the solution was to read the error well ... and understand it, because I am a total noob ... I just had to copy some files from the opencl library to / usr / include / CL /

now I could compile, but have this error when mining:

https://i.ibb.co/P4PhfbF/Screenshot-20211025-223556.png

I think you are on the right track, but I don't know why it didn't work for you. As far as I know, integrated graphics isn't supported officially by rocm. GPU mining has only been tested on external AMD GPUs running on NixOS.
dominguero

View Profile
October 28, 2021, 09:08:52 AM

I think you are on the right track, but I don't know why it didn't work for you. As far as I know, integrated graphics isn't supported officially by rocm. GPU mining has only been tested on external AMD GPUs running on NixOS.
I dont know what i am doing... I reinstall KDE Manjaro in a Ryzen 1700 with a Vega 56, and i go to make the same with a 1650 laptop.

In the last format, I could install a lot of prerequisites of OpenCl thanks to yay https://github.com/Jguer/yay and some PKGBUILD... but i am a total noob in Linux... and only know how to search in google, and ctrl+C ctrl+V when something could work.

anyway, why do I get these errors when compiling?

Thanks.

PD: Telegram and Twitter hates you, let me know if you make an account in facebook  Grin
dominguero

View Profile
October 29, 2021, 12:17:25 AM
Last edit: December 04, 2021, 11:17:46 PM by dominguero

Well finally Mining with GPU... with Manjaro its very easy.

If u have AMD, need to install yay https://github.com/Jguer/yay and then

Code:
yay -S rocm-opencl-runtime

If Nvdia

Code:
sudo pacman -S opencl-nvidia

and of course:
Code:
sudo pacman -S opencl-headers
sudo pacman -S ocl-icd
sudo pacman -S base-devel cmake git
sudo pacman -S boost readline libsodium openssl rapidjson

git clone https://gitlab.com/lolnero/lolnero.git

mkdir lolnero/build
cd lolnero/build

cmake -DUSE_OPENCL=ON .. && make

and don't forgot to copy cl.hpp from Khronos Group to  
Code:
/usr/include/CL/
dominguero

View Profile
November 01, 2021, 02:25:26 PM

I compiled the last version and all work fine, thanks.

GPU: Vega 56, 126MH/s 53W  (850/500MHz)

dominguero

View Profile
December 16, 2021, 02:12:15 PM

Well I take my old Tektonick 4010, I could run a full node in it, and minning, but I cant take any block at all.

I NEED HELP.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: