Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:17:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Your perception matters  (Read 412 times)
CryptocurencyKing (OP)

Activity: 1288
Merit: 504

View Profile
October 10, 2020, 05:33:39 PM

IT'S ALL ABOUT YOUR PERCEPTION

PREFACE
This is virtually for newbies and those at the biginner who seem to have a hard time making remarkable archeivements with their accounts and are discouraged. Before I go any further, I'll like to ask a few questions and answering this questions judiciously could redefine and align your course or that of someone else's to focus on forum objectives and Cryptocurrency at large.

1. As an individual, how did you get here?
2. How did you first viewed the forum?
3. From experience, how do you view the forum now?
4. What are the possible barriers to you or a fellows improvement in the forum?
5. How are you responding to the above resolution?

Okay, I'm going to answer most of these questions later in the course of this article as it applies to me and I hope/expect concerned users to do the same or drop comments that could focus a biginner on the Bitcointalkforum objectives.

OBSERVATION
From the many months of involvement and interaction with the forum, my eyes have been opened to certain realities of the forum. Certainly, we all dropped here by some means especially with the fact that, the forum doesn't select whom it offers a membership and as such, it's either we get here accidentally/by chance or got introduced. Which ever way it is, your here and it's fine but, your either here with a mindset of fogging ahead or dropping out disappointed and that is very unlikely what any one of is desire and your perception of the forum plays a vital role in your reform process. So, lets just go straight to it.

PERCEPTION OF THE FORUM
Many biginners already have or has an idea/mindset to the forum and it becomes rather discouraging when the targets on your wish list aren't met, not because they are just too much but then, the top forum users seem to be getting a hang of it rather easily you think, soaring even greater heights while you wallow in the shadows, unseen, unnoticed despite how much you try and as such, you have a hard time going anywhere. After all, the book of the Christians (Bible) says, 'He that has, even more should be given to him and he that has not, even the little he has should be taken from him'. Cold world right? So it may seem but no one is taking anything from you but then, the once who has will continue to have even more and you know why? It's because of their perception of the forum which is basically based on learning and educating at the same time with little interest on earnings.
There is no magic or favouritism concept about it. Have you ever been a little curious and go a step further as to knowing how these users started, have you asked yourself how and what it took them to stay enthusiastic and consistent for years, have you taken time to review their first page posts (the last page on the page count series), do you study how they create contents and comments, all these amongst numerous others not mentioned plays a role in setting your course towards forum objectives. These are the few steps to improvement and archeivements in the forum. You don't just wallow in the shadows, criticizing the merit and activity system of ranking up, blaming top users for earning even more merits which you feel they don't need and as such, you wish and want it to have been you! You can't seat back and simply desire to;
* Have posts with merit counts as these...

[General] Bitcointalk Ranking-up pipeline- Those close to their next rank (lacking Merits)

* Desire to participate in a sig and avatar campaign
* Wish to be a merit source or staff of the forum
* You can't have a wrong perception of the forum and hope to shelter in it's shades while you reap from it's produce.

Know this, for everything under the sun, there is a season. A season to sow and ends in reaping. You don't smile while sowing, it's not a joyous adventure. Sowing comes with tears and pain. You only smile and make merry when you reap or harvest. Let your tears water it's seed and your pain guides it's growth and so, you'll better appreciate it's produce when the time to reap or harvest comes. As a biginner, this is that sowing phase and you really shouldn't expect any reaping just yet. Put in the work and never relent.

There are some users who stay almost permanently on the forum, ever glued to their screen it seems. As though they've got some notification across every board of the forum to notify them of every post or upload on the forum. There is hardly any post of interest without their touch or contributions. I'm talking users like DdmrDdmr , OgNasty , LoyceV, fillippone , Ratimov . These users have spent years putting in work and remains consistent. Another significant fellow making waves to show biginners that measuring up in rank is possible is Charles-Tim. These users are an inspiration to map out a path from. They perceive the forum as a place to learn and educate before earning because they know, the earnings will always come eventually. The most of it all is that, they are ever willing to help, I'm talking about uses like DdmrDdmr , OgNasty , CryptopreneurBrainboss , LoyceV, fillippone , Ratimov and others. We beginners are the next generation of Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency. Let's learn from and with them, paying attention to details so in time we might pass on our knowledge to our predecessors.

With regards to questions asked at the beginning of this article, here is my response?

I got here (forum) through a friend and since then, I've been unable to live as it continues to educate me still in matters of Bitcoin and Cryptocurrency.
    Like almost everyone else, it was more about the idea of earning for me. I needed cash and felt bitcointalkforum could offer me that so, what the hell, I had to start somewhere. Of course I had some bounty rough days but, it's all gone now, every stating of it erased.
    The forum has been an all round reformation facility for me. It didn't end with Bitcoin and cryptocurrency but as far as life goes. You get to learn about technological advances, approach to web security and your voice and contributions is respected.
    One of the greatest barriers to beginners is the illusion that they can measure of compare their/our 2 step with an active top users 200 steps. Hence, you end up disappointed, get discouraged and blame the system not to work for you but I tell you this, it's not so!
    After discovering all this set backs on my account, I had to delete all my sheet posts and bounty related posts to turn a new live and focus on learning, impacting positively and let the earnings come last.

ADVICE
Don't just seat back and criticize, it doesn't get better when you quit, start there and persist, it only gets better where you try. Stay motivated!

Thank you.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Zilon

Activity: 966
Merit: 421

Bitcoindata.science

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2020, 08:52:18 PM

Sincerely I would appreciate you for taking out time to put this lovely piece of advice for newbies. Most of us are still getting acquainted with this platform, trying to see how we can also contribute our little quarter to the growth of this noble platform. With this you have guided and also enlightened us on what is obtainable and what should be expected of the newbies while the go about posting ensuring the rules laid down be adhered to strictly. It would be nice if more of this could be published so it can guide the newbies more to avoid accounts been banned.
Blackpussy

Activity: 70
Merit: 26

View Profile
October 14, 2020, 05:26:24 PM

Amazing words of  advice thank you.This forum has alot to contribute to the society, there are thousands of good writers here i learn from everyday .My mindset of cryptocurrency grows stronger from this forum
AakZaki
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1076

zknodes.org

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2020, 06:34:19 PM

This kind of open mind is required for every member who joins this forum. Indeed, each person's perception about this forum is different. Many say that this forum is only a moneymaker because there are many campaigns in it, and some people who really understand this forum say this forum is a repository of various kinds of technological knowledge that are increasingly advanced and are always updated every day.

I am also a long-time member of this forum, consider this forum a forum for discussion and exchange of ideas about cryptocurrency and blockchain technology and other latest technologies. It's not just a matter of how much income you get on this forum.

This forum is able to make me sit staring at the computer for up to 4 hours just to read various kinds of discussions and participate in commenting and contributing to it.
Smartvirus
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1110

View Profile
October 19, 2020, 07:15:14 AM

I agree with you @OP. You know, some people are so firm in their beliefs and what worked for them in other places that they believe that's just as applicable in this forum. Haveing a conceived idea is not wrong at all but, not letting your ideas flexible and subject to change especially when it's not working is an issue. For a fact, anything that is so stiff and refuses to bend, with a sufficient amount of pressure, it breaks.

That's exactly how it works. Haven't been in the forum and viewing the concept of earning while you contribute less is like you digging yourself out of a pit. You only end up going down.
Eventually, you loose interest or you get banned. In essence,

1. Make your ideas subject to change by staying flexible
2. View the earnings as a mare bonus for being active and
3. Contribute positively to the forum. Always try to add instead of taking out.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Trinx01

Activity: 297
Merit: 40

View Profile
October 19, 2020, 09:33:19 AM

Thank you for the good words mate, all of the members here even those seniors became a newbie without even good knowledge about cryptocurrency but as time passed by, they improved, they keep on learning every each day, well that is life, that is part of our life, being naive at first is such a normal thing for every person because we are all started from nothing and it won't stay only for that because of our experience that we can get every day. Those experiences will help us to understand more things, we also realized wrong things that we have done from the past because we learn something, regrets are always there for every person there is no perfect in our life.

I am also curious to soothe members of this forum especially to those who have a good reputation here, I always check how they create a topic and how they comment on a certain topic, it helps me, and realized that I should create a useful content first to be a good member of this forum as well.

I just want to share mine with these questions:
    I got here in this forum because of the cryptotalk, that forum helps me to discover this, even though cryptotalk is much different from this forum in terms of quality, I am still thankful for that forum because it helps me find my way here and I am really satisfied with many topics that I have read here.

My impression about this forum is full of knowledge and a way of earning as well, I came up with these impressions because of the topics that I have read in the cryptotalk.

This forum will live so long, it is the original crypto forum and it has a quality content compared to another forum, I see that this forum will help every newbie to understand more things about cryptocurrency, which is good because cryptocurrency becomes more popular all over the world.

One of the barriers for me is that internet connection, it is really hard for every people to access some information without stable internet, as of now I cant suggest things to be improved from this forum but I want to congratulate this forum for having the merit system which makes every user and topic so useful.

Just set your goal in this forum, make a process to achieve it, things will get rough for every beginner but I am sure that all these things will be worth it once you achieve your goal,

erikoy

Activity: 686
Merit: 125

View Profile
October 19, 2020, 09:54:38 AM

Perception means the ability to see, hear, or become aware of something through the senses.
This is according to google dictionary.

Perception is a broad word that could be apply to any ways here in the forum. If you are talking about perception it is all about how you been accepted the forum ways probably the rules and regulations to mention. However, as I read through with your post I think it is also about perseverance.

"Perseverance persistence in doing something despite difficulty or delay in achieving success"

Have you ever been a little curious and go a step further as to knowing how these users started, have you asked yourself how and what it took them to stay enthusiastic and consistent for years, have you taken time to review their first page posts (the last page on the page count series), do you study how they create contents and comments, all these amongst numerous others not mentioned plays a role in setting your course towards forum objectives.
Noted that with how you perceive things here in the forum and how it was done like those high rank users earning lots of merits is not only about the quality of the posts they made it also about their dedication, perseverance to share ideas and contribute help to the members. Those high rank users like DdmrDdmr as your sample had been liked by most users here in the forum because he is good at making points in the discussion. But no one is perfect here so get along with other users because some are good in making negative criticism and even bullying especially to low rank users.
Langitngit24

Activity: 23
Merit: 4

View Profile
October 20, 2020, 12:54:49 PM
Merited by CryptocurencyKing (1)

thanks for the good things you say I am new here and I am still studying how and what cryptocurrency is but I am trying to help and share an idea about cryptocurrency I know I have a long way to go to understand things here but I also know that all the people here are also started with nothing and now they are hero members, legends etc. but soon I will be like them too someday.... Grin

I just want to share mine with these questions:
    I am here because I want to know about cryptocurrency and my influence of my friend too however i learn something everytime i read thread topic also the people here are smart and they can answer with full of knowledge.

to be honest when i saw this forum for the first time actually don't know and i don't understand what going on here example the system here the rules, guidelines etc. but later on i did explore and i knew that people can help me here as a newbie.  

I think our forum will expand and develop more  because many people here are helping each other to improve cryptocurrency and they working so hard to help others especially me as a newbie.

My internet connection because here in my country the internet connection is a big problem however i'll try my best to help and improve this forum as much as i can.

just do your job here and im pretty sure that what you and I did here will bearer someday.
Mandarava

Activity: 742
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 23, 2020, 12:16:10 PM

One thing is for sure - forum = Bitcoin, the forum would never have become a magnet for so many hundreds of thousands of people if the price of bitcoin would not be so high. Many professionals, developers, owners or creators of cryptocurrency projects communicate here - they are the real backbone of this forum.
The bounty participants also add activity to the forum to a large extent - without them the forum would not be so full. All this obeys one simple rule - where there is money, life will seethe there!)
CryptocurencyKing (OP)

Activity: 1288
Merit: 504

View Profile
October 26, 2020, 02:33:14 PM

One thing is for sure - forum = Bitcoin
where there is money, life will seethe there!
I don't argue with you on this but then, haven't to view is this way could create some bias in the minds of a lot of users especially those who now focus more on the bounty section as they hope to earn a few bucks or tokens of value. Bounty isn't a bad thing but, of what use would it be, having BTC or an Alt coin, or token and you don't know it's value, how it's platforms operate, how to secure it or navigate the cryptosphere. You'll just have to re-do what you should have done a long time ago which is learning.
Before a child starts working, the child will first creep on all fours and gradually learns to stand and then work. You've got yo go through the process to be a finished product. Being half baked doesn't bring forth the best you can be.
BevNation

Activity: 70
Merit: 19

View Profile
November 05, 2020, 04:10:14 PM

To be frank with you members I'm so backward on concepts of Bitcoin and Bitcointalk that I know, I've got a lot to learn. Reading this post have just made me realize a lot of errors in the ideas I had of the forum so far. I guess I've just got to wipe my slate of knowledge clean and start laying a new foundation and hope I get things right.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: