Bitcoin Forum
June 07, 2024, 12:02:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: The Speed Of Light May Soon Be Possible Through A New Thruster  (Read 301 times)
Cnut237
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1277

View Profile
October 14, 2020, 09:56:07 AM

this means you pass out and die before you reach the sun

When he reaches the sun, we all die:

If we fire a BADecker at near light speed away from us but directly towards the sun, then its huge relativistic mass mrelBADecker would mean the kinetic energy it/he possesses could conceivably be sufficient to blow up the star, and atomise everything out to the orbit of Mars. Frankly I'm starting to think the whole plan is a bit irresponsible.

BADecker - I understand how much you want to fire yourself at light speed into the sun, but the downside is that in doing so you wipe out all life on Earth. I'm afraid we are going to have to abandon the plan.

Accelerating to light-speed from zero, in a 93 million mile distance, takes way longer than 8.6 minutes.
... which suggests an alternative in which we can all survive, and you can travel at light speed, and the sun doesn't explode. You simply need to lose all of your rest mass mrestBADecker ... not most, all. I believe there are slimming shakes that can do this. If you can become massless, then you will travel at light speed. The downside for you is that due to relativistic time dilation, you will no longer experience the passage of time at all - the entire history of the universe from beginning to end will become a single eternal present. A bit like lockdown.

---

quantum mechanics
Permit me another shameless plug for the best thread on the forum [CITATION NEEDED].

Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
October 14, 2020, 12:11:06 PM

You can't shoot at the Sun this way, and expect to hit it, even if it is overhead. You need to shoot at the place where it will have moved to by the time you get there. Accelerating to light-speed from zero, in a 93 million mile distance, takes way longer than 8.6 minutes. And the vectoring and distance changes as you shoot at the place where the Sun will be when you reach light-speed.

Cool
Well, you've just discovered orbital mechanics.
sirazimuth
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 3513

born once atheist

View Profile
October 14, 2020, 01:01:38 PM

~snipped nonsense...probably just trolling~

Cool

Well I see my buddy BADecker is staying busy posting and polluting the bitcoin forum with his
usual plethora of nonsensical posts and threads pushing pseudo-science, debunked myths, ridiculous conspiracy theories, sprinkled with the occasional godswill preaching garbage.
Pretty harmless for most sane folk around here I suppose. Albeit, always good for a laugh or two if not just a simple eye roll.
Just throwing that out there for any noobie lurkers who google bitcoin politics and possibly land here so they won’t think this place is a freaking loonybin.

After all, the FE thread went bye bye, so there is progress.
(I will admit to missing the battyshit crazy posts however....)

Bitcoin...the future of all monetary transactions...and always will be
BADecker (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 1373

View Profile
October 14, 2020, 04:08:20 PM

this means you pass out and die before you reach the sun

When he reaches the sun, we all die:
However, at best that idea is only theory. But it might simply be ramblings of Cnut237. Are you the 237th clone? Or simply the 237th attempt?

If we fire a BADecker at near light speed away from us but directly towards the sun, then its huge relativistic mass mrelBADecker would mean the kinetic energy it/he possesses could conceivably be sufficient to blow up the star, and atomise everything out to the orbit of Mars. Frankly I'm starting to think the whole plan is a bit irresponsible.

BADecker - I understand how much you want to fire yourself at light speed into the sun, but the downside is that in doing so you wipe out all life on Earth. I'm afraid we are going to have to abandon the plan.
That was your idea, not mine... right in the part of your own post you quoted.

Accelerating to light-speed from zero, in a 93 million mile distance, takes way longer than 8.6 minutes.
... which suggests an alternative in which we can all survive, and you can travel at light speed, and the sun doesn't explode. You simply need to lose all of your rest mass mrestBADecker ... not most, all. I believe there are slimming shakes that can do this. If you can become massless, then you will travel at light speed. The downside for you is that due to relativistic time dilation, you will no longer experience the passage of time at all - the entire history of the universe from beginning to end will become a single eternal present. A bit like lockdown.
Sorry, but no survival. Check out average life expectancies. If circumstances change, expectancies might change right along with them.

---

quantum mechanics
Permit me another shameless plug for the best thread on the forum [CITATION NEEDED].

The movement of light particles shows us that there is a whole lot we don't know about quantum. We don't know FOR-A-FACT what is annihilated to get light particles to move at the speed they do.

Cool

Well, you've just discovered orbital mechanics.

You have finally discovered that I read science fiction.

Cool

Well I see my buddy BADecker is staying busy posting and polluting the bitcoin forum with his
usual plethora of nonsensical posts and threads pushing pseudo-science, debunked myths, ridiculous conspiracy theories, sprinkled with the occasional godswill preaching garbage.
Pretty harmless for most sane folk around here I suppose. Albeit, always good for a laugh or two if not just a simple eye roll.
Just throwing that out there for any noobie lurkers who google bitcoin politics and possibly land here so they won’t think this place is a freaking loonybin.

After all, the FE thread went bye bye, so there is progress.
(I will admit to missing the battyshit crazy posts however....)

You're young, yet. If you start to learn things, now, and really start to learn how to think, there is a good chance that you will come up with something worthwhile talking about... in the distant future sometime. If the theories in the OP are developed into reality, and you get on the rocket that goes to Alpha Centauri, Einstein's relativity will make it a far, far, far distant future for those remaining on Earth.

Cool

Cure your cancer at home. Ivermectin, fenbendazole, methylene blue, and hydroxychloroquine (HCQ) are chief among parasite drugs. Find out that all disease is based in parasites or pollution, and what you can easily do about it - https://www.huldaclark.com/, https://thedrardisshow.com/, https://thehighwire.com/.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4242
Merit: 4510

View Profile
October 14, 2020, 08:08:17 PM

Quote from: Cnut237 link=topic=5281416.msg55376874#msg55376874

light particles hit the sun all the time. yes they emit light but they also have light from other starts aimed at it.

a vehicle like a rocket. containing an idiot that full of inert* gas. will just cause a at most a solar flare. not the complete destruction of the sun. thus not damage to earth.
* his brain does not react to fact

so dont cancel badeckers plan. send him.
the vehicle would rip apart before getting to the sun. so its not like it would be a solid single object to cause anything notable

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
October 15, 2020, 12:17:21 AM

a vehicle like a rocket. containing an idiot that full of inert* gas. will just cause a at most a solar flare. not the complete destruction of the sun. thus not damage to earth.

the vehicle would rip apart before getting to the sun. so its not like it would be a solid single object to cause anything notable

Close enough to light speed, a baseball could destroy our Sun.

"not like it would be a solid single object..."

Any object, split into pieces and impacting a large object such as the Earth or our Sun, will cause far more damage in pieces than if a single mass. The radius of destruction on impact is a function of the cube root of the impacting mass, so you can see what it takes to double the radius of destruction.
Cnut237
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1277

View Profile
October 15, 2020, 09:52:45 AM

Indeed. This was my point above.

Travelling at his normal everyday speed, the BADecker effectively obeys classical Newtonian laws... but as he increases speed, the relativistic nature of the universe becomes apparent. Let's visualise (please) a lean, muscular BADecker, a perfect physical specimen... but even then, his mass is high enough to cause a problem.
Basically due to mass-energy equivalence, any object with non-zero mass travelling sufficiently close to light-speed has inconceivably vast kinetic energy and can wreak untold destruction. To accelerate any object with mass to light-speed requires infinite energy... which is why it is impossible (image below: special relativity in red, the classical approximation in pink).

https://newt.phys.unsw.edu.au/einsteinlight/jw/images/totalenergy2.gif

We don't know FOR-A-FACT what is annihilated to get light particles to move at the speed they do.
Light 'particles' (photons) aren't really particles at all, that's just an everyday convenience. Wave-particle duality does not mean that light is both a wave and a particle, rather light (and indeed everything) is a manifestation of the complex interplay of underlying quantum fields... in certain circumstances this appears as 'wave-like' behaviour, in others, 'particle-like'. Indeed mass itself, and its manifestation (the Higgs boson) is simply a field perturbation. Light is massless because photons do not interact with the Higgs field. The only way we can make you massless is to remove your interaction with it. If the Higgs field knocks on your door or calls you on the phone, my advice would be to not answer.

franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4242
Merit: 4510

View Profile
October 15, 2020, 10:18:28 AM

Any object, split into pieces and impacting a large object such as the Earth or our Sun, will cause far more damage in pieces than if a single mass. The radius of destruction on impact is a function of the cube root of the impacting mass, so you can see what it takes to double the radius of destruction.

nope
just like asteroids/space debris 'burning up at re-entry' to earth, the faster you go the sooner you break apart
the even faster you go the faster those smaller parts break up into seperate molecules

the radius of a rocket breaking up into a fog of molecules is not even 0.00001% of the sun surface facing earth. this the 'damage' to the sun is insignificant.
infact the suns corona will obliterate the rocket before even touching the suns surface

all you might see is a small puff of a solar flare, at the very most
its why humans dont worry much about car sized asteroids.
and thats without earth having a massive heat corona

but anyway. point is. badecker would pass out before even leaving the earths atmosphere.. like instant knock out. and would die before passing the moon. and muscles and skin peal off his skin soon after, and then rocket breaks up after that
so i doubt he would even get passed mars in any 'single object'

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
Spendulus
Legendary

View Profile
October 15, 2020, 03:37:06 PM

nope
just like asteroids/space debris 'burning up at re-entry' to earth, the faster you go the sooner you break apart
the even faster you go the faster those smaller parts break up into seperate molecules

the radius of a rocket breaking up into a fog of molecules is not even 0.00001% of the sun surface facing earth. this the 'damage' to the sun is insignificant.
infact the suns corona will obliterate the rocket before even touching the suns surface

You didn't read the thread, so you get an F. The subject is masses moving at close the speed of light and their increased mass due to speed. Maybe you'd like to revise your post taking into account relativist mass increase instead of having me explain it?
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: