Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 12:53:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Where can I get 200 gpus  (Read 404 times)
socialdistance (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 12, 2020, 05:36:09 PM

I need to buy 200 rx 580 8gb Ive been looking up where to buy and it says China but whenever I want to get gpus from chinese providers or manufacturers or reused cards from other mines but I cant find anyone to buy the cards from I looked for help on reddit but they werent helpful so I came here if any of you has any advice or somebody that can help thanks Smiley
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3640
Merit: 2567

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
October 12, 2020, 07:25:07 PM

Not here... Wrong area as this section is for Bitcoin only and GPU's are useless for mining BTC
Asked the mods to move yer post to the correct area

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
Philipma1957cellphone

Activity: 416
Merit: 125

View Profile
October 12, 2020, 07:46:45 PM

I need to buy 200 rx 580 8gb Ive been looking up where to buy and it says China but whenever I want to get gpus from chinese providers or manufacturers or reused cards from other mines but I cant find anyone to buy the cards from I looked for help on reddit but they werent helpful so I came here if any of you has any advice or somebody that can help thanks Smiley

I ASKED mod to move to alt coins. What part of the world are you in.

This is philipma1957 alt. Do not conduct business  with this account
socialdistance (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 12, 2020, 09:58:47 PM

I ASKED mod to move to alt coins. What part of the world are you in.
Mexico
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1718

View Profile
October 13, 2020, 03:32:26 AM

These cards are not in production anymore so you will have problems finding someone to buy them in bulk. Maybe if you got connections with manufactures they can sell your some RMA'd GPUs however this might be hard to source.

My solution is just to go on eBay and just buy some on there. There are still miners who are unloading their GPUs and you can find a few people who might sell you a few dozen here and there. Even right now with ETH almost $400 the profitability isn't all that great for those with 0.10 kwh power. So you should have no problems finding people who just want to liquidate their farm.
JeotQ

Activity: 406
Merit: 14

View Profile
October 13, 2020, 03:54:39 PM

Seriously are you kidding? There are tons of rx570 and rx580 gpus on amazon and newegg from 130$ to 200$ per gpu and some sellers are selling in bulks, don't bother buying from china, use one of these two websites and you will receive your package in few days

safar1980
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1624

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile
October 15, 2020, 04:05:47 PM

Why do you need this old junk, you can buy 5500 XT 8 GB, you will have the same hashrate and 2 times less power consumption.

adaseb
Legendary

View Profile
October 16, 2020, 04:53:33 AM

Why do you need this old junk, you can buy 5500 XT 8 GB, you will have the same hashrate and 2 times less power consumption.

Because they are most likely at less than half the cost of the 5500 XT. Seeing as he is in mexico he probably has very cheap power costs and doesn't care about the consumption. Plus these GPUs since they are 8GB can mine for many years.

When he is done with the GPUs the ones that survive the mining he can always resell to gamers. Most gamers usually buy 2x of the RX 580 GPUs and use it in a crossfire setup and they got a pretty good gaming rig. Much cheaper than going the Nvidia route which is very expensive for gamers.
Sy
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1003

Bounty Detective

View Profile
October 16, 2020, 06:46:10 AM

You will have a hard time finding rx580. The one option you can go for is to try any big distributors near you or on the internet sometimes they have some stock left to sell (be careful of the latter because they sometimes can scam you) but getting 200 cards seems a bit impossible to me.

BOUNTY DETECTIVE

Powered by,
adaseb
Legendary

View Profile
October 17, 2020, 03:33:05 AM

When someone sends a card in for warranty what usually happens with those GPUS? Most of the time if its something simple like a dead fan they replace the fan assembly and send back the GPU.

But if its something more involved they usually at first send the customer another new GPU while they fix that RMA'd GPU. Later what happens to those GPUs? Obviously they need to be sold.

Since they are no longer in production then don't sell them in retail stores however I remember back in 2016 I was able to get a remanufactuered (if that's what its called) R9 290 GPUs from Newegg. The packaging wasn't retail it was some OEM type of box but the GPU worked and everything.

So there is some channel on how you can buy these remanufactured GPUs, I don't think the company just throws them away in the garbage.
DrG
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035

View Profile
October 17, 2020, 06:28:16 AM

When someone sends a card in for warranty what usually happens with those GPUS? Most of the time if its something simple like a dead fan they replace the fan assembly and send back the GPU.

But if its something more involved they usually at first send the customer another new GPU while they fix that RMA'd GPU. Later what happens to those GPUs? Obviously they need to be sold.

Since they are no longer in production then don't sell them in retail stores however I remember back in 2016 I was able to get a remanufactuered (if that's what its called) R9 290 GPUs from Newegg. The packaging wasn't retail it was some OEM type of box but the GPU worked and everything.

So there is some channel on how you can buy these remanufactured GPUs, I don't think the company just throws them away in the garbage.

I live in Southern California and did all my GPU and Motherboard RMAs with the warehouses right here in City of Industry, Rowland Heights, Walnut. XFX is a little further in Ontario and EVGA is in Brea. Most of the time they repair the simple stuff in-house (broken fans, blown caps, damaged port connectors). MSI in Walnut was able to get my 750Ti RMAed in about 15 min - they confirmed the core was dead and then just pulled a new 1050 and issued the new serial on the spot.

The badly damaged stuff goes back to China and is refurbed there. I wish I knew a contact at the refurb depot.
JeotQ

View Profile
October 17, 2020, 07:01:53 AM

Old junks? You mean rx470 and rx5** ? What you don't get is these cards are far more cheaper than 5500 XT series and they produce roughly the same MH/S and even some rx580 variants gives better Hashrates, meaning that rx470 or 480 will bring ROI faster than 5500 XT gpus, it's that simple, do you get that? DYOR mate

JeotQ

View Profile
October 17, 2020, 07:12:34 AM

You will have a hard time finding rx580. The one option you can go for is to try any big distributors near you or on the internet sometimes they have some stock left to sell (be careful of the latter because they sometimes can scam you) but getting 200 cards seems a bit impossible to me.
Sir it's not hard to find rx580 today, they are available on ebay right now and even on amazon and newegg website, maybe I will drop screenshot of good rx580 offers on here then, here you go

You can either bid for the best price or buy direct, there are even some at the range of 120$ per card

Metroid

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
October 17, 2020, 09:09:22 AM
Last edit: October 17, 2020, 03:39:07 PM by Metroid

Funny, thread titles like this is what make scammers happy and because of threads like this scammers are still scamming, in this time and age if the op does not know where to buy gpus then he has serious lack of mental capability and awareness.

Also if you see eth profitability right now, you will see that is more than 50% lower than it was a week ago. So the OP troll if bought the gpus then he probably must be crying right now with those 200 gpus ehhe, the truth is, these trolls never learn anything. OP next time, create a thread and write " Where can I get 200000000000 gpus", trust me that will make you happy hehe.

BTC Address: 1DH4ok85VdFAe47fSVXNVctxkFhUv4ujbR
adaseb
Legendary

View Profile
October 18, 2020, 09:26:11 PM

Funny, thread titles like this is what make scammers happy and because of threads like this scammers are still scamming, in this time and age if the op does not know where to buy gpus then he has serious lack of mental capability and awareness.

Also if you see eth profitability right now, you will see that is more than 50% lower than it was a week ago. So the OP troll if bought the gpus then he probably must be crying right now with those 200 gpus ehhe, the truth is, these trolls never learn anything. OP next time, create a thread and write " Where can I get 200000000000 gpus", trust me that will make you happy hehe.

Yes mining profitability have dropped severely. I think at peak I was making like $2/day/GPU on an old RX 470. And now it's like a quarter a day with the same card.

So people saw that they can make $2 a day with a $75 GPU and figured they can't lose because the ROI is about 2 months and the GPUs itself always hold some value.

Little did they know there is something called difficulty so the more people mine the less coins there is for everybody else and the prices were inflated due to all the DeFI hype last month. I remember people paying something like $50 per transaction just like the good old $20K Dec 2017 Bitcoin transactions.

Now I am pretty sure the OP will move on to other ways of making money in Crypto.
Metroid

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
October 18, 2020, 09:36:40 PM

Yes mining profitability have dropped severely. I think at peak I was making like $2/day/GPU on an old RX 470. And now it's like a quarter a day with the same card.

So people saw that they can make $2 a day with a $75 GPU and figured they can't lose because the ROI is about 2 months and the GPUs itself always hold some value.

Little did they know there is something called difficulty so the more people mine the less coins there is for everybody else and the prices were inflated due to all the DeFI hype last month. I remember people paying something like $50 per transaction just like the good old $20K Dec 2017 Bitcoin transactions.

Now I am pretty sure the OP will move on to other ways of making money in Crypto.

See that is the problem, they dont know anything about mining then they see somebody saying they are earning a lot of money with mining, usually it lasts few days if not hours eheh then you see threads like this then you see why there are so many scammers around, I mean for the guy to come and say i want to buy 200 gpus, that is a green line for scammers, I do think many scammers already sent a private message to this guy and already scammed him hehe. These people are sick. They don't know what means keep a low profile. They want to tell the whole world that they have a lot of money and want to be scammed. The OP clearly wanted to be scammed, sick people.

Profitability highest was $2 for few hours at best 30 mhs, now is around $0.40 cents per 30 mhs per day.

BTC Address: 1DH4ok85VdFAe47fSVXNVctxkFhUv4ujbR
safar1980
Legendary

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile
October 19, 2020, 07:52:30 AM

Because they are most likely at less than half the cost of the 5500 XT. Seeing as he is in mexico he probably has very cheap power costs and doesn't care about the consumption. Plus these GPUs since they are 8GB can mine for many years.

When he is done with the GPUs the ones that survive the mining he can always resell to gamers. Most gamers usually buy 2x of the RX 580 GPUs and use it in a crossfire setup and they got a pretty good gaming rig. Much cheaper than going the Nvidia route which is very expensive for gamers.
Have you tried to buy used equipment after other miners? I will tell you from my own experience that this is not always the best solution. All video cards will have to change thermal pads and thermal paste, but this is just the beginning. Many video cards will fail, not keeping the required frequencies and hash rates. It will take a lot of time to check and flash video cards, and as a result, 20-30% may turn out to be defective (at best).

JeotQ

View Profile
October 19, 2020, 01:01:26 PM

True it's not worth buying cards to mine today, profit have drop compare to weeks ago and the big bad news is Ethereum and Ethereum Classic have announced that they are leaving Ethash Algorithm behind, this is the most profitable Algorithms for RX470 and 580s, buying is a total waste of time, invest your money on coins

safar1980
Legendary

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile
October 20, 2020, 08:43:26 AM

True it's not worth buying cards to mine today, profit have drop compare to weeks ago and the big bad news is Ethereum and Ethereum Classic have announced that they are leaving Ethash Algorithm behind, this is the most profitable Algorithms for RX470 and 580s, buying is a total waste of time, invest your money on coins
When did Ethereum and Ethereum Classic announce this news? According to the simplest calculations, POW mining will still be relevant for at least several years.
But old video cards RX470 and 580 show poor results on new algorithms.

sergioheadache

Activity: 43
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 20, 2020, 10:23:24 AM

I have 16 complete rigs with 13cards each, working right now on ETH,

make a good offer and its all yours.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: