Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 02:05:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Anonymous syndication platform  (Read 127 times)
SyndiPay (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 13, 2020, 03:26:16 AM
Last edit: October 13, 2020, 04:28:59 PM by SyndiPay

Hey all.

I'll admit it -- I'm not an expert on cryptocurrencies. But I know just enough about them to know how great their impact could be on a field that I am more familiar with: journalism.

I'm a journalist myself, and I've noticed a problem within this field; those who have written articles for publication with important information oftentimes raise one primary concern that prevents them from submitting material: anonymity.

When submitting to publications or individual publishers pseudonymously or anonymously, it's important to remember that publications/publishers already have a lot of your information -- first, your email, which is a door for all sorts of additional information that can be obtained by unwelcomed parties, and second, information gathered from payment. If a writer has important information about an individual, scheme or event, they could be in the crosshairs of hostile individuals or groups who want to keep the info under wraps. If others found the true identity of the original author, there can be serious consequences, whether they be through the form of public ostracism, a bogus lawsuit or a genuine threat to life and limb. I personally know writers who have come across this obstacle, many of whom threw in the towel on reporting on important information as a result of the aforementioned problems.

A website that protects the anonymity/pseudonymity of writers by creating an anonymous platform for individuals to submit material to publications or for publishers to commission pieces from writers would greatly increase the amount of bombshell information available to the public. It would be without the need for email registration, of course, or any sort of registration for that matter (except for those wishing to commision work). Without a platform like this, we'll see many, many more writers toss away reports and ideas that could greatly influence the future events of a given field. In addition, payment for work via cryptocurrency would ensure anonymity, allowing writers to rest easy knowing that their information will never be leaked and that they can truthfully and legally report on events that the people deserve to know about.

Anyone from freelance journalists to hardened reporters to YouTubers who want their autobiography written but couldn't write for their lives would benefit from this service.

Now, this might be rather specialized and I know that few would immediately flock to it, but I still think this would be greatly beneficial. I'm not looking to make money off of this project and I simply want to provide a platform that can allow my fellow journalists to confidently get their messages and ideas out to the public. I know authors who would be thrilled to use such a platform -- what about on the crypto side of things? Has there been any interest in using a similar service? Any thoughts, comments or questions are welcome.

Thanks in advance.

P.S. Not sure if this post belongs on this board, so I apologize if I should've posted this somewhere else. Please LMK if this is the case. Thanks again.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SFR10
Legendary

Activity: 2996
Merit: 3428

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2020, 07:11:30 AM

It would be without the need for email registration, of course, or any sort of registration for that matter (except for those wishing to commision work).
How your platform plans to protect the anonymity of those that fall under the category that I highlighted in red [e.g. Government comes knocking at your door]?

In addition, payment for work via cryptocurrency would ensure anonymity,
To an extent, "YES" but not completely.

Has there been any interest in using a similar service?
Not that I'm aware of.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
SyndiPay (OP)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 13, 2020, 07:53:33 AM

It would be without the need for email registration, of course, or any sort of registration for that matter (except for those wishing to commision work).
How your platform plans to protect the anonymity of those that fall under the category that I highlighted in red [e.g. Government comes knocking at your door]?

In addition, payment for work via cryptocurrency would ensure anonymity,
To an extent, "YES" but not completely.

Has there been any interest in using a similar service?
Not that I'm aware of.

Hey SFR10,

Thanks for your reply. Usually, those wishing to commission work are willing to have it published under their name publicly; e.g. publications, individual publishers or those who would like something ghostwritten for them. However, for those who do not fall under this category, I'll be figuring out a way to ensure their anonymity in the coming days and weeks while the site is being created. Updates should hopefully be readily available on the dev Discord (https://discord.gg/HTEVbvU), and I'll bring this to the dev team's attention in the server.

Again, thanks for bringing this up!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: