Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 07:31:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: btc vs ethereum  (Read 2633 times)
Severine

Activity: 58
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2020, 11:43:57 AM

Ethereum has an inbuilt scripting language and you can build a smart contract to carry out all types of functions without the intervention of a trusted third party or central authority and also with the help of its internal cryptocurrency, i.e. ether, nodes can be paid for their processing power in running these decentralized apps, and there is a possibility that these all decentralized organizations might exist in an ether economy.
Naughty Princess

Activity: 952
Merit: 107

View Profile
October 23, 2020, 12:45:34 PM

you can't compare ethereum over bitcoin they have different functions this has been the debate over the years, at the same time like everyone said no one is bigger than bitcoin, it's been years where altcoins are trying to overtake bitcoin, they are always second place.
I agree. They are different coin and no altcoin can bypass the value of bitcoin. Sometimes price varies each other and there is that fluctuates depends on the other. Years passed and getting the highest value from bitcoin is a dream the reason why, always believe  investing on bitcoin. This wont lose the value.

nomenclatur

Activity: 1344
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2020, 01:17:06 PM

ethereum has dominated with thousands of new projects and great to enhance the Performance platform ethereum today eth continue trying to 2.0 but still failed to take up to 2 months to conduct trials for all to succeed takes a long time also for all run perfectly bitcoin always dominant year after year because of their age and the creation of a first bitcoin always dominate in terms of price and trading volume.

█▀▄        ▄▀█
      █ ▄▄▀▄    ▄▀▄▄ █
     █ █  █ ▀▄▄▀ █  █ █
    █ █ █▌ █▄▄▄▄█ ▐█ █ █
   █ █ █ ▐▙▄   ▄▟▌ █ █ █
  █ █ █  ▄ ▀▀  ▀▀ ▄  █ █ █
 █ █ █ █▀▀▀▄▄▐▌▄▄▀▀▀█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █     ▄▀▀▄     █ █ █ █
 █ █ █ █    ▀▄▄▄    █ █ █ █
  █ █ █ █   ▄   █  █ █ █ █
   █ █ █ █   ▀█▀  █ █ █ █
    █ █ █ █      █ █ █ █
     █ █ █        █ █ █
      █ █ █      █ █ █
       █ █        █ █
        █ █      █ █
         █        █
E S C R O W
P R O T O C O L
█▀▀▀

▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████
GLOBAL INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT PLATFORM 
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
    ▎
   ▐▌
   ██
   ██

██
   ██
   ██
  ████
▄██████▄
█████
 ▀▀██▀▀
  ████
 ██████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram 
Facebook  ⚒
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
  █▒▒▒ █▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█
     ▀▀ █▒▒██████▒▒▒▒█
        █▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒█
     █▒▒███████▒▒▒█
  █▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒ █
█▒▒▒▒████████████
█▒▒▒▀▒▒ ▀▄▒▒▒▒▒▒▒ ▀▄
   █▒▒▒▒▒█▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒  █
     ███████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Youtube
⚒  Twitter
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀█

▀▀▀
btc78

Activity: 2506
Merit: 212

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
October 23, 2020, 01:27:54 PM

bitcoin is techically more superior then ETH ,yes but the use cases are bigger for etheruem now!

real utility for ETH ARE BIGGER.

ETH: defi, icos, dapps, stable coins.
also the very good liquitity !!

BITCOIN ?

yes you can buy thigns with btc but so you can do with ETH.

I don't care about the comparison since i am willing to use Bitcoin as investment material,so in any reason i will still Buy and Hold(if having opportunity to sell in high value then be it) even years may pass.
because for me there is no real and perfect crypto than Bitcoin(lol this is my opinion please respect it)
Anyway even we can buy things in Ethereum but still limited than what bitcoin can.

TWW

Activity: 1456
Merit: 109

View Profile
October 23, 2020, 01:59:10 PM

ethereum has dominated with thousands of new projects and great to enhance the Performance platform ethereum today eth continue trying to 2.0 but still failed to take up to 2 months to conduct trials for all to succeed takes a long time also for all run perfectly bitcoin always dominant year after year because of their age and the creation of a first bitcoin always dominate in terms of price and trading volume.
Ethereum's growth is still affected by the dominance of BTC in the market. Even with thousands of projects supporting the growing Ethereum market as you said, the awaited update to become a major update is still not ready. We still have to wait for how ethereum succeeds or fails with its updates.
asrafkhairulazzam22

Activity: 574
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 23, 2020, 03:21:05 PM

Btc vs ethereum
Of course each has a comparison. Bitcoin is a store of value and a way to send money to someone. Whereas Ethereum is a way to send money to someone but only when certain things happen.
 transactions to ethereum usually only take a few seconds. Meanwhile, Bitcoin is a matter of minutes.

Debonaire217

Activity: 644
Merit: 364

In Code We Trust

View Profile
October 23, 2020, 03:32:16 PM

I can believe some of your statements OP, Ethereum is actually dominating bitcoin in terms of its use case. But if we are going to look at more broader view, it is Bitcoin that started the cryptocurrency revolution, Vitalik was deeply inspired by Bitcoin way back before when he was just writing articles in exchange for BTC. The idea that we can get here is not a technical use case, but the capability of bitcoin to start and motivate the greatest innovators to create use case that improves the quality of transactions and eventually, to make the lives of people easier.
bitnote200

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 25, 2020, 04:57:26 PM
Last edit: October 25, 2020, 05:53:06 PM by bitnote200

Tongue
bitnote200

Activity: 2

View Profile
October 25, 2020, 05:50:30 PM

I don't know why you like that coin so much, but for me it's mafia crypto..
fraud coins always born from ETH...

why this shitcoins so easy listed on big exchange ??
cos backed this shit is whales who loss in battle since 2017 till now..

why legit project is hard to listed any exchange ??
shitcoins always play the money "Lobbying" any founder the exchanges

what are the consequences for the exchange??
the exchange will loss of trust from peoples ,but who cares about those people, mindset founder the exchanges number 1 is money.
after no one players are come,.solution the problem is GOT HACKED "exit scam" old reason Cheesy
BUT build the trust is very hard, remeber this !!
Anonymous100

Activity: 423
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 25, 2020, 09:33:14 PM

bitcoin is techically more superior then ETH ,yes but the use cases are bigger for etheruem now!

BITCOIN ?

Indeed, the use of the Ethereum platform is higher than Bitcoin. Ethereum has smart contracts for creating tokens. Especially at this time with the popularity of DeFi. However, many scammers also occur due to the Ethereum platform. Isn't this a bad thing for crypto users?

⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣     C O M B O     ⬣    ⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣    ⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣⬣
A leading provider of scaling solutions for Web3 game developers
|      Twitter      |    Telegram    |     Discord     |     Medium     |      GitHub      |
Boov

Activity: 868
Merit: 256

View Profile
October 26, 2020, 01:39:53 AM

For now Bitcoin and ETH are the most popular coins, so I think they will continue to be comparisons between one another and will be the choice of crypto users. When compared, each of them still has advantages and disadvantages, back again to the interests and functions that we will use.

Yes both cryptocurrency were popular amongst any other cryptocurrency existed. Both crypto have proved how worth it to invest, the team behind these coins were doing well to prove how really good it is to invest in this two crypto. But for me, i couldn't compare ETH to Bitcoin. Why? First and foremost the value of ETH in the market was incomparable  to the market value of Bitcoin. Second, among the two crypto i am surely that investors would better choose bitcoin rath than ethereum.
baiwei

Activity: 541

View Profile
October 26, 2020, 01:51:03 AM

Both Btc and Eth networks are work effective and differently with respect to their overall aims. Because bitcoin was created as an alternative to national currencies and thus aspires to be a medium of exchange and a store of value, while Ethereum was intended as a platform to facilitate immutable programmatic contracts and applications, via it's own currency.
Godwinpaul

Activity: 276

View Profile
October 26, 2020, 04:45:06 AM

In my opinion, bitcoin and ethereum are on different path and comparing them based on this basis is not healthy. Bitcoin is doing so well, serving as a digital currency and its acceptance in the world is growing daily and more persons are beginning to appreciate its use case. Ethereum on the other hand has made substantial impact in the smart contract industry and several use case has emerged in this strength.

I believe both ethereum and Bitcoin are doing just fine in their respective area and I'm glad that more people are getting to know them for their worthy impact in the cryptocurrency space.
solomine

Activity: 34

View Profile
October 26, 2020, 05:28:58 AM

when the future may change battlefiled of alts becouse of some breakthroughs in real usecases you may save and get more in any case by using methods like using strategy as crypto deposit a structured one offered by gekkoin company also need some research what alts to keep in your basket generally to reduce risk
affandi

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 26, 2020, 05:59:55 AM

bitcoin is the parent of altcoin, it was created as a digital currency and competes with fiat. its existence has earned the trust of its holders, but nowadays many people are using bitcoin as an investment.
ethereum, I like this token. its arrival in the crypto room has created a new color, through the smart contract created many new altcoins / tokens to compete in the crypto space. But unfortunately, a lot of people are taking advantage of Ethereum smart contracts to create scam altcoins (sadly). but I still like both and it is neatly stored in my wallet.
Chramichsw

Activity: 45

View Profile
October 26, 2020, 07:49:54 AM

These are two completely different coins with completely different goals in the given market.

Bitcoin was created with the aim of perfect saving of own funds.

Ether was created for fast payments, transactions and the creation of smart contracts.

Therefore, there is no point in comparing these two coins.
Saisher

Activity: 2310
Merit: 175

View Profile
October 26, 2020, 07:52:07 AM

BITCOIN ?

It's a question of decentralization and centralization, Cryptocurrency is all about decentralization and anonymity, people embraces Cryptocurrency because of decentralization and anonymity, and this is the biggest edge of Bitcoin and this is one of thing that stopped Ethereum and other coin/token, to surpass Bitcoin supremacy or even up.
gamer4156

Activity: 1008

View Profile
October 26, 2020, 08:12:55 AM

Ethereum is the most potential altcoin yet it's false decentralized like Bitcoin. The Ethereum group could make an effect available. I realize Ethereum is where anybody can convey token or dispatch DeFi. Yet, it will consider as an altcoin, however bitcoin is a crypto coin and it will consider as a mother coin consistently. Bitcoin cleaned everything and that is what you're lauding now with Ethereum, it's all a direct result of bitcoin why it had gone up to that point.
longyenthanh

Activity: 1221

View Profile
October 26, 2020, 08:20:03 AM

BITCOIN ?

It's a question of decentralization and centralization, Cryptocurrency is all about decentralization and anonymity, people embraces Cryptocurrency because of decentralization and anonymity, and this is the biggest edge of Bitcoin and this is one of thing that stopped Ethereum and other coin/token, to surpass Bitcoin supremacy or even up.

I don't understand the point in your post.  Roll Eyes
After all, Bitcoin and Ethereum blockchains are decentralized. They differ only technically.
In my opinion, Ethereum has more potential, but Bitcoin is still more recognizable and therefore has more confidence among investors in the general market.
This situation may change over time, but it takes more education for people to see what the difference is.

▄▄███▄    ▄███▄▄
     ▄▀▀    █    █    ▀▀▄
    ██    ▄▄▀    ▀▄▄    ██
    ▀▄▄▄█▀▀        ▀▀█▄▄▄▀
  ▄▄█▀█▄              ▄█▀█▄▄
▄█▀     ▀▀█▄     ▄▄█▀▀     ▀█▄
██          ▀█▄▄█▀          ██
▀█▄     ▄▄▄█▀▀  ▀▀▀▄▄▄     ▄█▀
  ▀█▄▄▄▀▀            ▀▀▄▄▄█▀
   █▀▀▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▀▀█
   ██  ▀▀▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▀  ██
    ▀▄     █      █     ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▀      ▀▄▄▄▀▀
cogwise
  ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
Hyper-charge your trading with intelligent insights   ▄
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █

█
█  █
  █
█  █
  █
█  █
  ▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀

▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
█████  ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▀███████
█████  █████  ██▄▀█████
█████  █▀▀██▄▄▄▄  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████

█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  █▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█  █████
█████  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀

Yudhisthir

Activity: 1055
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 26, 2020, 09:11:01 AM

Undoubtedly Ethereum has more use case and potential adoption in the future but still bitcoin would be the safest bet if you are into earning profit in your investment. Bitcoin has a limited supply and about 90% of it is already in circulation that makes it a rare coin. With so many business and people buying and holding bitcoin, we could soon expect another bull run led by bitcoin. Ethereum too would rise but as they have still no-limit supply and the coin keeps circulating than being froze or hold, their rise would be a smaller one.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: