Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:43:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Second wave of Covid-19 in Europe, Lockdown? Is this possible?  (Read 509 times)
gagux123 (OP)

Activity: 1554
Merit: 806

The Alliance Of Bitcointalk Translators - ENG>POR

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2020, 03:23:15 AM

Hello guys,
So, I'm from Brazil and one thing that is worrying me a lot today is about a possible second wave of coronavirus in Europe.

I am currently seeing in some news reports the huge increase that is happening of people being infected with Coronavirus in several countries in Europe, and some people speak of Lockdown in Europe.
In Brazil, we are still in the "first wave", we have many infected, but we are returning with our activities, even if slowly.

I would like to know from you users who live in Europe, what is the real situation in Europe? Is a new lockdown possible? Second wave?

Thank you!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Arrrvin

Activity: 1148
Merit: 47

View Profile
October 14, 2020, 03:37:32 PM

Hello guys,
So, I'm from Brazil and one thing that is worrying me a lot today is about a possible second wave of coronavirus in Europe.

I am currently seeing in some news reports the huge increase that is happening of people being infected with Coronavirus in several countries in Europe, and some people speak of Lockdown in Europe.
In Brazil, we are still in the "first wave", we have many infected, but we are returning with our activities, even if slowly.

I would like to know from you users who live in Europe, what is the real situation in Europe? Is a new lockdown possible? Second wave?

Thank you!

Corona figures and measures differ per country in Europe. The Corona figures, as also the measures, in the Netherlands have increased again. And if the figures keep increasing the measures will increase also. But I don't know how far the situation in the Netherlands can be compared to that in Brasil.
CryptocurencyKing

Activity: 1288
Merit: 504

View Profile
October 14, 2020, 07:22:52 PM

The recent resurgence of coronavirus has been a rather disturbing news for citizens of the world following the many set backs and inconveniences the first wave surfaced with and with government of nations not fully prepared, vaccines still yet to be prepared, everyone is on the look out on the actionable activities that would be set in motion to control it's spread.
Well, I may not be from Europe but, the possibility of a further lockdown is hardly going to be the active measure of this second wave. Following the fact that, a lot has been taken from almost all the economies of the world to finance a lot of programed that kept the pandemic in check. My best guess is going to be limited movement and mandatory wearing of nose mask just as Italy has done.
Darkelf11

Activity: 509
Merit: 43

View Profile
October 28, 2020, 07:50:17 AM

I am not a citizen of Europe but in case that the second wave of Co-vid 19 appears, locking down the most affected city or region is necessary. There are too many deaths already and our health sector always do their job to eliminate the spread of the virus. Now that we're having the second wave of this harmful virus, for sure, government will not hesitate to execute their plans regarding Co-vid 19.
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 2449

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2020, 08:38:26 AM

This is entirely predictable. Covid is a ;flu type virus, and based on many decades of information, infections tend to rise in the winter period. This follows the summer when most people are  building immunity by getting out in the sun, and eating prawns and other immune boosting foods. Of course the in the severity of Covid meant that the government had to take steps to reduce this immunity building, and so they introduced the lockdowns and other measures to help the virus spread later. They have also increased testing by about 30x, and the surprise is that the reports of the spreading of immunity ( some call this infection) is not higher, Some virologists are estimating that 6%-80% of the UK population has developed natural immunity. The good news is that ICU admissions and Covid related deaths are down, despite the reported rise in the spread of immunity.

People are starting to realise how weak this virus is, and to rebel against the measures designed to help the bankers and the globalists, and it could well lead to a major shift in political power with any luck.
Lucius
Legendary

Activity: 3220
Merit: 5628

Blackjack.fun-Free Raffle-Join&Win $50🎲

View Profile WWW
October 28, 2020, 04:03:10 PM

I can only say that this second wave is so strong that it cannot be compared at all with the first. The numbers are frightening and most countries have x10 more infected than in the first wave, and winter has not even begun. Some countries have already introduced lockdown (Slovenia, Ireland, Wales ...), and I think that if this continues, there will be no other option but to combat the virus in this way. A few days ago, the German Chancellor stated in a closed meeting that the situation is spiraling out of control, and that is not far from the truth.

The EU will pay dearly for relaxing completely in the summer months, now many see that it was a big mistake.

https://www.euronews.com/2020/10/17/covid-19-restrictions-tighten-further-in-europe-amid-second-wave-of-infections
MissionPhailed

Activity: 583
Merit: 503

View Profile
October 29, 2020, 07:20:17 PM

As a resident of The Netherlands I can say there's probably a grim winter ahead of us, and this is probably the case in most other European countries as well. There's a partial lockdown here currently; people still go to school and work, but cafes and restaurants are closed and remain so until at least december. Unemployment is rising, businesses drop like flies, and unrest is on the increase in society. With few places to go to and with wet and dark weather outside, the decline of mental health is certainly a concern. A total lockdown could follow in the coming weeks, especially if rate of infections doesn't go down quickly.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4200
Merit: 4442

View Profile
October 30, 2020, 03:47:40 AM

most countries will 100% go into lockdown if they are within 2 weeks of having majority of their hospitals overflow with patients. they 100% need to prevent that

some countries will try to find the balance of some social activity but not enough to cause a surge in cases per week turning up to hospital

if people actually respected social distancing and wearing a mask. the percentage of infections vs hospitalisations can change in favour of having more infections acceptable with low hospitalisation. meaning alot more time before hospitals start to fill up

a few silly idiots think they need to organise close contact gatherings on-mass and pass infection with high dose. but this is definitely a bad tactic that results in more hospitalisations quickly

put it this way. a community with no respect for personal space, no protections would have 100 infected and 80 with mild symptoms and 40 with severe symptoms
but respect personal space, wear protection them 100 infected would be 40 mild 20 with severe
but respect personal space, limit gatherings to under 20. . 20 infected would be 5 mild and 2 severe

as you can see the difference of 40 severe vs 2 severe means 20x less pressure on hospitals thus less chance of ever overloading hospitals with patients

basically dont expect football stadiums to have thousands of audiences anytime soon. stick to watching it on TV and keep safe
LTU_btc
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1330

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
November 01, 2020, 09:42:04 PM

Seems that more and more countries are going into lockdown. I'm not sure that's right decision. Yeah, lockdown will reduce spread of virus, but won't stop it. And I'm not sure that lockdown is solution. Virus is here to stay and we should learn how to live with it. We can't live in lockdown until vaccine will be made. There is no guarantee that safe, working and effective vaccine will be found after all. Also, emotional health of people is another big problem. People are tired to live in uncertainty when you don't know what will happen tomorrow, all these restrictions, fears and etc. I'm not even talking about economy killed by complete lockdowns.
During first lockdown in country between March and end of May there was little over 1000 total cases, but everything was closed and people were in fear. Now we having 1000 DAILY cases, but most people aren't in panic and trying to live normal life. But seems that ur government are planning to make anther lockdown :/...
There is some countries which are handling Covid-19 very well and there is no second wave - Australia, New Zealand, China.
Also, interesting thing from Slovakia, they are testing entire population of country:
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-54747022
I thought that such intensive testing isn't possible. Interesting what results it will give and maybe other countries will follow this example.
Iced

Activity: 627
Merit: 208

Belgian based crypto-enthusiast

View Profile
November 02, 2020, 03:31:59 PM

There is some countries which are handling Covid-19 very well and there is no second wave - Australia, New Zealand, China.

Because the population of those countries are following the strict measures. For instance Belgium, we've got measures, but as a Belgian, I know that most of the population isn't following this strictly.

So measures will only work if the following-up is ok.
badshahg

Activity: 574
Merit: 12

View Profile
November 04, 2020, 03:01:00 PM

This is entirely predictable. Covid is a ;flu type virus, and based on many decades of information, infections tend to rise in the winter period. This follows the summer when most people are  building immunity by getting out in the sun, and eating prawns and other immune boosting foods. Of course the in the severity of Covid meant that the government had to take steps to reduce this immunity building, and so they introduced the lockdowns and other measures to help the virus spread later. They have also increased testing by about 30x, and the surprise is that the reports of the spreading of immunity ( some call this infection) is not higher, Some virologists are estimating that 6%-80% of the UK population has developed natural immunity. The good news is that ICU admissions and Covid related deaths are down, despite the reported rise in the spread of immunity.

People are starting to realise how weak this virus is, and to rebel against the measures designed to help the bankers and the globalists, and it could well lead to a major shift in political power with any luck.

But everyone is frightening us that covid-19 is a very dangerous disease in which a person can't even take care of himself as soon as he dies. I don't know where he is going. They will be eliminated and will be replaced by rbots
Lucius
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 06, 2020, 03:21:15 PM

most countries will 100% go into lockdown if they are within 2 weeks of having majority of their hospitals overflow with patients. they 100% need to prevent that

I just read in the local newspaper that the situation in Poland is so bad that patients wait up to 15 hours for admission to the hospital, and that they are starting to turn stadiums into hospitals.  Problem is actually the lack of professional medical staff who should take care of such patients.

As the entire health care system focuses on Covid-19 patients, the number of those unable to get help for their medical problems is increasing every day. Although the virus takes lives, those who die from various forms of cancer, heart disease and other serious conditions are far greater and will only increase. This means that the virus also kills indirectly because it does not allow the health system to function.

a few silly idiots think they need to organise close contact gatherings on-mass and pass infection with high dose. but this is definitely a bad tactic that results in more hospitalisations quickly

I have already written in one thread that I would exclude those who do not adhere to the regulations and intentionally spread the virus from health care. You want to live as if nothing is happening, you don't want to wear a mask and disinfect your hands - no problem, when you get sick stay at home and heal yourself.
xenon131

Activity: 487
Merit: 1259

View Profile
November 07, 2020, 04:27:10 PM

Meanwhile China has around 30 cases per day. Do they have secret weapon in fighting against Covid-19? It's a bit strange  for me that disease originated   from China is actually stopped in this country. Either they have better discipline to follow the rules or have already found countermeasures against virus. Where is the truth?
LTU_btc
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1330

Slava Ukraini!

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2020, 10:49:24 PM
Merited by Lucius (1)

Because the population of those countries are following the strict measures. For instance Belgium, we've got measures, but as a Belgian, I know that most of the population isn't following this strictly.

I don't think it's all society. Governments role is huge there, and IMO, here in Europe most governments have no idea what they are doing, same applies to USA. Their decisions is so chaotic, changing almost everyday, often they react too late and make wrong decsions.
While it seems that some countries found working methods how to deal with pandemic, they are following it strictly and not coppying blindly what other countries are doing.

Meanwhile China has around 30 cases per day. Do they have secret weapon in fighting against Covid-19? It's a bit strange  for me that disease originated   from China is actually stopped in this country. Either they have better discipline to follow the rules or have already found countermeasures against virus. Where is the truth?
This is one article which explains how they managed to beat virus:
https://www.businessinsider.com/coronavirus-china-back-to-normal-us-europe-struggle-2020-10
One thing is intensive testing. Now when they find some infected people in certain city, then they test all people living in that city. And when it comes to China, we're talking about millions living in every city.
Another thing is control of people, what let them to track contacts very well. When you want to enter shop, office or other public places, you must generate green QR codfe using app on your phone. If you get yellow or red, you can't enter because it means that you had close contact with infected person and you must go into isolation:
https://www.wired.co.uk/article/china-coronavirus-health-code-qr
There is some more countries which are doing very well and have just 1-2 daily new cases, like Vietnam, Taiwan, New Zealand. Taiwan have just less than 600 total cases what is impressive
xenon131

Activity: 487
Merit: 1259

View Profile
November 09, 2020, 09:59:21 AM

I don't think it's all society. Governments role is huge there, and IMO, here in Europe most governments have no idea what they are doing, same applies to USA. Their decisions is so chaotic, changing almost everyday, often they react too late and make wrong decsions.
While it seems that some countries found working methods how to deal with pandemic, they are following it strictly and not coppying blindly what other countries are doing.

Meanwhile China has around 30 cases per day. Do they have secret weapon in fighting against Covid-19? It's a bit strange  for me that disease originated   from China is actually stopped in this country. Either they have better discipline to follow the rules or have already found countermeasures against virus. Where is the truth?
This is one article which explains how they managed to beat virus:
https://www.businessinsider.com/coronavirus-china-back-to-normal-us-europe-struggle-2020-10
One thing is intensive testing. Now when they find some infected people in certain city, then they test all people living in that city. And when it comes to China, we're talking about millions living in every city.
Another thing is control of people, what let them to track contacts very well. When you want to enter shop, office or other public places, you must generate green QR codfe using app on your phone. If you get yellow or red, you can't enter because it means that you had close contact with infected person and you must go into isolation:
https://www.wired.co.uk/article/china-coronavirus-health-code-qr
There is some more countries which are doing very well and have just 1-2 daily new cases, like Vietnam, Taiwan, New Zealand. Taiwan have just less than 600 total cases what is impressive

Don't know if that's true but rumors are if coronovirus gets into the body it will last there forever like HIV, no cure possible. The things are aggravated by mutation, the Norway case with minks prove that. If all that is true, humanity will have to adapt to new realities or  move to Mars together  with Musk.
Lucius
Legendary

View Profile WWW
November 09, 2020, 02:44:21 PM

Meanwhile China has around 30 cases per day. Do they have secret weapon in fighting against Covid-19? It's a bit strange  for me that disease originated   from China is actually stopped in this country. Either they have better discipline to follow the rules or have already found countermeasures against virus. Where is the truth?

In addition to all that the LTU_btc has written, I would add that China is ruled by a discipline that is difficult for the West to understand - and this mainly stems from the fact that the Communist Party does not seek consensus, does not ask for opinions but acts very quickly and efficiently. A few days ago I saw a video of nightlife at the epicenter of the infection (Wuhan) and people live quite normally as if nothing had happened. Testing is key, and Western countries test only those who have symptoms - asymptomatic carriers spread the virus without even knowing they are infected.

https://www.france24.com/en/video/20201102-life-back-to-normal-in-wuhan-once-the-disease-epicentre
bakasabo
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1177

View Profile
November 09, 2020, 02:55:21 PM

On the second wave Europe reacts with more strict rules during emergency situation, but not with lockdown (I mean like total lockdown, that one that was in Chine in the beginning for example). Even though that there was announce that "Pfizer’s Early Data Shows Vaccine Is More Than 90% Effective" (announced right after US elections end. Do you think this is connected?), due to lack of strict discipline Europeans will still be under the risk for months..
Smartvirus
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1108

View Profile
November 13, 2020, 01:37:14 PM

In course of this pandemic, lockdown became the last resort as it offered one of the best ways of controlling the spread but it's effect on the economy made it a strategy only sort out for when the need for a lockdown is just inevitable. Europe seems to be topping the charts in the second wave of the pandemic and as such, lockdown has already been implemented for a week sometime last month and then, only essential service centers were allowed to offer their services.
This in turn pose a great difficulty for petty and small scale business owners. This is just a way of ensuring that a total lockdown is not resulted not because it's not effective but, to avoid a total lockdown as best as possible.
Renampun

Activity: 2282
Merit: 362

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile WWW
November 14, 2020, 07:39:24 PM

On the second wave Europe reacts with more strict rules during emergency situation, but not with lockdown (I mean like total lockdown, that one that was in Chine in the beginning for example). Even though that there was announce that "Pfizer’s Early Data Shows Vaccine Is More Than 90% Effective" (announced right after US elections end. Do you think this is connected?), due to lack of strict discipline Europeans will still be under the risk for months..
I think it's not only Europeans who lack discipline but also other developing countries such as Asia and Latin America...
I saw on the news that the lockdown this time was not strict, it said it was a 'half lockdown' on Europe and closed businesses is only that could potentially create a crowd. Hope the vaccine will be fixed quickly.
Lucius
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2020, 02:47:46 PM

xenon131, if we do not go into conspiracy theories that the virus was made in China and that they already had everything ready to fight it successfully - then it is more than evident that communism is very effective when it comes to discipline. Of course, this discipline stems from the fear for life and the suffering to which those who do not act in accordance with the commandments are exposed.

On the other hand, some Western democracies have trouble getting people to wear masks at all - and some are protesting because they say it violates their human freedoms. Keeping these freedoms has led the EU to face an absolute state of chaos when it comes to the virus in the second wave, so now all hopes are on vaccines that again cannot be said to be truly safe, especially in the long run.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: