Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:21:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Nefario is not very Communicative Employer[CLOSED]  (Read 4868 times)
kiba (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1014

View Profile
April 02, 2011, 02:54:05 AM
Last edit: April 02, 2011, 03:19:16 AM by kiba

Well, this is not the most pleasant thing to wake up to. I would think that this sort of thing should be dealt with in private(not airing your dirty laundry in public sort of thing), but since it's been brought out into the open then I guess we'll have to deal with it that way.

I apologize for my complusion to air this thing in public. I guess this job left me a bad taste in my mouth.

Kiba, Chill, what I pm'd you was meant as advice, something you could use to reflect on, and use to make some self improvements. I hadn't complained to anyone about you. Do you think I'm like some fat executive hanging out in a boardroom with others, smoking cigars while we laugh and crack jokes about our underlings at their expense?

I'm just some person on a crappy, tiny, laptop in China who teaches English for a living. Trying my best to get something done. If I wanted to badmouth you I would have written a public post on the forum to air those things I sent you in the pm.

You need to COMMUNICATE with me if there's an issue with my work.

You can't say "Oh, yeah...that's guy not autonomous, unenthusiastic about work, only care about the money and not the job" in your advice.

I only worked for one week and did the job correctly and accordingly to deadline. I got paid for it and there was no complaint. That is what I know.

You thought my dislike for fossil as "lack of enthusiasm". However, you forget that it was textual information. You don't know what I think. That's bad.

I seem to not be in contact with genjix or with any other employees. That's also a big problem right here.

I'm just some person on a crappy, tiny, laptop in China who teaches English for a living. Trying my best to get something done. If I wanted to badmouth you I would have written a public post on the forum to air those things I sent you in the pm.

You're my boss, not a Chinese guy who teach English. You're responsible for making things run on time and making sure everyone is on the same page.

Similarly, I am not "kiba", but your employee. I can't help you if you don't communicate.  If my clients or employer said I did bad work, my reputation is the one that's getting chopped. You got an ISSUE with me, you let me know ASAP.

I don't even know that genjix was someone I was supposed to report to.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Nefario

Activity: 602
Merit: 512

GLBSE Support support@glbse.com

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2011, 03:43:57 AM

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

Well, this is not the most pleasant thing to wake up to. I would think that this sort of thing should be dealt with in private(not airing your dirty laundry in public sort of thing), but since it's been brought out into the open then I guess we'll have to deal with it that way.

I apologize for my complusion to air this thing in public. I guess this job left me a bad taste in my mouth.

Kiba, Chill, what I pm'd you was meant as advice, something you could use to reflect on, and use to make some self improvements. I hadn't complained to anyone about you. Do you think I'm like some fat executive hanging out in a boardroom with others, smoking cigars while we laugh and crack jokes about our underlings at their expense?

You need to COMMUNICATE with me if there's an issue with my work.

You can't say "Oh, yeah...that's guy not autonomous, unenthusiastic about work, only care about the money and not the job" in your advice.

I only worked for one week and did the job correctly and accordingly to deadline. That is what I know.

You thought my dislike for fossil as "lack of enthusiasm". However, you forget that it was textual information. You don't know what I think. That's bad.

I seem to not be in contact with genjix or with any other employees. That's also a big problem right here.

You're my boss, not a Chinese guy who teach English. You're responsible for making things run on time and making sure everyone is on the same page.

Similarly, I am not "kiba", but your employee. I can't help you if you don't communicate.  If my clients or employer said I did bad work, my reputation is the one that's getting chopped. You got an ISSUE with me, you let me know ASAP.

I don't even know that genjix was someone I was supposed to report to.

You keep changing your post, so I'm quoting you and signing my post.

Allow me to COMMUNICATE this: your role/position/job disappeared when the project changed. .I have no use for a relatively inexperienced Ruby developer that doesn't understand Public Key cryptography in a Python project that uses it heavily. Ryland is in the same boat to a certain extent (although he understands public key cryptography, and had the chance to work with genjix).

It's unfortunate but that happens.

I had just hired you, it's not like we have been working together for years and suddenly you changed, if I don't like the way you do things(no response for days, trying to get me to promise that you would have a job longer than what I had said, telling me how I should spend my companies money etc.) then it's up to me whether to continue working with you or not.

I didn't like your attitude, and spending a few days working with you was more than enough for me to conclude that our business relationship had come to an end. I'm not your personal coach, and have tried to be as non-confrontational about it as possible, I gave you feedback so you could use it, not post it all over the forum, continuing to beat a dead horse.

What do you want? what are you trying to achieve?
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v2.0.16 (MingW32)
Comment: Use GnuPG with Firefox : http://getfiregpg.org (Version: 0.Cool

iQEcBAEBAgAGBQJNlptNAAoJECjdSeKmj0t8rpEH/0eIBoStvGa9P4V6A+mLX3mw
BOfqZd+b6vCwlgDRbE1dfjASD0cllyt/Ajnqoizl3VVLMKPltSc2gCGvTiYU645Q
mCP1F1xRyTc8buoXxSbyuoVvOKaQJmeNgM4z9JZEs94S202KhVY0EQFic4BrwfNB
QBhL98uotcgmQf/SurU4sD+mJelzlYoRKpuAT//DKyOTMPcrR0ltwwar2EWuqsBF
P4F5h9OIcoZJtrPjocCHmmonXFSabsTnDP/Ycll/BqLKiLDPyjpAlaXTUcU2tcwr
+Gn8zlsTaLAbzV/Yvr/ZJWbCTqXdBgSh+JeycNzQqddmgyL+xYfz6HoFDBSU0F0=
=BLKV
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

PGP key id at pgp.mit.edu 0xA68F4B7C

To get help and support for GLBSE please email support@glbse.com
Ryland R. Taylor-Almanza
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 02, 2011, 03:54:17 AM

Fool. I PM'ed you to ask if you want to help out. You replied then did nothing.

Your loss.

Don't know about Kiba but I suspect the same.

Are you both 12? I guess you're only good for making crappy forum posts attacking people rather than taking the initiative to write useful code. Not here to be your parent. In the future if you want to work on the net, you have to be pro-active and self-directed.
First of all, I'm not trying to attack anyone. I was just confused, and when Kiba brought this up, I thought I might as well tell him my experience and ask if he knew anything about it. Also, I replied to your message and wasn't aware I got a reply back. I just went through my messages and found it. I'm not sure how I managed to miss it, but I guess that is kind of my loss. I should have been more thorough when I checked my messages. Sad Anyway, thanks for hiring me in the first place, and for paying me for what I did do. Again, I'm not mad at anyone. And if theres no room in the project for me anymore, that's fine. I was just curious as to what was happening, and upon more thorough examination, I realize it's my fault anyway. However, if you do find more room in the project, let me know. Ruby may not be my thing, but I'm great with python. It's the main language I use to program.

Edit: By the way, are you male or female? I know your profile says female, but I haven't seen anyone refer to you as a she.

.BITSLER.                 ▄███
               ▄████▀
             ▄████▀
           ▄████▀  ▄██▄
         ▄████▀    ▀████▄
       ▄████▀        ▀████▄
     ▄████▀            ▀████▄
   ▄████▀                ▀████▄
 ▄████▀ ▄████▄      ▄████▄ ▀████▄
█████   ██████      ██████   █████
 ▀████▄ ▀████▀      ▀████▀ ▄████▀
   ▀████▄                ▄████▀
     ▀████▄            ▄████▀
       ▀████▄        ▄████▀
         ▀████▄    ▄████▀
           ▀████▄▄████▀
             ▀██████▀
               ▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄            
▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀    ▄▄█▄▄ ▀▀▄         
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄      
█  ▀▄▄  ▀█▀▀ ▄      ▀████   ▀▀▄   
█ █▄  ▀▄   ▀████       ▀▀ ▄██▄ ▀▀▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█  ▀▀       ▀▄▄ ▀████      ▄▄▄▀▀▀  █
█            ▄ ▀▄    ▄▄▄▀▀▀   ▄▄  █
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█ ▄▄   ███   ▀██  █           ▀▀  █ 
█ ███  ▀██       █        ▄▄      █ 
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  
▀▄            █        ▀▀      █  
▀▀▄   ███▄  █   ▄▄          █   
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    
▀▀▄   █   ▀▀▄▄▄▀▀▀         
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▀▀▀▀              
              ▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄▄████████████████▄▄
        ▄██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄
▄     ▄█████▀             ▀█████▄
██▄▄ █████▀                ▀█████
 ████████            ▄██      █████
  ████████▄         ███▀       ████▄
  █████████▀▀     ▄███▀        █████
   █▀▀▀          █████         █████
     ▄▄▄         ████          █████
   █████          ▀▀           ████▀
    █████                     █████
     █████▄                 ▄█████
      ▀█████▄             ▄█████▀
        ▀██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
          ▀▀████████████████▀▀
              ▀▀▀██████▀▀▀
            ▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
         ▄█▀▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀▀█▄
       █▀▀ ▄█████████████▄ ▀▀█
     █▀▀ ███████████████████ ▀▀█
    █▀ ███████████████████████ ▀█
   █▀ ███████████████▀▀ ███████ ▀█
 ▄█▀ ██████████████▀      ▀█████ ▀█▄
███ ███████████▀▀            ▀▀██ ███
███ ███████▀▀                     ███
███ ▀▀▀▀                          ███
▀██▄                             ▄██▀
  ▀█▄                            ▀▀
    █▄       █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
     █▄      ▀█████████▀
      ▀█▄      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
        ▀▀█▄▄  ▄▄▄
            ▀▀█████
[]
kiba (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 02, 2011, 03:58:33 AM

o.

You keep changing your post, so I'm quoting you and signing my post.

Allow me to COMMUNICATE this: your role/position/job disappeared when the project changed. .I have no use for a relatively inexperienced Ruby developer that doesn't understand Public Key cryptography in a Python project that uses it heavily. Ryland is in the same boat to a certain extent (although he understands public key cryptography, and had the chance to work with genjix).

It's unfortunate but that happens.

I had just hired you, it's not like we have been working together for years and suddenly you changed, if I don't like the way you do things(no response for days, trying to get me to promise that you would have a job longer than what I had said, telling me how I should spend my companies money etc.) then it's up to me whether to continue working with you or not.

It doesn't matter whether or not you had just hired me. It is very clear that there was a communication failure. That was the root cause of the whole issue here. If you had done that from the very beginning after week one on the project, than I wouldn't have wasted time contacting you for work.

The advice you gave me was a bunch of hogwash. It was an issue with me not understanding cryptography and that I was inexperienced. This is an acceptable explanation.

In the future, I suggest coming up with better way to communicate to your employees.

MDKing

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 02, 2011, 04:03:50 AM

Was this for the job posting that paid 120 BTC per week?
Ryland R. Taylor-Almanza
Legendary

View Profile
April 02, 2011, 04:04:56 AM

Yes, I believe it was, unless there was another one with the same pay.

▄████▀
             ▄████▀
           ▄████▀  ▄██▄
         ▄████▀    ▀████▄
       ▄████▀        ▀████▄
     ▄████▀            ▀████▄
     ▀████▄            ▄████▀
       ▀████▄        ▄████▀
         ▀████▄    ▄████▀
           ▀████▄▄████▀
             ▀██████▀
               ▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄            
▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀    ▄▄█▄▄ ▀▀▄         
▀▀▄   █   ▀▀▄▄▄▀▀▀         
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▀▀▀▀              
              ▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄▄████████████████▄▄
        ▄██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄
        ▀██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
          ▀▀████████████████▀▀
              ▀▀▀██████▀▀▀
            ▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
         ▄█▀▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀▀█▄
       █▀▀ ▄█████████████▄ ▀▀█
    █▄       █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
     █▄      ▀█████████▀
      ▀█▄      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
        ▀▀█▄▄  ▄▄▄
            ▀▀█████
[]
kiba (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 02, 2011, 04:10:46 AM

First of all, I'm not trying to attack anyone. I was just confused, and when Kiba brought this up, I thought I might as well tell him my experience and ask if he knew anything about it. Also, I replied to your message and wasn't aware I got a reply back. I just went through my messages and found it. I'm not sure how I managed to miss it, but I guess that is kind of my loss. I should have been more thorough when I checked my messages. Sad

Did you have PM popup on? If you had that option on, it would be very hard to miss. I enabled that so I wouldn't miss any important message.

In fact, it was one of my big frustration. I gotten really pissed off that a developer didn't respond to my PM about a particular bitcoin extension bounty that I asked him to deliver.

It seems that I got burned from my not making my expectation clear repeatedly. But it also seems that I have issues when people are not communicating.

I even had this whole thread detailing my frustration with PM system: http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2274.0

kiba (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 02, 2011, 04:14:23 AM

I guess this whole thread was caused by my irrational anger in response to lack of communication.

MDKing

Activity: 80
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 02, 2011, 04:15:51 AM

Yes, I believe it was, unless there was another one with the same pay.

Called it here, http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3845.msg60112#msg60112 haha
Nefario

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2011, 04:30:19 AM

You mean this advice?
What you should do is pick your own project, work on it for a couple of months, release it, get some users and then sell it for bitcoin. This way you get experience, build up a portfolio of work and crate capital at the same time.

Hogwash? That's good advice for anyone, that's exactly what I'm doing now. It's the best advice to follow if you lack experience, you don't have to work for anyone to get experience you just have to create, and you can do that yourself.

I've already said the primary reason is that the project changed and your skill-set didn't match.

When I was back in Ireland, I spent a lot of time job hunting, doing interview after interview. Almost without exception if they didn't want to hire me I never heard back from them. Sometime I could guess the reason but most of the time I just didn't know. It meant I never really knew what I was doing wrong, and probably repeated the same mistakes. It made it really difficult for me to improve.

I gave you feedback so you can take something from this, something positive, but you've taken it as a personal insult. Take what I've said as something to improve on. I like you, you're very active on the forums and I think this 3rd attempt at the bitcoin weekly will succeed. Chill

iQEcBAEBAgAGBQJNlqZrAAoJECjdSeKmj0t8vTIH/2gdw7QQ4SOx6OQUfrPDxcnT
rl3ADDfZDvXwO87P3CfNl+dZW2j2bsOXQMngP193aXRLxPvZTD7WMHVlBpR/lJvV
WM6eSNOtUOMkjILeQld9Z8iQwXUuVpdI+y+74ACEQQurGwIo8vIsMPJDmDjt5vJ0
Omus20JJujPRprdkQEJYTQYJUStS41QPaZCm5byl9Lus1W/o3RWbUSwM2ci5lnHm
v6mnWp/XuRXGgB/W1Q/BIm7J9VVJF2mVg+s+Y2u/H47ChBmTfaycQdHfCxZYXp6k
iAxH0Ix8m0nVuMbXC+NuiW7kECU2L1UndsQWxTbMjBHREJzrZZHiaYRqBrHFz5g=
=KIli

Ryland R. Taylor-Almanza
Legendary

View Profile
April 02, 2011, 04:39:47 AM

I've already said the primary reason is that the project changed and your skill-set didn't match.
I realize this was directed towards kiba, but, again, I'd like to point out that I'm great with python. Is there some other requirement that I don't meet?

▄████▀
             ▄████▀
           ▄████▀  ▄██▄
         ▄████▀    ▀████▄
       ▄████▀        ▀████▄
     ▄████▀            ▀████▄
     ▀████▄            ▄████▀
       ▀████▄        ▄████▀
         ▀████▄    ▄████▀
           ▀████▄▄████▀
             ▀██████▀
               ▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄            
▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀    ▄▄█▄▄ ▀▀▄         
▀▀▄   █   ▀▀▄▄▄▀▀▀         
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▀▀▀▀              
              ▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
          ▄▄████████████████▄▄
        ▄██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄
        ▀██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀
          ▀▀████████████████▀▀
              ▀▀▀██████▀▀▀
            ▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
         ▄█▀▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀▀█▄
       █▀▀ ▄█████████████▄ ▀▀█
    █▄       █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
     █▄      ▀█████████▀
      ▀█▄      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
        ▀▀█▄▄  ▄▄▄
            ▀▀█████
[]
Nefario

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2011, 04:48:52 AM

I realize this was directed towards kiba, but, again, I'd like to point out that I'm great with python. Is there some other requirement that I don't meet?

Well we thought you were not interested, I asked genjix to contact you to bring you in on the client development side of things and then really didn't hear much back from you. genjix didn't tell me anything so I assumed that you were either not up for it or genjix didn't much want to deal with you.

We've moved on quite a bit with the client now, and it's already been opensourced.
https://gitorious.org/black-market/black-market-client

The next step is making sure it easily installs and runs on various planforms and then the gui.

How's your gui development skills? AFAIK it would be done with QT

iQEcBAEBAgAGBQJNlqrFAAoJECjdSeKmj0t8tPMIAJqLT1kXbQ5fOetSM0oMmoUX
Zdd4HeNKEQu7RheHwqyfkPgMRD6j5v6HYUSuAZaIUGyhOHekJWDX2w1FcwRu5jmR
Bn8Yy97iQw0GECsYUygt7KmtT/LWUWSfTRbmarcLlVLijM97P16n23L+QliJ6Man
0JNmzb925mZ1uI03cw3djuHwY0TAd4pobVyRL0aHRa0OwlKG8obXATmaZjVr2viU
zwgs+ObJTYvLipZE2bnJDi545yopKpQTP8IzdUAf6W5EjuFXcz1ZtOrCaXAc+Djp
hcYTRbYy0h/o0YwQtcqPqk0D6uES9xlnWRfNXYNJxO8ohX9F1ArEqvFhHunPyFE=
=jFks

kiba (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 02, 2011, 04:49:30 AM

Hogwash? That's good advice for anyone, that's exactly what I'm doing now. It's the best advice to follow if you lack experience, you don't have to work for anyone to get experience you just have to create, and you can do

It seems that I had missed this crucial information, somehow.

When I was back in Ireland, I spent a lot of time job hunting, doing interview after interview. Almost without exception if they didn't want to hire me I never heard back from them. Sometime I could guess the reason but most of the time I just didn't know. It meant I never really knew what I was doing wrong, and probably repeated the same mistakes. It made it really difficult for me to improve.

You did not like how I approach the project, in a textual context. You didn't like me "telling you what to do with your company's money". You thought I had a bad attitude.

I simply believe that this was a communication issue.

I gave you feedback so you can take something from this, something positive, but you've taken it as a personal insult. Take what I've said as something to improve on. I like you, you're very active on the forums and I think this 3rd attempt at the bitcoin weekly will succeed. Chill

What was wrong with me is that I lacked public cryptography knowledge. That is why I lost the job. Your advice had nothing to do as to why I lost my job.

kiba (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 02, 2011, 05:49:07 AM

I am done with this issue.

Simply put, my "communication" issue is understood. I understood the reason why I got fired.

I am not exactly on good term with Nefario and his corporation, but there is no business issues to resolve anyway. It was simply a personal complaint about how Nefario handle communications.

Though now, I even perceive an opportunity for a company in his market to take his business. It won't be me though.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: