Bitcoin Forum
September 30, 2026, 10:05:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 31.1 [Torrent]
 
   Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53]
  Print  
Author Topic: INDIAN ECON, POLITICS, SOCIETY + BTC PRICE  (Read 13671 times)
Bitcoin Smith
Hero Member
*****
Offline

Activity: 1778
Merit: 762


Zap Zap


View Profile WWW
September 26, 2026, 03:45:56 PM
 #1041

^^ probably because in India we don't have culture of respecting manual labour and people don't find dignity in becoming mason, mechanic, carpenter, plumber etc and everyone is running towards white collar jobs because of societal conditioning.

Our existing education system also promotes this.
True, and this might also be related to the caste system and the arguement like you people have to do these jobs and not us also lead them to run towards education and ended up even in worse situation.

Manual labourers are at high demand now for every kind of job and that is why some of the people are moving from top to bottom to fill in the actual labour works and whether we accept or not, they can make a decent life if they are smart enough and gain enough experience to lead a group and become a contractor for those works.

JSRAW
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1829



View Profile
September 27, 2026, 01:39:34 PM
 #1042

^^ It's possibly one of the reason but surely not a dominant one. Major reason would be abundance of cheap labour, which resulted in we hardly devoleped the DIY culture even among the poor ones, which is directly indirectly results in not respecting the work.

Because of this, average guy doesn't even want to change bulbs, sockets etc at their house, let alone painting their house or basic service of their vehicles.

[/quote]
Code:
[center][table][tr][td][size=1pt][nbsp]
[url=https://bit.ly/bitcointalkrain][font=Arial black][size=24pt][glow=#224,1][color=#224].[i][size=3pt][sup][size=21pt][font=Impact][color=#fff]Rainbet[color=#49F].com[/i].[/td]
[td][size=23pt][color=#cce]|[/td]
[td][size=2pt]
[center][font=arial black][url=https://rainbet.com/raffle][size=16pt][color=#fff][glow=#b82,1][nbsp][nbsp]$20K[nbsp][nbsp][/glow]
[size=1pt]
[size=7pt][color=#224][font=arial][b]WEEKLY RAFFLE[/td]
[td][size=23pt][color=#cce]|[/td]
[td][size=2pt]
[center][font=arial black][url=https://rainbet.com/daily-race][size=16pt][color=#fff][glow=#224,1][nbsp][nbsp]$25K[nbsp][nbsp][/glow]
[size=1pt][nbsp]
[size=7pt][color=#224][font=arial][b]DAILY RACE[/td]
[td][size=23pt][color=#cce]|[/td]
[td][size=2pt]
[center][font=arial black][url=https://rainbet.com/weekly-race][size=16pt][color=#fff][glow=#49f,1][nbsp]$100K[nbsp][/glow]
[size=1pt][nbsp]
[size=7pt][color=#224][font=arial][b]WEEKLY RACE[/td]
[td][size=23pt][color=#cce]|[/td]
[td][size=2pt]
[center][font=arial black][url=https://rainbet.com/monthly-race][size=16pt][color=#fff][glow=#224,1][nbsp]$500K[nbsp][/glow]
[size=1pt][nbsp]
[size=7pt][color=#224][font=arial][b]MONTHLY RACE[/td]
[td][size=23pt][color=#cce]|[/td]
[td][size=1pt][nbsp]
[url=https://bit.ly/bitcointalkrain][font=Arial black][size=24pt][glow=#49f,1][color=#49f]....[b][size=19pt][sup][size=8pt][font=montserrat,Arial][color=#fff]Play[nbsp]now[/b]....[/td][/tr][/table][/center]
pawanjain
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 3542
Merit: 1018


Nothing lasts forever


View Profile
September 28, 2026, 03:51:49 AM
 #1043

^^ It's possibly one of the reason but surely not a dominant one. Major reason would be abundance of cheap labour, which resulted in we hardly devoleped the DIY culture even among the poor ones, which is directly indirectly results in not respecting the work.

Because of this, average guy doesn't even want to change bulbs, sockets etc at their house, let alone painting their house or basic service of their vehicles.

That's very true. They be like why to do it on own when there are people doing for cheap rate.
I personally like fixing things so I do all the fixes in my home whether it be electrical work, electronic work, cleaning work or plumbing work.

Cointikka
Full Member
***
Offline

Activity: 647
Merit: 201



View Profile WWW
September 28, 2026, 09:20:51 AM
 #1044

~
Because of this, average guy doesn't even want to change bulbs, sockets etc at their house, let alone painting their house or basic service of their vehicles.

That's very true. They be like why to do it on own when there are people doing for cheap rate.
I personally like fixing things so I do all the fixes in my home whether it be electrical work, electronic work, cleaning work or plumbing work.

Same here done almost everything. I did in my school/college days, but due to time constraints and work pressure, I am no longer able to do those jobs that need pro level of expertise. I now use Urban Clap to get everything fixed in my house. These gig apps have made Indians very lazy and dependent.

weallbitcoiners
Jr. Member
*
Offline

Activity: 41
Merit: 4


View Profile
September 28, 2026, 04:07:47 PM
 #1045

^^ It's possibly one of the reason but surely not a dominant one. Major reason would be abundance of cheap labour, which resulted in we hardly devoleped the DIY culture even among the poor ones, which is directly indirectly results in not respecting the work.

Because of this, average guy doesn't even want to change bulbs, sockets etc at their house, let alone painting their house or basic service of their vehicles.

That's very true. They be like why to do it on own when there are people doing for cheap rate.
I personally like fixing things so I do all the fixes in my home whether it be electrical work, electronic work, cleaning work or plumbing work.

Its always great having mind like this I am also always engaged with my fixing abilities and done everything in my home by own because its give good peace in mind and also I am never feel bore with these fixing jobs because its give many new things in life. 

There is no doubt now people are getting lazy because they have phones and all things are available through apps that are providing services with fair prices, but doing it by oneself is having another level of fun.
Bitcoin Smith
Hero Member
*****
Offline

Activity: 1778
Merit: 762


Zap Zap


View Profile WWW
September 29, 2026, 03:05:17 PM
 #1046

^^ It's possibly one of the reason but surely not a dominant one. Major reason would be the abundance of cheap labour, which resulted in we hardly devoleped the DIY culture even among the poor ones, which is directly indirectly results in not respecting the work.

Because of this, average guy doesn't even want to change bulbs, sockets etc at their house, let alone painting their house or basic service of their vehicles.

That's very true. They be like why to do it on own when there are people doing for cheap rate.
I personally like fixing things so I do all the fixes in my home whether it be electrical work, electronic work, cleaning work or plumbing work.


DIY is very limited in our country, and, as I said, cheap labour is the main reason for that, but when they move to another country, they will know the cost of even very basic services like changing a water filter or a socket in the electrical board. DIY is a good anti depressant, I used to do repairing works with my bike in my 20s I kind of strip it down entirely and look for what should I do next, lucikly the bike is still running after many such incidents. Grin

Munshi Prem Chand
Newbie
*
Offline

Activity: 5
Merit: 0


View Profile
September 29, 2026, 05:47:55 PM
 #1047

^^ It's possibly one of the reason but surely not a dominant one. Major reason would be the abundance of cheap labour, which resulted in we hardly devoleped the DIY culture even among the poor ones, which is directly indirectly results in not respecting the work.

Because of this, average guy doesn't even want to change bulbs, sockets etc at their house, let alone painting their house or basic service of their vehicles.

That's very true. They be like why to do it on own when there are people doing for cheap rate.
I personally like fixing things so I do all the fixes in my home whether it be electrical work, electronic work, cleaning work or plumbing work.


DIY is very limited in our country, and, as I said, cheap labour is the main reason for that, but when they move to another country, they will know the cost of even very basic services like changing a water filter or a socket in the electrical board. DIY is a good anti depressant, I used to do repairing works with my bike in my 20s I kind of strip it down entirely and look for what should I do next, lucikly the bike is still running after many such incidents. Grin

Which is also why I think the whole DIY thing doesn't take off here because those who go abroad become experts in the field since labour is expensive. We never really had to go through that phase. And cheap labour kills any habit of DIY since someone will come and do it for you. For few hundred rupees.

Last year my washing machine stopped draining properly and the tech wanted 1200 just to come and check. So, I opened it up, took out the filter, cleaned the pump and found a small coin which had gotten stuck. Cost: Nil. Time taken: Maybe 40 mins. Since then I have repaired regulator switches, leaking taps, fan regulators and even once replaced the geyser element.

Do I enjoy it? Not enough to continue doing it, but I cant bring myself to call someone else because it feels stupid.
Bitcoin Smith
Hero Member
*****
Offline

Activity: 1778
Merit: 762


Zap Zap


View Profile WWW
September 29, 2026, 07:39:20 PM
 #1048

~
Last year my washing machine stopped draining properly and the tech wanted 1200 just to come and check. So, I opened it up, took out the filter, cleaned the pump and found a small coin which had gotten stuck. Cost: Nil. Time taken: Maybe 40 mins. Since then I have repaired regulator switches, leaking taps, fan regulators and even once replaced the geyser element.

Do I enjoy it? Not enough to continue doing it, but I cant bring myself to call someone else because it feels stupid.

When you go for brand service support, then this will be the cost, I once called Whirlpool to service a semi-automatic machine and they quoted me half the price to change the rotator switch like we rotate to select the machine but it doesn't make sense to spend much money on it. The I called a local guy and he charged 400 for it, including the part. So I assume the part must price like 150 or 200 and the remaining is the service cost, which is fair. Since that incident, I only service that machine; even changing the gear assembly costs only 700, and to be honest, semi-automatic never gives up we can simply plug and play any part, good start for DIY wannabe experts. Wink

Cointikka
Full Member
***
Offline

Activity: 647
Merit: 201



View Profile WWW
Today at 01:40:16 AM
 #1049

BTW.. Apple iPhone 18 is one of the worst phones, as buyers are reporting bugs, display, crashing and freezing issues with this brand new phone. Apple did upgrade the OS to counter them, but it is still not a complete fix. This will be a big dent in the reputation of the company that reported a 17% increase in its revenue in the March quarter. This is the first time I am reading about such issues with the new version.

Earlier, only a Chinese and a Korean company faced such an issue when they launched their newer version. I hope I do not hear or read about battery bursts. In the meantime, consumers have nicknamed Apple the rotten Apple.

Munshi Prem Chand
Newbie
*
Offline

Activity: 5
Merit: 0


View Profile
Today at 03:54:08 AM
 #1050

When you go for brand service support, then this will be the cost, I once called Whirlpool to service a semi-automatic machine and they quoted me half the price to change the rotator switch like we rotate to select the machine but it doesn't make sense to spend much money on it. The I called a local guy and he charged 400 for it, including the part. So I assume the part must price like 150 or 200 and the remaining is the service cost, which is fair. Since that incident, I only service that machine; even changing the gear assembly costs only 700, and to be honest, semi-automatic never gives up we can simply plug and play any part, good start for DIY wannabe experts. Wink

Of course, local guys are best when the warranty expires. Semi-automatic machines are easier to service, the parts are inexpensive and readily available. Fully automatic ones become expensive very quickly due to the presence of sensors and sealed parts. Even in small cities, finding the correct spare might be an issue, hence DIY may not always work out.
pawanjain
Legendary
*
Offline

Activity: 3542
Merit: 1018


Nothing lasts forever


View Profile
Today at 05:29:26 PM
 #1051

When you go for brand service support, then this will be the cost, I once called Whirlpool to service a semi-automatic machine and they quoted me half the price to change the rotator switch like we rotate to select the machine but it doesn't make sense to spend much money on it. The I called a local guy and he charged 400 for it, including the part. So I assume the part must price like 150 or 200 and the remaining is the service cost, which is fair. Since that incident, I only service that machine; even changing the gear assembly costs only 700, and to be honest, semi-automatic never gives up we can simply plug and play any part, good start for DIY wannabe experts. Wink

That's nice. Fortunately or unfortunately, my washing machine is fully automatic and is working since 6 years and still using it.
During covid, the machine was in off state for 2 whole years and then when I switched it on, it simply worked as usual. Lucky me.
Local workers are always better since they service for lesser price but at times when the item is expensive, its better to go with brand service only.
Local workers don't bother if the item is expensive or not and do no handle the item with care whereas brand service always handle with care.
I have experienced this and have got scratches on items several items with local workers. I hate it when they put scratches on my items which I handle with utmost care.

Pages: « 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53]
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!