Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 05:51:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Better using DAI or USDT?  (Read 670 times)
Apostlekin$$$

Activity: 238
Merit: 17

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile
November 06, 2020, 02:37:58 PM

Eighty percent of crypto users will prefer USDT because of strong support and biggest volume, I don't see any reason why someone won't want to use USDT unless they are into crime activities, e.g scamming investors and hacking wallets through any means

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Axelseseclevz

Activity: 313
Merit: 1

View Profile
November 06, 2020, 03:04:53 PM

If I want to cash out for stability should I use DAI or USDT? What do you people think is safer?. I read tether can be frozen by a central authority but also dai may not be totally secure from what I've heard.

It's up to you if what you prefer to cash out. I think they are both good for short term only and don't hold it for a long term. Much better if you just use it for trading because both has a higher volume and find other stable coin to cash out which is you can keep even for long term.

MEXC Português  |  Trade Anywhere with the MEXC App
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      MEXC.com      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
Sebas.tian

Activity: 2016
Merit: 156

View Profile
November 06, 2020, 03:16:17 PM

If I want to cash out for stability should I use DAI or USDT? What do you people think is safer?. I read tether can be frozen by a central authority but also dai may not be totally secure from what I've heard.
From the information these two coins provided and the argument on this forum concerning the two coins, USDT is not safer than the DAI coin reasons be that, the DAI is on ethereum network and decentralized while the USDT coin is backed by US dollar among others and very much centralized. The DAI as a stablecoin like USDT is preferable to USDT coin IMO.

kpierce77
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1002

View Profile
November 06, 2020, 03:34:51 PM

Nice information but I still prefer USDT because it has a mammoth market cap and the value always remains the same, I mean there is very few times when the value is below $1 even by 1 cent so it gives me some trust.

Apart from that I know there are other coins like USDC and as mentioned DAI but I don't use them because they are still new and their market cap is not even near the USDT market cap although I know that USDT hardly do any audits and so which makes it vulnerable to a sudden dump but that is not going to happen as such. And then I don't keep much in USDT either so I don't worry about those things much.
Yo. I don't think DAI is close enough to the USDT level yet. as you have said, from several things such as market cap and also audits, I think maybe because of the hype Dai can approach USDT but not in the near future, because currently USDT is one of the best stablecoins at the moment
Festac

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 06, 2020, 04:34:36 PM

It's your choice to decide on which one suits you, DAI has low market cap compare to USDT, DAI is decentralized and more secured, meaning they have no power over your fund, USDT has the upper hand because of its liquidity and volume, nothing comes close to this, mind you USDT is fully centralized

JHORN

Activity: 252
Merit: 15

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile
November 06, 2020, 05:10:38 PM

USDT can be trusted, put aside the fact that it's centralized, only those who are into illegal stuffs are hiding from centralized platforms like USDT, DAI isn't bad too but USDT is just better in things like volume and pair trading on multiple exchanges

Insomnia family

Activity: 868

View Profile
November 06, 2020, 05:39:22 PM

DAI and USDT are stable coins, as we know that stable coins can keep your investment value or the price of coins stable is almost the same as the dollar value. So, if you want to invest in a safe, stable coin choose especially with USDT.

Swap, Earn, Bridge, Mint Crypto & NFT in Multiple Chains
▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬ ▬     ❶ ❷ ❸ s w a p     ▬ ▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬
[   M V P   L I V E   ]   -   9 Blockchains Integrated Already
Emitdama

Activity: 1895
Merit: 328

View Profile
November 07, 2020, 03:06:08 PM

Are those the only options you have in your wallet? There are other stablecoins you can also make use of. But if these two are the only options, I will suggest that you go for DAI. Though generally they are both stablecoins and the money you’re investing in any of these two coins is going to be stable, neither going up or down but will be one – one with the USD. The reason why you have been seeing a lot of people complaining about Tether is because they are not 100% backed by the USD as they used to claim from the start, although they have corrected that on their website.
tvplus006
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1655

To the Moon

View Profile WWW
November 07, 2020, 03:32:52 PM

USDT can be trusted, put aside the fact that it's centralized, only those who are into illegal stuffs are hiding from centralized platforms like USDT, DAI isn't bad too but USDT is just better in things like volume and pair trading on multiple exchanges

I don't like the fact that Tether prints usdt in unlimited quantities. There is no schedule for printing this stablecoin. Unlike USDT, the release and burning of DAI is regulated by a smart contract, without outside interference in the process. This is the difference between a centralized token and a decentralized one.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
Stanlo

Activity: 952
Merit: 110

View Profile
November 07, 2020, 05:22:56 PM

Where did you get information that DAI isn't totally secured? That's wrong info, DAI is a fully decentralized stable coin and funds can't be seized or frozen, it's available on binance and other few top exchanges, the difference between USDT and DAI is CEX vs DEX
Kezacky

Activity: 743

https://www.epsiloan.xyz

View Profile
November 07, 2020, 05:46:45 PM

both are stable coins and certainly worth investing in or securing your money in this industry. but I personally prefer USDT to DAI for several reasons. I always use USDT to convert coins after trading on the exchange. USDT has its own characteristics and is suitable for trading pairs as well.

zasad@
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 4276

View Profile WWW
February 08, 2021, 08:59:50 PM

USD Coin (USDC) is developing rapidly now.
I advise you to keep your savings in USDC, USDT and DAI.
It is better to use USDC in the TRON ecosystem, because transactions there are very cheap and the Tron wallet also makes it possible to make up to 15 transactions per day for free.
If you didn't know, then on the TRON network $ 9,494,377,690.72 USDT
https://wallet.tether.to/transparency

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
marilynmanson21

Activity: 1260
Merit: 510

View Profile
February 09, 2021, 04:24:32 AM

For me, it is better to using USDT than DAI because USDT is giving more options to use what blockchain.
You can withdraw your USDT from exchange to your ETH Wallet (ERC20), TRON wallet (TRC20) or Binance chain (BEP2).
ETH transfer fee is very high nowadays, we can withdraw USDT to our TRON wallet or Binance wallet to avoid high fee.
I agree with you, USDT is better because many coins are paired with USDT, so it is easy to buy and sell them again.
But if for DAI transparency it is better, because there are issues that say if USDT is a stable coin that is not backed up with money, in other words it is printed unlimitedly depending on the CEO policy.
Nisterse

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 09, 2021, 08:53:47 AM

Would still prefer USDT from DAI..
ije07

Activity: 1414
Merit: 250

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
February 09, 2021, 09:28:29 AM

It depends on your taste, for me personally if I have to choose between DAI and USDT, then I choose USDT because every time I trade using a stable currency pair like USDT, so far I think this USDT coin is very suitable and safe to use. DAI is another stable coin too, but I haven't used it and maybe next time I'll try it.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
Plinteng

Activity: 285
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 09, 2021, 09:56:02 AM

DAI and USDT? so I personally prefer USDT because it is always stable in value and available on many exchanges, and its value is almost the same as Fiat money, for security matters it depends on where to store it, because now keeping funds on an exchange is not very secure. so I think USDT is a SAFE stable coin.

Jr Member

Join EpsiLoan's Seed Sale!
((((     EPSILOAN.xyz     ))))
Fair launch, No VCs or Insiders
doomloop

Activity: 2282
Merit: 581

View Profile
February 09, 2021, 04:04:00 PM

DAI is good, the both of them are good and they are top stable coins, although I would say Tether (USDT) is taking the upper hand because it has more liquidity than DAI. And by the way there are other stable coins that I would put on top the list, and if I am to mention top five DAI wouldn’t be among the top five, I will start with PAX which was created to compete with Tether, we all know the problem tether has been having for some time now, and PAX seems like a good replacement for it.

And there are other ones like True USD and the Binance USD. But for the two that you have mentioned , USDT will be a better option and I have already stated the reason why. And try to look into other coins that are out there.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: