Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 12:18:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why hesitate ????  (Read 1120 times)
kentrolla

Activity: 1554
Merit: 565

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2020, 04:40:09 PM

You invested in a ICO or IEO project at 1$ per token or coin and the price surge up to 3$ but because you see potential in the project you decide to hold and after few months the price goes down to 0.45$ and after four years and the token surge back to 3$, my question is why the wait? You hold a coin for years just to go back to it's ATH (All Time High) ? And most times majority of coins don't go back to their ATH ever again, what could you learn from this? Never ever hesitate to take profits, even if the project is the best ever, take profits, invest again when price is down because believe me, the price will surely go down

if humans are programmed to see the future won't we all be rich?

Bitter truth, after going through this post l feel like I have made the same mistake where most of them do. Well that's the nature of a human when it comes to money everyone expects more Cheesy

Some times it better to sell our asset when the value is going through a descent profit but it depends on the project, those who plan for long-term they don't even care till ages but it's risky too. My point is it's always better to sell our asset in a descent profit rather than expecting big.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BITCOIN4X
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1150

View Profile
October 18, 2020, 05:00:51 PM

You invested in a ICO or IEO project at 1$ per token or coin and the price surge up to 3$ but because you see potential in the project you decide to hold and after few months the price goes down to 0.45$ and after four years and the token surge back to 3$, my question is why the wait? You hold a coin for years just to go back to it's ATH (All Time High) ? And most times majority of coins don't go back to their ATH ever again, what could you learn from this? Never ever hesitate to take profits, even if the project is the best ever, take profits, invest again when price is down because believe me, the price will surely go down

Not everyone will think the way you do about investing because they have a profit target they want to achieve. If it were me, then I would sell everything and enjoy the profit. But what do other people who are targeting higher return think, can we blame them just for not selling all the coin or token they invested ?
I think people who believe in the potential of future project are not greedy people. They have considered the possible risk (price reduction) and they have different belief about what they have invested.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
scolary23

Activity: 854
Merit: 257

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
October 18, 2020, 05:01:29 PM

For some reason, everyone started talking about greed, because of which their wallets then suffer. Greed is most likely a side effect of business. And as you know, the main strategic goal of a business is to earn a large amount of a potential businessman both now and in the future. Just like the presence of greed, there is a risk of losing funds, which always comes at the wrong time. An important point for skeptics is that you should not forget that a thorough study of the project will help to avoid the loss of deposits and investments, and make a profit.

,gaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaag,
           ,aP8b    _,dYba,       ,adPb,_    d8Ya,
         ,aP"  Yb_,dP"   "Yba, ,adP"   "Yb,_dP  "Ya,
       ,aP"    _88"         )888(         "88_    "Ya,
     ,aP"   _,dP"Yb      ,adP"8"Yba,      dP"Yb,_   "Ya,
   ,aPYb _,dP8    Yb  ,adP"   8   "Yba,  dP    8Yb,_ dPYa,
 ,aP"  YdP" dP     YbdP"      8      "YbdP     Yb "YbP  "Ya,
I8aaaaaa8aaa8baaaaaa88aaaaaaaa8aaaaaaaa88aaaaaad8aaa8aaaaaa8I
`Yb,   d8a, Ya      d8b,      8      ,d8b      aP ,a8b   ,dP'
  "Yb,dP "Ya "8,   dI "Yb,    8    ,dP" Ib   ,8" aP" Yb,dP"
    "Y8,   "YaI8, ,8'   "Yb,  8  ,dP"   `8, ,8IaP"   ,8P"
      "Yb,   `"Y8ad'      "Yb,8,dP"      `ba8P"'   ,dP"
        "Yb,    `"8,        "Y8P"        ,8"'    ,dP"
          "Yb,    `8,         8         ,8'    ,dP"
            "Yb,   `Ya        8        aP'   ,dP"
              "Yb,   "8,      8      ,8"   ,dP"
                "Yb,  `8,     8     ,8'  ,dP" 
                  "Yb, `Ya    8    aP' ,dP"   
                    "Yb, "8,  8  ,8" ,dP"
                      "Yb,`8, 8 ,8',dP"
                        "Yb,Ya8aP,dP"
                          "Y88888P"
                            "Y8P"
                              "       

Free TON

PEER-TO-PEER MULTY-BLOCKCHAIN SYSTEM
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬.
▬▬▬TON SURF - OFFICIAL WALLET.

▄███████████████████▄
        █████████████████████
▄█████  █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
███     █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
██████  █████████████████████
███     █████████████████████
███████ ▀███████████████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀████
  ████▌                 ██ 
  ▐██▌                     
   █▌

TELEGRAM
FORUM
WIKI
EMV

Activity: 183
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 18, 2020, 05:03:12 PM

Fixing a price is good, but everyone wants to get theirs to the moon.  there are projects that make 1000 X's and we want to try our luck.

●   John McAfee Supports   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  Advertising Platform  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  YOUC  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
mezzaluna

Activity: 518
Merit: 23

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
October 18, 2020, 05:08:32 PM

That's actually a true story for my friend. He experienced it with the Electroneum bounty which was successful and still has a running platform even though the value is very low. The token reached an All time high $.2 which is already high since the distribution really gave a lot of tokens. Joining bounties are still profitable and don't be scared to join them since all you are doing is investing your time to do these campaigns. Its an opportunity to gain more.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Kupid002

Activity: 1036
Merit: 329

View Profile
October 18, 2020, 05:19:02 PM

Fixing a price is good, but everyone wants to get theirs to the moon.  there are projects that make 1000 X's and we want to try our luck.

You know how many patience is needed to get that 1000x PRofit and not all altcoin are possible source of that large profit .most of them is hardly to earn at least 200% of its current price. That's too way impossible to happen everyone that experience that  are just lucky person that grab at cheap and accidentally forget or they just don't look at their balance for long time and they remember that they have that coins and recover it. they don't even think that is possible to happen in them the day they bought it.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
▐████████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
.Defi for You.
defi.com.vn

Learn how to become your own bank and
implement a private investment strategy

▄▄                    ▄▄
█      Pawn | Sell     
           Services
      Buy   | Rent
     █
  ▀▀                    ▀▀

Alert31

Activity: 1041
Merit: 25

Trident Protocol | Simple «buy-hold-earn» system!

View Profile
October 18, 2020, 05:43:37 PM

Cryptocurrency is so volatile that's why just ride on to earn and stop being greedy. You will regret if because of being greedy the tokens you are waiting for it's another ATH will goes down and never recover again. Waiting for so long is just a waste of time and money, be contented to earn even small amount of profit daily.

Simple «buy-hold-earn» system!      │     TRIDENT PROTOCOL     │      HIGH FIXED APY  >>> 382,945%
THE HIGH PAYING AUTO-STAKING & AUTO-COMPOUNDING PROTOCOL
████████████|           Twitter           |          Telegram          |            Reddit            |████████████
Yaseen Wallis

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 18, 2020, 05:49:56 PM

That is true if you are only looking to make profits, and not use the product itself.
Many projects out there have a token or coin that has a lot of application, would you change your stance in a case like that?
forexandcryptoauditor
Copper Member

Activity: 1162
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2020, 06:09:08 PM

I saw yhe reason behind holding on investment even if it's around 90% down is people are optimistic. Even they feel bad that it was not sold at ATH price. Also another reason is that they don't have any choice but to hold.
However having said so, we must say over optimism is but to be greedy.

aemma
Copper Member

Activity: 966
Merit: 14

View Profile
October 18, 2020, 06:26:54 PM

I really like your last statement but however no one can predict the future.
Nevertheless, about the hesitation in selling at a good price; I believe this has affected a lot of people badly and where most projects can go back to their ATH or even close to it, a good number of projects do not, in fact they dies as a result of price dump or the team exiting scam. So having known all these, it is quite better to always sell at a profitable price and exit the market, do not be tempted to buy again until the price goes down. Now, once this takes place, you need to study the team to know their level of expertise and seriousness before buying again, in order to avoid buying and the price keeps dumping which might lead to the death of the project.
kingzpro

Activity: 756
Merit: 13

DIFX - Digital Finacial Exchange

View Profile
October 18, 2020, 06:37:44 PM

Yes I do follow and understand your point but it is not that simple bro because most people invest in quality longterm projects that have potential to achieve new highs again and again so personally i do hold high quality projects for long and the projects that do not have my 100 percent confidence i do take profit out of them.

Crasengover

Activity: 336
Merit: 103

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
October 18, 2020, 06:49:22 PM

I totally agree with you! When I just started to invest in ICOs I believed in technologies and thought that the projects I selected for investments would become as popular as Goodle or Apple in few years. It was a good lesson for me, I learnt that it doesn't matter how promising project is, you should always take your profit. The best strategy is to sell the half of tokens when the price reaches x2, thus you return your investment and all the rest tokens are now free for you and you can decide how long you want to hold them.

Ridwan Fauzi

Activity: 1330
Merit: 147

View Profile
October 18, 2020, 06:51:19 PM

That is the matter, we will never know what will happen next. We will take the profit if the price token just $3 as its all time high, but who knows?  

Also, we can't manage our greedy, we already know about the dangerous of greedy when we are investing, but that is something that can't be leaved.

We can take an imagine, how can we not be tempted with the price token that increased $2 in several days. We will assume that in a few years a head the price token will have $100 or more.
bigcash2011

Activity: 1442
Merit: 265

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2020, 07:47:43 PM

Taking profit is the right strategy and if you are really worried about missing out of parabolic runs you can take percebtage profits like 5 or 10 percent of total holdings at each target price, this way you will take profit and even if market takes turn at some point you can buy back lower and improve your average cost so that you would be in profit faster next time around.

Wysi

Activity: 1624
Merit: 261

View Profile
October 18, 2020, 08:11:11 PM

Yes, we should learn from the past and start utilising the profits before it's too late as greed takes better control of us, we can consider the bull run of 2017/18 as an example wherein people who sticked up Bitcoin didn't sell even when Btc reached over $20,000 and lost the golden opportunity to cashout, later sold it for lesser amount and some are still waiting for btc to reach $20,000 even after 3 years which btc is yet to achieve.

It's best to act smart and be goal oriented rather than assuming it's loyalty to hodl for a long-term.

suzanne5223

Activity: 2604
Merit: 650

Want top-notch marketing for your project, Hire me

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2020, 08:24:34 PM

Like the saying "future is not promised" but what I learned about ICO/IEO project is that 95% of the project dumped below initial offering price after trading competition of it exchange listing is hold and it will be silly for anyone to hold token/coin which is new for long time because most of such crypto are highly manipulated only newbies to hesitate to sell such crypto whwn the time is right.

albon
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1362

View Profile
October 18, 2020, 09:06:34 PM

I think that this is due to the greed of some people to obtain greater profits, and that is why you find these people wasting a lot of selling opportunities for months and years in the hope that the price of the coin will increase for more than this, and in the end they found that the coin has dump, because the crypto market is volatile and you can't control it, everyone should set the goal of selling and when the coin reaches this goal, then does not hesitate to sell.

██
█████▀▀███████▀▀███████
█████▀░░▄███████▄░░▀█████
██▀░░██████▀░▀████░░▀██
██▀░░▀▀▀████████████░░▀██
██░░█▄████▀▀███▀█████░░██
██░░███▄▄███████▀▀███░░██
██░░█████████████████░░██
██▄░░████▄▄██████▄▄█░░▄██
██▄░░██████▄░░████░░▄██
█████▄░░▀███▌░░▐▀░░▄█████
███████▄▄███████▄▄███████
.ROOBET 2.0..██████.IIIIIFASTER & SLEEKER.██████.
|

█▄█
▀█▀
████▄▄██████▄▄████
█▄███▀█░░█████░░█▀███▄█
▀█▄▄░▐█████████▌▄▄█▀
██▄▄█████████▄▄████▌
██████▄▄████████
█▀▀████████████████
██████
█████████████
██
█▀▀██████████████
▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
    PLAY NOW    
sekalitas

Activity: 672
Merit: 251

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
October 18, 2020, 10:09:59 PM

I agree with you
I have also experienced this, some of the altcoins and tokens that I have, I keep it for a long time with the hope that the price will go up again, at least to the price of ICO / IEO. But in fact the price didn't come back.

So now, I prefer to take profits immediately, leaving at least a few tokens / altcoins for the long term  Grin

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
CHAIN JOES
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
|
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
📝
torrantz

Activity: 1063
Merit: 253

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile
October 18, 2020, 10:41:35 PM

When the price has been showing very small sign to the bull trend and they will be greedy to think about how much money they can get it from there. In fact, if so many times people should learn from their past experience regarding this cycle. Just never try to expect something big to happen with your portfolios. We also need to think about the possibility to get out of the market when we have gotten enough profit.

People are very greedy these days just try to accumulating speculative profit.

.#1 DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.Join Origin Pre-Sale.
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
Freebieindia

Activity: 175
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 19, 2020, 01:01:00 AM

surely if you buy a shitcoin, it may never go to ATH. But if you buy a good potential coin it may touch ATH in some years again. The best strategy i follow is when a coin price 2X from my buying, i take out my initial investment. In this way i am  not worried about my money and is left with only free coins.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: