Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 12:26:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why hesitate ????  (Read 1125 times)
ARTCOINSLV

Activity: 882
Merit: 112

View Profile
October 19, 2020, 04:29:50 PM

You invested in a ICO or IEO project at 1$ per token or coin and the price surge up to 3$ but because you see potential in the project you decide to hold and after few months the price goes down to 0.45$ and after four years and the token surge back to 3$, my question is why the wait? You hold a coin for years just to go back to it's ATH (All Time High) ? And most times majority of coins don't go back to their ATH ever again, what could you learn from this? Never ever hesitate to take profits, even if the project is the best ever, take profits, invest again when price is down because believe me, the price will surely go down

if humans are programmed to see the future won't we all be rich?

That was earlier, people used to believe.
Now no one cares, everyone thinks only about their profit, no one else waits long.
pixie85

Activity: 2170
Merit: 528

View Profile
October 19, 2020, 04:50:11 PM

You hold a coin for years just to go back to it's ATH (All Time High) ? And most times majority of coins don't go back to their ATH ever again, what could you learn from this? Never ever hesitate to take profits, even if the project is the best ever, take profits, invest again when price is down because believe me, the price will surely go down

It's easy to say but you never know what is going to be the ATH.

If you look at the charts day by day they usually show the same pattern of 2 steps up 1 step down. So a coin goes $200 up and then corects $50-100 and goes up $200 up again.
How do you know that day is going to be the last one where the move up is twice as strong? You hold one more day and it's down 50%.

That's why people usually end up holding bags.
isaac_clarke22

Activity: 1596
Merit: 264

View Profile
October 19, 2020, 05:14:51 PM

~
Indeed, though that is kind of situational for some coins. That's why there are coins that are meant to be held for longer time than just by trading it within the day.
I use that practice in Bitcoin, well that's the coin I only hold anyway.
Back in my day trading practices, I held some alts for about a month but they weren't giving me any profit, that's why I conclude that some coins are meant to be day traded.
Wingo

Activity: 686
Merit: 107

View Profile
October 19, 2020, 05:46:19 PM

You invested in a ICO or IEO project at 1$ per token or coin and the price surge up to 3$ but because you see potential in the project you decide to hold and after few months the price goes down to 0.45$ and after four years and the token surge back to 3$, my question is why the wait? You hold a coin for years just to go back to it's ATH (All Time High) ? And most times majority of coins don't go back to their ATH ever again, what could you learn from this? Never ever hesitate to take profits, even if the project is the best ever, take profits, invest again when price is down because believe me, the price will surely go down

The first thing I can say about this topic is that you can never know when the price will reach the ceiling. The price can double in one day and fall even in one night while you're asleep, you can never know.

Investors should learn how to take profits by selling in tranches. Don't let greed take you. Once you feel that a profit is enough, try to sell 25% or 50% (or more) of your position to lock your profits, this will ensure your profits in cases where the price falls.
Just don't sell everything because you still want to have a position in cases where the price jumps higher.
ije07

Activity: 1415
Merit: 250

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile
October 19, 2020, 06:22:15 PM

I think there are several reasons for this problem. If according to my personality or what I have done regarding investment projects then do your best to benefit when you see opportunities. investing does take a long time or at least until the price of the coins you invest in increases and you sell for a profit. so ,, while there is an opportunity, then immediately sell, holding the coins for too long does not necessarily return the initial investment capital. but if the project you invested in is like BTC then you don't have to worry about investing in the future.

B.I.O.K.R.I.P.T|
  BiokriptX Fair Launch is now live in PINKSALE
|🟣 Twitter
🔵 Facebook
🟣 Telegram
Lite_bro

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 19, 2020, 07:36:34 PM

I think that this is due to the greed of some people to obtain greater profits, and that is why you find these people wasting a lot of selling opportunities for months and years in the hope that the price of the coin will increase for more than this, and in the end they found that the coin has dump, because the crypto market is volatile and you can't control it, everyone should set the goal of selling and when the coin reaches this goal, then does not hesitate to sell.

Developers of the cryptocurrency projects offer big profit because people want to have a big profit.
People want to do nothing and have a big profit  Cheesy
That is why now staking system is so popular when people receive reward just for holding tokens.
But different projects use different staking systems. Here is an article about different staking systems to know more about staking https://medium.com/bonfiorg/introducing-bonfi-web-staking-7368467d18cc
I have long been familiar with the concept of staking and how it works, but thanks for the article, oddly enough, I learned something new for myself!
bitcon
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008

View Profile
October 19, 2020, 08:34:09 PM

i want to see the future, 100 years in advance is good enough for me.

You know that it is nonsense, and no one can foresee what will happen to him and everything that is around the next moment. Everything is risky, the life of a human being as well. However, those, who take risks to do something to get the better existence, get more than those that are sitting idly.
Twentyonepaylots

Activity: 1876
Merit: 370

View Profile
October 19, 2020, 08:44:55 PM

Certainly humans are not able to see the future and that’s why they are investing and getting greedy to see where their future actually leads them.  Smiley
I don't know what's with OP's mind questioning people who waits for a higher price and ending up with just a little crunch, as if people can see the future lol. Decentralization has a risk such as this, especially when it is made for investment, not really a good tool if you want a safe and sure profit.

Without this wait they are useless since they don’t know true potential. If they withdraw early then they are missing out all time high and many times if they wait then they could end up loosing all of it all sudden.
Early withdraw could be disappointing or regretful, we can't really know what it would be like but you can literally see if the project is worth to wait or has a unique product that is possible to step on a spotlight..

That’s why it’s always very tricky to invest into crypto. FYI most of the time it’s absolutely true that project will end up in chaos, so better to sell out as early as possible.
Crypto is uncertain, that's all we should know. All investment is risky but crypto? Man you're like putting your hand in crocs mouth trusting it not to bite you.
H1N1

Activity: 812
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 20, 2020, 08:43:04 AM

With your example, we know that from $1 to $3 is 300% price up and this is the time for sell to get the profit.
I don't know why people still holding if they find their coin price already multiplied 3x.
Even traders usually sells their coin when the price up only 10-30% already, we must learn how to know the time for hold or sell our coin.

fammy

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

Bounty Detective

View Profile
October 20, 2020, 08:57:56 AM

I have several friends whose hodling old token hacken because they saw a potential of this token to reach as high as 20 usd per token knowing that they have seen it pump up to 8-10 usd so they decided to hodl until now and seeing the price of this token burst down really low that makes them so regretful because they hesitated to sell it with that ideal price.

► Bounty Detective ◄ ♦ Transparency And Trust ♦ ► Bounty Detective ◄
───●♦●───●♦●───●♦●───●♦●───●♦●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●♦●───●♦●───●♦●───●♦●───●♦●───
Telegram Channel◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Telegram Group◂ | ▸Youtube Channel
jdnthny

Activity: 281
Merit: 10

Futurov

View Profile
October 20, 2020, 09:01:30 AM

Because of being hesitant many crypto enthusiasts that potentially earn a better profit turns into a very huge loss to them. Also because of being to greedy to gain more and more by waiting for their prospect value of token which apparently did not happen which makes them regret for hodling a bit longer and not sell their token when they have seen a good pump.

███████████████ ██ █      F U T U R O V   │  The #watch2earn Revolution      █ ██ ███████████████
Website  ⦁  Telegram Group  ⦁  Telegram Channel  ⦁  Twitter  ⦁  Instagram  ⦁  YouTube  ⦁  TikTok  ⦁  Github
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  Powered by BOUNTY DETECTIVE  ▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Crypto_lion

Activity: 630
Merit: 11

NEW MEDICINE:Faster, Safer, Smarter

View Profile
October 20, 2020, 11:50:05 AM

With your example, we know that from $1 to $3 is 300% price up and this is the time for sell to get the profit.
I don't know why people still holding if they find their coin price already multiplied 3x.
Even traders usually sells their coin when the price up only 10-30% already, we must learn how to know the time for hold or sell our coin.

Maybe he is not a trader and he is a proper holder who did a lot of research and trusts the project for the long-term. I am sure a trader will definitely bite the hands for a quick 3x.

❱_    ClinTex     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     NEW MEDICINE:   Faster,   Safer,   Smarter
   ❪  TELEGRAM  ❫                 ❪  TWITTER  ❫                 ❪  LINKEDIN  ❫   
██████████████████████   J O I N   ██████████████████████
nrvasquez

Activity: 966
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 20, 2020, 12:01:01 PM

Some projects always offering and make promises that their projects will be get new developments, so the price "might" be up again, but you know it's always bad when youre greedy. selling when you already getting enough profit is the best way to avoid that kind of situation

NoG-NoG

Activity: 616
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 20, 2020, 12:01:08 PM

Many of the crypto enthusiasts are having this kind of attitude that when they saw a good pump of a potential token tend to wait and hodl it and they wait for their prospect price value only to find out after some time they loss all that should be a gain and earning to them because they always hesitate to sell it when the price is good.
Samayuki

Activity: 574
Merit: 24

View Profile
October 20, 2020, 01:30:51 PM

There are ways to hold and not get hurt in the process, take profits when available and reinvest the exact little money you can afford to let go when the token is down in price, this is the best trick and whatever happens won't hurt you, damn even if the project stop working

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
nykka

Activity: 252
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 20, 2020, 02:21:55 PM

It`s always necessary to definite sell price, which will be acceptable for you, before investing in any asset and when  this price is reached it`s necessary to sell at lest 70% of your investments. Described situation happens again and again and idk why people don`t want to learn on their mistakes. Some time ago I always holded my investment and I have lost a lot of money. Now my strategy has changed and investments become more profitable

scolary23

Activity: 854
Merit: 257

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
October 20, 2020, 04:42:52 PM

I don't quite agree. Although it is worth listening to those who at one time bought bitcoin for $ 14 - for example, Forbes journalist Jeffrey Tucker. He claims that he bought bitcoin not for profit, but for scientific purposes - to study blockchain technology, and also that one should not be afraid of a bear market and a depreciation. And in particular, he says that the first cryptocurrency in which you see potential and not a fraud, consider it as a prospect for at least several years. It is worth listening to considering its gains from expectation.

,gaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaag,
           ,aP8b    _,dYba,       ,adPb,_    d8Ya,
         ,aP"  Yb_,dP"   "Yba, ,adP"   "Yb,_dP  "Ya,
       ,aP"    _88"         )888(         "88_    "Ya,
     ,aP"   _,dP"Yb      ,adP"8"Yba,      dP"Yb,_   "Ya,
   ,aPYb _,dP8    Yb  ,adP"   8   "Yba,  dP    8Yb,_ dPYa,
 ,aP"  YdP" dP     YbdP"      8      "YbdP     Yb "YbP  "Ya,
I8aaaaaa8aaa8baaaaaa88aaaaaaaa8aaaaaaaa88aaaaaad8aaa8aaaaaa8I
`Yb,   d8a, Ya      d8b,      8      ,d8b      aP ,a8b   ,dP'
  "Yb,dP "Ya "8,   dI "Yb,    8    ,dP" Ib   ,8" aP" Yb,dP"
    "Y8,   "YaI8, ,8'   "Yb,  8  ,dP"   `8, ,8IaP"   ,8P"
      "Yb,   `"Y8ad'      "Yb,8,dP"      `ba8P"'   ,dP"
        "Yb,    `"8,        "Y8P"        ,8"'    ,dP"
          "Yb,    `8,         8         ,8'    ,dP"
            "Yb,   `Ya        8        aP'   ,dP"
              "Yb,   "8,      8      ,8"   ,dP"
                "Yb,  `8,     8     ,8'  ,dP" 
                  "Yb, `Ya    8    aP' ,dP"   
                    "Yb, "8,  8  ,8" ,dP"
                      "Yb,`8, 8 ,8',dP"
                        "Yb,Ya8aP,dP"
                          "Y88888P"
                            "Y8P"
                              "       

Free TON

PEER-TO-PEER MULTY-BLOCKCHAIN SYSTEM
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬.
▬▬▬TON SURF - OFFICIAL WALLET.

▄███████████████████▄
        █████████████████████
▄█████  █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
███     █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
██████  █████████████████████
███     █████████████████████
███████ ▀███████████████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀████
  ████▌                 ██ 
  ▐██▌                     
   █▌

TELEGRAM
FORUM
WIKI
ufaiz50

Activity: 1666
Merit: 502

View Profile
October 20, 2020, 04:58:17 PM

one of the reasons I hold even though the price goes up, because based on my analysis that the market still has the possibility to jump. investors move according to their own wishes, in the case you mean it seems true but when we are at that moment, there will definitely be doubts about where to keep holding or just selling. the two options also judge the advantages and disadvantages of each

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
cryptoknightt

Activity: 1189
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 20, 2020, 06:31:28 PM

But sometimes the price goes up even higher than the initial increase, so it can't be blamed if some people are holding the coin.
because the market is 100% unpredictable.
if all humans can read the future, there will still be some who are superior to other yanhs, because they will compete with others.
ghost424

Activity: 630
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 20, 2020, 06:37:27 PM

People tend to hesitate since they are already thinking about the negative results of something that they are not sure about. Its only natural but people within this Industry must always look for the open opportunities. Joining bounties are really helpful and might be fruitful at the end. Its not the users fault that some bounties fail since they are only campaigning about them. Their support is enough to keep the platform going and its up to developers to pursue their goals of further development so there is no excuse for hesitating.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: