Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 07:23:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: How many of you work and are 100% paid in Bitcoin?
My salary is 100% Bitcoin - 16 (11.9%)
My salary is partially paid in Bitcoin - 17 (12.7%)
I don't have a job - 31 (23.1%)
My salary is 100% Fiat - 70 (52.2%)
Total Voters: 134

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How many of you work and are 100% paid in Bitcoin?  (Read 4174 times)
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2014, 11:17:59 AM

Unfortunately hjbuell you're in the position a lot of freelancers and self-employed people are, it's very common, some people are just wankers, this is partly why I'm setting up a store instead, I may take commissions later if I find more people are willing to trust me and pay me. Sometimes it's legitimate paranoia on whether you're a scammer, because in the Bitcoin community people are very careful of that, but if you've done the job for them honestly and are waiting for payment then they're just nothing more than deadbeats.

Really, you're extremely lucky if you get paid at all in fiat and you're doing writing, it isn't just a Bitcoin problem.

http://www.worldslongestinvoice.com/ - Almost hitting $16,000,000 in unpaid invoices.
stash

Activity: 173
Merit: 100

btcmy.net

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2014, 04:24:14 PM

Jobless here. almost 3 years already. I'll say 100% living with bitcoins, as per now doing trading,mining and accepting services. 5 digit income permonth if convert to my local currency, more than i had while been slave by sitting on chair did 9-5 job last time.

Tehtarik Fund : 1KxyB3iauJzLvDnZuchekGkB2D7p4UMvuq
BTCitcoin : Mathematical Logic to Eliminate Human Greed
kthejung

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 04:42:34 PM

Tell me how and where I can buy breakfast, lunch, and dinner with bitcoins and I will stop using fiat.  Tell me where I can pump gas, pay rent and utilities, and buy cigarettes using bitcoins and I will use nothing but bitcoins from now on.  The people who are receiving 100% bitcoins for work payment must be converting much of it into fiat; if not, tell me how you can live entirely off bitcoins.

edit: buying gift cards with bitcoins and using that to purchase items is just an unnecessary hassle; I'd rather just use fiat in that case.
spazzdla
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 04:44:27 PM

My company refuses to pay me anything in BTC, don't matter to much I am now a miner.
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 10:49:14 PM

My salary is 100% Bitcoin   - 7 (17.9%)
My salary is partially paid in Bitcoin   - 6 (15.4%)

I think a lot of people are mistaking earning from bitcoin (trading/mining) and salary wages.
Probably some miners voted for this as the numbers seem quite impossible.

Agreed. I am fairly certain the number of persons who's SALARY is 100% paid in Bitcoins is ~0%  I would love to be proven wrong though so if you receive a Salary 100% paid in Bitcoin please let me know.

Mining income =/= salary
Doing contract work (i.e. 1099 worker) =/= salary
Making a profit day trading =/= salary

A salary is wages paid by an employer (and that employer is subject to payroll taxes and withholding requirements).  In the US if you receive a salary you would also receive a W-2 at the end of the year stating your salary and the taxes withheld.
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3402
Merit: 4656

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 10:56:16 PM

My salary is 100% Bitcoin   - 7 (17.9%)
My salary is partially paid in Bitcoin   - 6 (15.4%)

I think a lot of people are mistaking earning from bitcoin (trading/mining) and salary wages.
Probably some miners voted for this as the numbers seem quite impossible.

Agreed. I am fairly certain the number of persons who's SALARY is 100% paid in Bitcoins is ~0%  I would love to be proven wrong though so if you receive a Salary 100% paid in Bitcoin please let me know.

Mining income =/= salary
Doing contract work (i.e. 1099 worker) =/= salary
Making a profit day trading =/= salary

A salary is wages paid by an employer (and that employer is subject to payroll taxes and withholding requirements).  In the US if you receive a salary you would also receive a W-2 at the end of the year stating your salary and the taxes withheld.

Of course that means that the poll doesn't have any options for those whose income is entirely from contract work or from the sale of products or services.

As such, those people are left trying to choose from several options that don't exactly match their current circumstances.

If my income was partially (or completely) from bitcoin, and I didn't have a "salary", I'd probably choose one of the two "salary" options, since either one would better match my situation than "jobless" or "100% fiat".

So perhaps the problem is that the poll was ill conceived and is not designed to accurately measure what it's attempting to measure.
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 11:08:29 PM

Agreed.  Since the title of the thread makes no mention of salary it is very likely the OP just used that word as an incorrect proxy for "income".  It is more believable that ~15% of people claim that 100% of their income is in Bitcoins.
durrrr

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 02:18:29 AM

if i could recieve a % of my weekly pay in bitcoins i would for sure. i would also use it to buy goods i need and ould spend it and not use it exactly like an investment. maybe a portion

K128kevin

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
March 27, 2014, 02:26:57 AM

I think being 100% paid in bitcoin is a really bad idea at the moment... we're really not there yet. I love bitcoin and I'm a huge supporter but that would just be way too risky. Bitcoin is still far too volatile to merit investing everything into it. Plus you can't spend them on all the things you need yet, so you'll have to convert a significant amount back to USD (or whatever currency your country uses) anyway. I would consider being partially paid in bitcoin but I would do no more than like 20% to be honest.

cheri0

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 27, 2014, 06:23:48 AM

I wish I could get my salary in btc, and if it's so I would like the half of the salary in btc
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: