Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 05:36:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 4 PIN PWD fan for GPU's  (Read 308 times)
forato (OP)

Activity: 237
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 19, 2020, 07:51:48 PM

Can anyone help me to find coolers for my GPU's?

I cannot find the fan with 4 pin..... most of results are fan with 2 or 3 pins
miner29

Activity: 1264
Merit: 138

View Profile
October 19, 2020, 10:45:30 PM

Amazon sells them..alibaba sells them try adding 4pin pwm or replacement gpu fans with the model in it.

FP91G
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1040

View Profile
October 23, 2020, 03:43:12 PM

Most of my older graphics cards no longer have original fans. I removed the original cooler and attached 2 or 3 fans (depending on the size of the heatsink) to the graphics card.
Cost price:
Cooler 80x80 - $ 2
wire ties - $ 0.01 each.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
forato (OP)

View Profile
October 23, 2020, 05:49:58 PM

Most of my older graphics cards no longer have original fans. I removed the original cooler and attached 2 or 3 fans (depending on the size of the heatsink) to the graphics card.
Cost price:
Cooler 80x80 - $ 2
wire ties - $ 0.01 each.

very nice ideia! and about the conectors? how did you conect the power on the fans?
waywoos

Activity: 124
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 23, 2020, 06:10:40 PM
Merited by nc50lc (1)

I zip tied a couple fans to my 480 and runs off the cpu headers. .  My mobo has 3.    Keeps it under 60 degrees.
It’s not pretty but works.  
abhiseshakana
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 2229

From Zero to 2 times Self-Made Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2020, 07:25:18 PM

very nice ideia! and about the conectors? how did you conect the power on the fans?

If it's intended for mining (or gaming), then you can customize your GPU cooler using a PWM fan. For the cable connection, you can use the cable connector from the original fan (of course you have to cut it) and attach it to the PWM fan. For this work, you must know which one is ground, 12V, RPM sensor, and PWM control.

As for the installation, you have to remove the original fan first, then tie the PWM fan to the GPU body using cable ties or wire ties (make sure it had been tied tight).

.Duelbits.
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
TRY OUR
  NEW  UNIQUE
GAMES!
..DICE...
███████████████████████████████
███▀▀                     ▀▀███
███    ▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄    ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███   ▀████▀       ▀████▀   ███
███                         ███
███   ▄████▄       ▄████▄   ███
███   ██████       ██████   ███
███    ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀    ███
███▄▄                     ▄▄███
.MINES.
████████████████████████▄▀▄████
██████████████▀▄▄▄▀█████▄▀▄████
████████████▀ █████▄▀████ █████
██████████      █████▄▀▀▄██████
███████▀          ▀████████████
█████▀              ▀██████████
█████                ██████████
████▌                ▐█████████
█████                ██████████
██████▄            ▄███████████
████████▄▄      ▄▄█████████████
.PLINKO.
█████████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀█████████
██████▀  ▄▄███ ███      ▀██████
█████  ▄▀▀                █████
████  ▀                    ████
████                       ████
█████                     █████
██████▄                 ▄██████
█████████▄▄▄       ▄▄▄█████████
10,000x
MULTIPLIER
NEARLY UP TO
.50%. REWARDS
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
FP91G
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1040

View Profile
October 24, 2020, 06:19:37 PM

Cost price:
Cooler 80x80 - $ 2
wire ties - $ 0.01 each.

You don't need to spend a lot of money on different speed governors. Twist the wires and connect to your power supply.
The resource of the cheapest 80x80 fans lasts for 12-18 months. GTX 1080 with three such fans does not overheat, but the noise level increases.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
forato (OP)

View Profile
October 24, 2020, 11:26:09 PM

Cost price:
Cooler 80x80 - $ 2
wire ties - $ 0.01 each.

You don't need to spend a lot of money on different speed governors. Twist the wires and connect to your power supply.
The resource of the cheapest 80x80 fans lasts for 12-18 months. GTX 1080 with three such fans does not overheat, but the noise level increases.

i am thinking in buy cheap 8mm fans and conect to a molex adaptor on the suply (not on the GPU). Make sense?
miner29

Activity: 1264
Merit: 138

View Profile
October 25, 2020, 12:57:24 AM

get the 80mm not the 8’s  Grin
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 1710

View Profile
October 25, 2020, 04:44:03 AM

Which GPUs do you exactly have? Depending on the fan set up you can probably repair them for free. Do this at your own risk since you can permanently damage your GPU or GPU fans.

Basically you need to pull off the fan blade using floss attached to a few blades (3 or 4 blades at least) then pull hard to yank out the fan blade from the housing. Then you will see the bearing, add some oil in there and pop it back in. It will work right away.

If you can't take off the fan blade from the front, then turn it around and drill a hole in the center, once you reach some metal, pour a drop or 2 of oil in there. Put some tape to cover it back up. This will also work.

Only issue with these repairs is that they are temporarily. You might need to re-oil in the future.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
DrX

Activity: 233
Merit: 20

View Profile
October 25, 2020, 07:25:03 AM

https://cryptomining-blog.com/tag/sleeve-to-dual-ball-bearing-fans/

This quite good guide and works on most of the fans.
adaseb
Legendary

View Profile
October 25, 2020, 06:54:42 PM

Yes however sometimes the bearing doesn't come out it stays inside probably due to stronger glue. I found that the older GPUs usually have better build quality and the bearing doesn't come off when you pry out the fan blade. So all you need to do is oil and pop it back in.

In that guide the GPUs were newer and fans were badly built, so the glue did not hold well. So if you get this issue you will need to apply some super glue into the assembly so the entire assembly doesn't fall out while in use.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
NisamRobot

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 25, 2020, 08:32:15 PM

I got these for mine 480's

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32814985481.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.2df64c4d5sDvhl&,&af=85386&dp=12251_1603657961_18727fcec36c60eb58d2f5849935cf4b&cn=kgpkjmcxh302ym9o05918&Afref=VigLink+Inc
safar1980
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1622

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile
October 26, 2020, 03:17:10 PM

Try to do it yourself first, and then share the guide. When the bearing is broken, the lubrication will only help for a while.
Chinese non-original fans are not very high-quality, and their service life is also short. This can be done before selling the video card, but not for mining.

DrX

View Profile
October 27, 2020, 12:37:33 PM

Try to do it yourself first, and then share the guide. When the bearing is broken, the lubrication will only help for a while.
Chinese non-original fans are not very high-quality, and their service life is also short. This can be done before selling the video card, but not for mining.

So you think i havent tested this guide?
I have changed those ball bearings to many Polaris cards by using this guide.
safar1980
Legendary

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile
October 27, 2020, 01:58:54 PM

Okay, I'll take a closer look at your guide.
I had a lot of video cards and after 2 years and 10 months the fan stopped working. The seller failed to subdue in 45 days and therefore my money was returned to me.
5 days ago I gave a gigabyte video card under warranty with a breakdown of the cooling system. I have to wait another 40 days, but under warranty service, the seller must supply a new cooling system.
Therefore, I love this manufacturer, because he will replace the cooling system for free or refund the money for the product.

DrX

View Profile
October 27, 2020, 06:35:15 PM

Okay, I'll take a closer look at your guide.
I had a lot of video cards and after 2 years and 10 months the fan stopped working. The seller failed to subdue in 45 days and therefore my money was returned to me.
5 days ago I gave a gigabyte video card under warranty with a breakdown of the cooling system. I have to wait another 40 days, but under warranty service, the seller must supply a new cooling system.
Therefore, I love this manufacturer, because he will replace the cooling system for free or refund the money for the product.

Yeah, there is big difference between manufacturers and countries on warranties. One month ago i sended 4,5yr old xfx 1250w psu to warranty and now i'm getting 850w psu and rx570 8g from them as warranty replacement.
adaseb
Legendary

View Profile
October 29, 2020, 05:01:06 AM

What I found is that if you want to reduce your chances of having to re-oil the fans over and over again, then you should have some type of air filtration in your mining room especially if you got an intake and exhaust fan setup.

I think that the reason these fans need re-oiling is because its not a perfect seal and the fresh oil is going to attract micro dust and this is what will cause your fans to stop working again. I found this out by the fact that usually the fans in front suffered this issue more than some GPU with fans in the middle of the rig. SO you can move your bad fans to the middle of the rig and it might increase lifespan since it will attract less dust.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
safar1980
Legendary

#SWGT CERTIK Audited

View Profile
October 29, 2020, 03:40:42 PM

What I found is that if you want to reduce your chances of having to re-oil the fans over and over again, then you should have some type of air filtration in your mining room especially if you got an intake and exhaust fan setup.

I think that the reason these fans need re-oiling is because its not a perfect seal and the fresh oil is going to attract micro dust and this is what will cause your fans to stop working again. I found this out by the fact that usually the fans in front suffered this issue more than some GPU with fans in the middle of the rig. SO you can move your bad fans to the middle of the rig and it might increase lifespan since it will attract less dust.

I have different video cards in the same room. Natural ventilation - these are small holes in the walls Smiley
For video cards Palit,Gigabyte, MSI, ASUS coolers do not work for more than 3 years, which is very good for me, because the seller changes them for free.  Sapphire coolers have been working for 4 years already. This means that if the manufacturer wants, he can make a good cooling system.

adaseb
Legendary

View Profile
October 29, 2020, 04:00:00 PM

Basically you don't need to use the factory fans at all. In my opinion the reason why they fail so fast is not because of mining but because those fans are generally designed to be mounted horizontally in a PC case. When they are mounted vertically like in an open air rig their life span is reduced.

Back in 2015 I bought tons of GPUs for almost free because they were mined with and the fans were dead. The GPU worked perfectly but the fans either ran slow or rattled. I took off the fan shroud and put some case fans and they ran cooler than stock. Only issue was that you need custom wiring for the 12V fans and they are bulked between the GPUs because case fans are fatter than regular fans.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██