Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 11:07:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What is the fastest blockchain?  (Read 808 times)
tiedcoin (OP)

Activity: 89
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 23, 2020, 03:58:45 AM

Despite the fact that crypto transfers work almost instantly, all the blockchains have different time to generate blocks and push the transactions in. Besides the specifications of a taken network, transaction speed can be influenced by:

The network being “busy” at the moment
Large transfer volume
Increased fees
Problems with nodes

https://swapzone.io/learn/how-to-exchange-crypto-fast/
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
beaxchange

Activity: 17
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 23, 2020, 04:20:17 AM

Swapzone is a helpful site that helps you find the best places for trading. You can use Swapzone to get details on what you can get from a transaction based on whatever fees or rates may appear. You can also get an idea of how long it would take for you to complete the deal.
larus

Activity: 236
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 23, 2020, 04:28:02 AM

Every blockchain is fast if there are no users of it. Anyway, eth and eos are pretty fast ones. I can recommend ownr wallet for both
Salauddin1994

Activity: 868
Merit: 15

View Profile
October 23, 2020, 05:03:28 AM

Yes all blockchains are good with the current blockchain technology crypto is improving a lot and transactions are becoming faster and easier the bitcoin system works using a blockchain laser to record transactions. Bitcoin is a global cryptocurrency that can be used as a medium of exchange many parties have begun to accept bitcoin as a currency the risks in terms of security and stability have been greatly reduced.
Byakuga

Activity: 518
Merit: 28

View Profile
October 23, 2020, 05:49:26 AM

The list of fastest blockchains goes on and on, there is no point trying to find one because there will always be a faster blockchain, in 2018 I prefer Apollo currency blockchain because it's ultra fast, there is no need for waiting for confirmation and later I came across MetaCoin, this project transaction speed beats Apollo currency, you send a coin out of Meta wallet to another address it's already there in a blink of an eye.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Josefjix

Activity: 1176
Merit: 286

View Profile
October 23, 2020, 05:50:47 AM

I have never figured out which seems to be fastest, amongst the ones I've used so far EOS and Tron blockchains are the fastest so far. With less fees and charges for transactions.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBITCRYPTO
FUTURES
[
1,000x
LEVERAGE
][
COMPETITIVE
FEES
][
INSTANT
EXECUTION
]██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
TRADE NOW
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██████
Uhde

Activity: 616
Merit: 124

View Profile
October 23, 2020, 06:06:08 AM

From my point of view there is no difference between 3 seconds or 10 seconds. It should be less than 1 minute. Ethereum, neo usually provides it. But the other problem of the blockchains (imo more important than the speed) is transaction size capacity.
pamsugas

Activity: 1092
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 23, 2020, 06:24:24 AM

elrond blockchain is the fastest they claim that elrond has 15k / TPS, elrond transaction fees are also very cheap only 0.005 $ at the moment. they also say that the elrond increase is 1000 times that of the existing blockchain. This new blockchain design from Elrond is so diamond that Ethereum mimics Elrond's design as mentioned by Robert Sasu, the main developer of Elrond.
Rodeo02

Activity: 1302
Merit: 577

avatar and signature space for rent !!!

View Profile
October 23, 2020, 06:57:46 AM

Every blockchain is fast if there are no users of it. Anyway, eth and eos are pretty fast ones. I can recommend ownr wallet for both

To be honest we have many blockchain coin that have ability to make  faster transaction. But for what reason why asking ? Adoption of crypto currency will not only depend how faster they can send the transaction but it is depend  also on the future plan of the currency and how they can solve something that other coins can't do  with thier own blockchain .
Rohtox

Activity: 854
Merit: 115

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2020, 08:28:48 AM

I never calculated how fast the blockchain is. The first time I sent crypto was bitcoin, it was long enough to get into my wallet. And I have tried using Ethereum, NEO, Tron, and Lite coin, I think their blockchain is faster than Bitcoin.

► StudentCoin◄ ♦ Platform to create personal, DeFi and NFT Tokens♦ ► StudentCoin◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Website◂ | ▸Twitter◂ | ▸Facebook◂ | ▸LinkedIn◂ | ▸Telegram◂ | ▸Reddit◂ | ▸Instagram
TGD

Activity: 1288
Merit: 620

Wen Rolex?

View Profile
October 23, 2020, 08:38:38 AM

I never calculated how fast the blockchain is. The first time I sent crypto was bitcoin, it was long enough to get into my wallet. And I have tried using Ethereum, NEO, Tron, and Lite coin, I think their blockchain is faster than Bitcoin.

You don't need to calculate it because it's impossible for a normal user to compute since you need quantity of transaction per seconds. Usually project computes it during there test net by loading tons of transaction on there blockchain to test how far they can go on processing transaction.

Many blockchain project are claiming they are the fastest blockchain but until now. No one can provide a finish blockchain product that can give the TPS they are boasting. All is just for hyping investors to buy there token.

I believe Solana is one of the fastest blockchain with 65k TPS on there testnet but 50K TPS actual.

Try break them: https://break.solana.com/

Don't mind me | Just checking out here for Duelbits Promotion | Bitcoin 1M | Duelbits no 1
masterrex

Activity: 1820
Merit: 107

View Profile
October 23, 2020, 09:18:04 AM

Base on my previous experiences there's a lot of claims that were hanging around and say's that they possessed the fastest blockchain in the industry, But according to TECTUM Blockchain creator "they are the fastest blockchain because they already reach the 1 million TPS" and it is very far from Bitcoin's 4.6 TPS, Ethereum's 15 TPS, Ripple's 1700 TPS and even with EOS 50,000 TPS, if it's true base on that claim Tectum Blockchain, is the fastest.

Sources:
https://medium.com/predict/the-worlds-fastest-blockchain-exceeds-1-million-transactions-per-second-8931df09320d
https://tectum.io/
20kevin20
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1597

View Profile
October 23, 2020, 09:41:32 AM

The website OP has given has some quite misleading information. It first talks about how fast exchanges are, then what determines a blockchain tx to be confirmed faster/slower and then talks about the fastest coins (which aren't even the fastest) once again.

I honestly just cannot call Ethereum and Monero among the top 5 fastest cryptocurrencies. There are others that get confirmed way, way faster than them. Moreover, this following statement is very misleading:

Ethereum network, despite the issues of scalability and certain delays with network congestion, takes about 14 to 17 seconds for the transactions to go through. Ethereum blocks handle about 12 transactions per second.
Ethereum does not take 14-17 seconds for txs to go through. I never had an ETH tx be confirmed in less than like 15 minutes.. If we're talking about how quick they're broadcasted to the network, any coin can be considered "the quickest". What truly matters is how fast the txs get confirmed.
Kong Hey Pakboy

Activity: 1120
Merit: 68

View Profile
October 23, 2020, 09:42:23 AM

Every blockchain technology is fast. The only reason why it takes longer for you to complete your transactions in bitcoin is that bitcoin has many users compared to other cryptocurrencies like Ethereum, NEO, Tron, Litecoin, etc. Miners on the bitcoin network only prioritize transactions with much higher fees before they confirmed it, so if you pay a higher fee, it will lessen the time of your transaction to be completed.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
TGD

Activity: 1288
Merit: 620

Wen Rolex?

View Profile
October 23, 2020, 11:05:35 AM

Base on my previous experiences there's a lot of claims that were hanging around and say's that they possessed the fastest blockchain in the industry, But according to TECTUM Blockchain creator "they are the fastest blockchain because they already reach the 1 million TPS" and it is very far from Bitcoin's 4.6 TPS, Ethereum's 15 TPS, Ripple's 1700 TPS and even with EOS 50,000 TPS, if it's true base on that claim Tectum Blockchain, is the fastest.

Sources:
https://medium.com/predict/the-worlds-fastest-blockchain-exceeds-1-million-transactions-per-second-8931df09320d
https://tectum.io/

They don't have supporting documents for this claim. The medium link you provide is an interview to the team member and all word that he said is just his opinion. Even the 1M TPS has no basis at all, The video on the medium is just a graphical representation of how nodes work. They don't have any testnet data available and also they will surely be on major publishing website like coindesk and coinstelegraph.com if they really have what they are claiming. The only source for there claims is just there own written medium blog.

1M TPS is insane. LOL

Don't mind me | Just checking out here for Duelbits Promotion | Bitcoin 1M | Duelbits no 1
int03h

Activity: 532
Merit: 104

View Profile
October 23, 2020, 03:51:08 PM

I have personally experienced the blockchains we have today and I find TRON, EOS, Solana, Lamden to be the fastest blockchains out there right now. Although they have different specifications, the experience is the same and I appreciate these blockchains. The real problem they will have in the future is whether they are overloaded as Ethereum is currently overloaded and transaction costs are high.
Market cap rating TRON and EOS are too high-cap, Solana about $ 100 million, the lowest is Lamden with $ 5 million.
I would prefer to invest Solana more and put a little on Lamden because their capitalization is low and very potential.
studio1one

Activity: 1218
Merit: 500

BintexFutures

View Profile
October 23, 2020, 06:00:53 PM

So far (from the coins I hold), I feel Harmony (ONE) and Elrond (ELGD) are of the fastest blockchain. Last I check Harmony was at 5-sec block finality and, I am not quite sure what's block finality for Elrond was but, their TPS is quite awesome.

BINTEX