Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 12:38:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If you think you are smart just know that some are smarter  (Read 737 times)
k@suy

Activity: 882
Merit: 269

View Profile
November 01, 2020, 12:09:21 PM

If you think you are smart well think again

After UNI Airdrops many starts looking for people's Private keys and recovery seeds using search engines and data engines like 4shared and others but guess what?

Some smart scammers are out there willingly exposing their private keys and recovery seed so that greedy people can scan through them, here is what the scammers have in store

The scammers leave good valuable tokens on the wallet and set the wallet to automatically send out any deposited Ethereum, the greed people will want to deposit eth to quickly move out the tokens to exchanges but its a smart trap, once the eth landed on the wallet address it automatically send out to another Ethereum address...

How did I know this? I know someone who fell for this, luckily he only deposit 20$ worth of Ethereum..

Woow, to be honest I am just hearing about this and it also shows how far technology has grown, be it for good or for bad. I believe this will also serve as a lesson and hence reducing the urge to scam people (even that is even possible), this is because, the first scammer do not know if he will be a victim of such, and therefore to be on the safer side and save his little ETH, might decide to be at peace. On the other hand, it also goes to show how far people can go just to steal from others, imagine going about searching data engines and search engines in order to get peoples private keys.
In addition to this, it also proves that, the best way to secure your private keys or mnemonic phrases is not by having a screenshot of it, or by saving it online but by having it on paper, then keeping it in secure places.
Due to the pandemic, more scammers are roaming around. Even in social media sites they are wandering, looking for prospect persons that they can victimize. So we should be aware, alert and smart in order for us not involve in scams and other illegal activities.

In my experience, there's this person who forwarded me a free netflix application in which you can use to watch and stream without any account involving. I tried this app, little did I know that it is a fake app and when you download it, those bad guys will have an access to your social media account and any information that can be found on your phone. My social accounts git hacked and it took days for me before I retrieve those. I even restore the factory settings of my phone in order to erase everything most especially my virtual wallet informations. Hopefully my coins are safe.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fishbonez11

Activity: 322
Merit: 116

View Profile
November 01, 2020, 12:46:24 PM

Bruh it's an old method nothing new at all.

The address has been set up with smart contract, they will leave some token with a huge value and share the private key so everyone who found it will try to send some ethereum for gas transfer the token. When the fund arrived will immediately send to another address, its really a old method and pretty simple to recognize just by watching the transaction of that address.

It's will really weird when the private key already expose and there has some receive transaction ethereum but the token not moved at all when the eth send to another same adress.

It's not new but it should be heard by the community. Many are still unaware of this scheme.  This the very reason of this forum, to educate the community and to warn them of scammers can do.
 People should put in mind that there is no easy money, if its too good to be true it possibly not true. Scammers will do their best to get something from everyone even in the stupidest way.
Claudio99

Activity: 210
Merit: 10

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile
January 26, 2021, 09:54:51 AM

It's an old trick for sure but many don't still know about it, also why would one use google search to find people's Private keys and recovery seed? Aren't they trying to find any means of getting money by doing that? Such people who do this are qualified to be called scammers too.

JHORN

Activity: 252
Merit: 15

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile
January 26, 2021, 11:57:45 AM

Those who started looking for recovery seeds online deserves to get scammed themselves, I'm sure they will rob any wallets they can get their hands on, stealing and scamming starts from one's mindset, if yours is corrupted you will surely think about finding people's recover seed

bitcon
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008

View Profile
January 27, 2021, 04:03:22 PM

Scammers have always been and always will be. You need to be very serious about everything related to money. This is especially true for cryptocurrency, because all transactions take place on the network and here, reinsurance will never be superfluous. I think that you need to use all possible means of protection against scammers (hardware wallet or seperate laptop).
Henrobakkara

Activity: 1512
Merit: 115

View Profile
January 27, 2021, 05:33:40 PM

A few days ago my friend got an email private key from an unknown person and when I tried to enter using private key there were lots of valuable tokens if not mistaken estimate it around $5k (with zero ETH/no fees), my friend very ambitious to send fee there but I forbid it and after I investigate further it turns out that what you say is true, landing fee will automatically be sent to another wallet in just seconds
Remember, we have to be careful and don't be greedy because now scammers have many ways to earn money
Fatunad

Activity: 2212
Merit: 347

View Profile
January 27, 2021, 05:39:15 PM

A few days ago my friend got an email private key from an unknown person and when I tried to enter using private key there were lots of valuable tokens if not mistaken estimate it around $5k (with zero ETH/no fees), my friend very ambitious to send fee there but I forbid it and after I investigate further it turns out that what you say is true, landing fee will automatically be sent to another wallet in just seconds
Remember, we have to be careful and don't be greedy because now scammers have many ways to earn money
Actually this one is a little bit new to me when it comes to scamming attempts.They do make look that its just dumb to sent out some keys in a wallet that has some valuable coins inside.

If you are really not dumb then you would really be having that question in mind on why the hell they would be giving out such key if they would able to sell it out and make their own?

If you dont let your greedy nature overcome you then you would really be having these thoughts once you do receive and check the key for yourself.If greed do overcome you then
for sure those eth's that you sent will really be falling on scammers wallet.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
sapnu

Activity: 1036
Merit: 286

View Profile
January 27, 2021, 06:06:58 PM

After UNI Airdrops many starts looking for people's Private keys and recovery seeds using search engines and data engines like 4shared and others but guess what?

Some smart scammers are out there willingly exposing their private keys and recovery seed so that greedy people can scan through them, here is what the scammers have in store

The scammers leave good valuable tokens on the wallet and set the wallet to automatically send out any deposited Ethereum, the greed people will want to deposit eth to quickly move out the tokens to exchanges but its a smart trap, once the eth landed on the wallet address it automatically send out to another Ethereum address...

How did I know this? I know someone who fell for this, luckily he only deposit 20$ worth of Ethereum..
Well, that's how life sometimes work. At first you thought you are winning but the truth is that you are already being outsmarted by a much worse thief or fraud. Scammers are starting to develop new ways on how they can steal other people's money. It would be best if we stay updated upon the new schemes of the scammers so that as we play smart, they wouldn't or they would have a hard time tricking us into their dirty little games. Always protect you crypto and make sure you are storing it in a really tight security wallet.
doctor877

Activity: 896
Merit: 115

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2021, 06:15:30 PM

I think this is a good one for catching the scammers and making their effort fruitless by taking away their own funds also while they try to take yours. Some that successfully send out tokens will leave seamlessly useless tokens. It's good to set traps for scammers also.
jostorres

Activity: 2464
Merit: 585

View Profile
January 27, 2021, 06:51:00 PM

It's not new but it should be heard by the community. Many are still unaware of this scheme.  This the very reason of this forum, to educate the community and to warn them of scammers can do.
 People should put in mind that there is no easy money, if its too good to be true it possibly not true. Scammers will do their best to get something from everyone even in the stupidest way.
Unfortunately with the new increasing price of bitcoin and all other altcoins there are a lot of newbies in the crypto world. Which means there are a lot of people who do not know this kind of scamming as well, which is why we have these kinds of scams a lot during these periods as well. I wouldn't fall for such a trick because I have been here for a very long time, there are many other scam methods as well that I do not fall anymore, however I have been here for years, in a few years I will be capable of saying a decade, so I am an old head here, however there are newer and newer people everyday.

I am on the belief that there is at least one more person who was never interested in crypto but involved every single day, probably more than one but at least one everyday, which is why we do make these kinds of warnings since we should warn those newer people to be careful about these.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
Princejebs

Activity: 560
Merit: 26

View Profile
January 27, 2021, 08:48:49 PM

Those who started looking for recovery seeds online deserves to get scammed themselves, I'm sure they will rob any wallets they can get their hands on, stealing and scamming starts from one's mindset, if yours is corrupted you will surely think about finding people's recover seed

You have said it all, stealing is an individual thing that need adjustment. With most of the comments above, if we are to test everyone that has made comments on this thread by sending each account a $1000, only few will return the money, so many will deactivate their account. Easier said than done right.
Developers are also smart goons on crypto now a days, you see a good project turn bad when they exit scam and run away with investors funds. Smartness is just different from stealing.
Dessy88

Activity: 1050
Merit: 100

Vave.com

View Profile
January 27, 2021, 09:00:58 PM

Very common hack way for fake mail. Many time i have been received fake mail where they invite me for input private key but always i avoid this fake mail. I got some message from telegram group which invite me a airdrop where there are said about my private key.

konflikkastil

Activity: 879
Merit: 10

Binance #Smart World Global Token

View Profile
January 27, 2021, 09:11:19 PM

I'm coming across this for the first time. But they must be very smart for them to be able to carry out that kind of job. And one other thing I want to say is that if you are not a thief too, it will be very hard for you to call victim. Because you scam the wallet and you noticed a coin on it that worth something. For you mind, you want to transfer gas to move it out. The two of you are scammers . One is just smarter than the other one. Trying to do that alone makes you to a thief, and anything that happens along the line is your cup of tea alone.

SWG.io  ⁞ Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.13                                        ╖
║         〘 Available On BINANCE 〙•〘 ◊ ICOHOLDER ⁞ 4.45 〙•〘 ✅ Certik Audited 〙        ║
╙                  ›››››››››››››››››››››››››››››› BUY  NOW ‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹‹                  ╜
didzi

Activity: 1092
Merit: 250

Hodlers Network

View Profile
January 27, 2021, 09:20:25 PM

scamers now getting smarter day by day, especially with smart contracts features in this insdustry, all things become easy for the people who know about that of course, thats why we must stay away from "the greed" because greed will make us losing our money

Kupid002

Activity: 1036
Merit: 329

View Profile
January 27, 2021, 10:14:28 PM

This trick is not new; it has been around for several years. In my opinion, I first heard about it in 2018, but I can't say for sure when.
Everything is based on greed, because in this case you forget about vigilance and rush to snatch the jackpot as soon as possible before others do it. As a result, your 20 turns into a scammer's income.

Its started around 2017-2018 one of the minereum genesis address is one of the earlier where you can see large value of token when you check the address in etherscan . I don't heard any new waller having that again but obviously they can do it in different wallet if they want since they already started that kind of gimmick.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
▐████████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
.Defi for You.
defi.com.vn

Learn how to become your own bank and
implement a private investment strategy

▄▄                    ▄▄
█      Pawn | Sell     
           Services
      Buy   | Rent
     █
  ▀▀                    ▀▀

pelumi20

Activity: 712
Merit: 15

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile
January 27, 2021, 10:31:50 PM

greed will genuinely lead you to disillusionment and losing money.

If those individuals looking for private keys online think appropriately, at that point everybody has considered it became rich as of now. But dislike that, it's off-putting to see "free" money online on the grounds that they've looked for it.

These scammers are utilizing the shortcoming of these individuals, utilizing their eagerness for their advantage.

lionheart78
Legendary

Activity: 2884
Merit: 1152

View Profile WWW
January 27, 2021, 11:56:02 PM

These scammers are utilizing the shortcoming of these individuals, utilizing their eagerness for their advantage.

And indeed it was very smart(the case on OP).  I wouldn't call them scammer but schemer.  People try to steal their valued coins but those people were outsmarted instead.  I really find this stuff hilarious esepcially to those people who search the internet for private keys since their intention is clearly to steal anything valuable from those discovered addresses.

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████████▀█████████████▄
███████████▄▐▀▄██████████
███████▀▀███████▀▀███████
██████▀███▄▄████████████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
██████████▀███▀███▄██████
████████████████▄▄███████
███████████▄▄▄███████████
▀█████▄▄████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
Mahanton

Activity: 2688
Merit: 625

View Profile
January 27, 2021, 11:58:45 PM
Merited by TimeTeller (1)

And indeed it was very smart(the case on OP).  I wouldn't call them scammer but schemer.  People try to steal their valued coins but those people were outsmarted instead.  I really find this stuff hilarious esepcially to those people who search the internet for private keys since their intention is clearly to steal anything valuable from those discovered addresses.
Schemer = Scammer

No matter what you do call them it is just the same. Deceiving out people just for the sake of stealing their money is really just the same.
Once an old modus or scheme had been busted out then its normal for these scammers to create something new that hadnt been busted
by the masses because they would really be thinking that it would just be a waste of effort on trying to scam out people on using a known or common scamming technique
and here we are now seeing these new way of scamming out people.This should really be shared up to spread up awareness.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
TimeTeller

Activity: 2716
Merit: 588

View Profile
January 27, 2021, 11:59:17 PM

And indeed it was very smart(the case on OP).  I wouldn't call them scammer but schemer.  People try to steal their valued coins but those people were outsmarted instead.  I really find this stuff hilarious esepcially to those people who search the internet for private keys since their intention is clearly to steal anything valuable from those discovered addresses.

Expect that there will always be people like them.
In this world, we are full of scammers in all kinds of forms.
It is how you attack or avoid these people. And experience sometimes will teach you to prevent from being screwed.
Also, one easy way is to do at least a lil bit of research. You can just paste your search in google and you will find what you're looking for.
hornetsnest

Activity: 1451
Merit: 973

View Profile
January 28, 2021, 12:17:43 AM

I endorse this message  Cool

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: