Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 12:48:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If you think you are smart just know that some are smarter  (Read 737 times)
Janation

Activity: 1722
Merit: 528

View Profile
January 28, 2021, 12:50:58 AM

I've heard about this and it is really smart.

No one is saying who was the victim of it but I know one of my friends fell for this. Some people might say that who's stupid enough to share a private key on the internet but there are a lot of people that accidentally shared or showed it. I know someone who did that and at that time he is just starting to know about ETH addresses. Either way, we should really be careful because not all of the things that we see might be a blessing, it might be a trap.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Greatdev

Activity: 266
Merit: 16

Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin

View Profile
February 10, 2021, 03:14:03 PM

If you think you are smart well think again

After UNI Airdrops many starts looking for people's Private keys and recovery seeds using search engines and data engines like 4shared and others but guess what?

Some smart scammers are out there willingly exposing their private keys and recovery seed so that greedy people can scan through them, here is what the scammers have in store

The scammers leave good valuable tokens on the wallet and set the wallet to automatically send out any deposited Ethereum, the greed people will want to deposit eth to quickly move out the tokens to exchanges but its a smart trap, once the eth landed on the wallet address it automatically send out to another Ethereum address...

How did I know this? I know someone who fell for this, luckily he only deposit 20$ worth of Ethereum..
The people who fall from this method are not really greedy but they are newbie and no knowledge at all about this hacking technique.  I think these scammers are not deserve to call smarter people because they  steal other people money maybe better to call them thieves.
How? You need to explain better because what OP said is 100% true, when newbies created a new wallet the wallet will warn them about keeping their private keys or recovery seed safe and to themselves only and they keep theirs only to go on google search to find others private keys or recovery seed? Listen to yourself mate, this is pure greedy path

TanakabZX

Activity: 504
Merit: 16

View Profile
February 10, 2021, 03:35:18 PM

If you think you are smart well think again

After UNI Airdrops many starts looking for people's Private keys and recovery seeds using search engines and data engines like 4shared and others but guess what?

Some smart scammers are out there willingly exposing their private keys and recovery seed so that greedy people can scan through them, here is what the scammers have in store

The scammers leave good valuable tokens on the wallet and set the wallet to automatically send out any deposited Ethereum, the greed people will want to deposit eth to quickly move out the tokens to exchanges but its a smart trap, once the eth landed on the wallet address it automatically send out to another Ethereum address...

How did I know this? I know someone who fell for this, luckily he only deposit 20$ worth of Ethereum..
The people who fall from this method are not really greedy but they are newbie and no knowledge at all about this hacking technique.  I think these scammers are not deserve to call smarter people because they  steal other people money maybe better to call them thieves.
They have no knowledge what private keys is? Really? I don't think that someone who never opened a crypto wallet can know what private keys and recovery seeds are, they can only know that private keys and recovery seeds are the only key to any crypto wallet once they start using crypto wallets themselves, this isn't newbie issue it's stealing

▬▬▬▬▬▬▌   Vulcan Forged    ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▌    Telegram   ▌    Discord      ▌     Twitter      ▐▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   DISCOVER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
oemar bakrie

Activity: 1260
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 10, 2021, 05:26:48 PM

My personal experience is because I am too happy and I don't see the address sent to my email, and I also feel like I have the token so I am complacent by sending my private wallet and without a count of days the tokens that the wallet start to disappear..

FXBOX    [TelegramTwitter ]  ▞  GAMEFI  ◼  NFT  ◼  DEFI  ◼  CURRENCY TRADING
██████████████████  PLAY 2 EARN FINANCIAL GAMES  ██████████████████
INVESTINGTRADINGLOTTERYMARKET PREDICTIONS     ◖ READ MORE
Koutami

Activity: 155
Merit: 13

View Profile
February 10, 2021, 05:31:00 PM

If you are smarter than the thief, may you can exploit the smart contract and take the tokens inside the wallet.
May i see the example of the trap? Im curious to read the smart contract code  Grin

|   Facebook   |     Twitter     |                    R A N G E R S                    |    Discord    |    Medium    |
|    Telegram    |                    ─────     PROTOCOL     ─────                    |    Gitbook    |
████  ███  ██  █          VIRTUAL WORLDS BLOCKCHAIN INFRASTRUCTURE          █  ██  ███  ████
electronicash
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1051

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2021, 05:48:46 PM

If you are smarter than the thief, may you can exploit the smart contract and take the tokens inside the wallet.
May i see the example of the trap? Im curious to read the smart contract code  Grin

i didn't know there is this kind of scheme i will really be surprised if the wallet doesn't have any ETH inside while there is a big amount of altcoin. if there is UNI inside it means someone out there claimed it from uniswap. it does have an owner and if you want to sent it to your wallet that means you are also a thief. 

this is a funny situation actually, had this happened already i wanna see which wallet this is and see which users in bitcointalk tried to send ETH lol

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀