Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 04:42:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Did not receive BTC when transfering to Electrum wallet  (Read 107 times)
noomis (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 26, 2020, 02:25:35 PM

Hi,

I need help with my Electrum wallet, I didnt receive my BTCs when I did a withdrawal from the website I bought BTC from (Kraken if you want to know) they told me to contact my wallet provider but cant find Support on website and I found this forum so I hope I can get some help from experienced guys like you.

What do I have to do so I can receive my BTCs? I added the right adress in Kraken and sent all coins to my Electrum wallet. And when I open my Electrum it says "Not connected (proxy enabled) should it say that? I have 4.0.4 version of Electrum too.

Appreciate answers from you!  Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bob123
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 2481

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2020, 02:29:00 PM

Kraken is a reputable exchange. So they definitely didn't scam you.

Now, regarding your problem. This most likely is the issue:

And when I open my Electrum it says "Not connected (proxy enabled) should it say that? I have 4.0.4 version of Electrum too.

Your wallet needs to be connected to check your wallet for new incoming transactions.
Did you enable the proxy on purpose? If not, disable it in the settings. If yes, then could you confirm that your proxy works as it should?

You are most likely fine. If you want to be on the safe side, take your address from electrum and check it on a block explorer.
Does it show an incoming transaction / a balance? If so, you definitely received your coins. They are just not shown yet on your electrum instance.

noomis (OP)

View Profile
October 26, 2020, 02:34:39 PM

Thanks for your answear bob,

No I did not enable proxy I havnt touch my settings in Electrum, I have the Electrum app up now where do I disable it cant find :/ 

In the block explorer it says the transaction is confirmed but cant see anything in electrum.
bob123
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 2481

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2020, 02:39:05 PM

No I did not enable proxy I havnt touch my settings in Electrum, I have the Electrum app up now where do I disable it cant find :/  

If on PC: Tools -> Network -> Proxy
If with "app" you refer to your mobile, i don't exactly now since i don't use electrum. But it should be similair and somewhere in the settings / networksettings.

If the Proxy is disabled (as it should be), you can check whether Select server automatically is checked in the Server tab within Settings->Network. This should be the case.

In the block explorer it says the transaction is confirmed but cant see anything in electrum.

Good, then you are fine.
You received your coins. As long as you have access to your private key, you have access to your BTC.

It is just a network/displaying issue.

noomis (OP)

View Profile
October 26, 2020, 02:43:39 PM

Ok so now proxy is disabled and when I click on overview my stats is Not connected and I cant click anywhere it seems like I dont have "acsess" to click on select server automatically.

I have writen down my private key words so thats fine, what should I do now? Sorry if I am annoying btw, kinda new to this   Roll Eyes
mocacinno
Legendary

Activity: 3388
Merit: 4919

https://merel.mobi => buy facemasks with BTC/LTC

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2020, 02:45:30 PM

Thanks for your answear bob,

Ok so now proxy is disabled and when I click on overview my stats is Not connected and I cant click anywhere it seems like I dont have "acsess" to click on select server automatically.

I have writen down my private key words so thats fine, what should I do now? Sorry if I am annoying btw, kinda new to this   Roll Eyes

Well, first things first: are you opening this app on android, linux or windows? Do you have a different device at hand? Is your device connected to the internet?
It's hard to give advice if we don't know these things, since the app has a completely different ui than the desktop version.

As for the android app:
I do have electrum installed on my android phone:
tap the 3 dots in the right top corner
tap "network"
tap "proxy", make sure it's set to "none"

As long as you have the seed phrase generated by the verified version of electrum written down in a safe place, you have little to worry about... Sure, your wallet might have connection problems, but your funds are safe.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
noomis (OP)

View Profile
October 26, 2020, 02:52:45 PM

I use my laptop (Windows) and yes I am connected to internet.

I have my seed phrase saved yes.

If I uninstall electrum and reinstall it will that help?
mocacinno
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2020, 02:56:41 PM

Ok, so we're working with a desktop wallet Smiley
First things first: I assume you don't see a green dot at the right bottom corner of electrum's gui?

ps: yeah, i know, i run version 4.03, i have to upgrade to 4.04, it's just the first time i opened electrum since the upgrade became available...

Can you click the button in the right bottom corner and tell us if "select server automatically" is checked? Also, open the tab "proxy" and tell us if the checkbox "use proxy" is unchecked?

Reinstalling might work, in the sense that completely removing electrum (including the hidden folders that don't get removed automatically) and reinstalling it might clear any "wrong" configuration. But you might aswell try to figure out why you're not connected in the first place. By the way, never throw away your wallet files if you completely remove electrum's hidden folders, just move them to a safe place instead.

Did you check the pgp signature after you downloaded electrum?

EDIT, an aftertought: do you have any other devices laying around? A second laptop or an android phone? If your wallet wasn't funded with to much, you could try to install electrum's android app and restore it with the same seedphrase...

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
noomis (OP)

View Profile
October 26, 2020, 03:01:17 PM

The bottom is red and select server automatically is unchecked I cant clikc on it idk why.. proxy is unchecked too. Status: Not connected.

Im afraid of uninstalling it now tbh, I only have electrum on this laptop nowhere else but I uninstalled/refreshed this laptop a month ago and lost electrum ofc so I reinstalled electrum again can that be the problem?
mocacinno
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 26, 2020, 03:11:44 PM

The bottom is red and select server automatically is unchecked I cant clikc on it idk why.. proxy is unchecked too. Status: Not connected.

I've never seen this problem TBH (with this problem, i mean: not being able to check said checkbox)... I do know that electrum does things like detecting if tor proxy is running and adding/removing menu items based on this check... I have no idear if there's a check that disables checkboxes for automatic server selection...

If you cannot check this box, i guess it's either because a check failed (maybe a firewalling issue?), or because of a bug... I guess you could try to enter an electrum node manually, here's a screenshot of the list of available nodes:

you can always try to reinstall, or enter a different electrum node, but i'm afraid there's an underlying problem here... If you can't get it solved on your pc, maybe it's a good idear to open an issue on git, and in the meantime use a different device to restore your wallet to?

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
noomis (OP)

View Profile
October 26, 2020, 03:28:57 PM
Last edit: October 26, 2020, 09:44:41 PM by noomis

I fixed it buddy! Something went wrong in propertys on electrum shortcut  Roll Eyes

Thank you so much all of y'all help helped alot!  Kiss
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: