Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:02:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mt Gox Soon . . .  (Read 12305 times)
BTCurious

Activity: 714
Merit: 504

^SEM img of Si wafer edge, scanned 2012-3-12.

View Profile
December 01, 2011, 10:41:17 PM

Notice how when anyone asks "Why didn't you tell us this WEEKS ago???" they never respond?
I left those messages in there because I agree with you.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Vince Torres

Activity: 337
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 01, 2011, 10:56:45 PM

The self promotion is a bit over the top on the site. They should just allow it to speak for itself, instead of bombarding us with self advertisements.

Namecoin.com .bit domain registrar. Register a new .bit domain for just $1!
BTC: 1LpKzg24NHmrxLZbnVphcstV3s7uA8cSnT
LTC: LWHswCFRPouCXTNiT8B9HUVnGrae9eojVg
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 01, 2011, 11:08:03 PM

The self promotion is a bit over the top on the site. They should just allow it to speak for itself, instead of bombarding us with self advertisements.

They're trying to razzle dazzle people to distract users from the fact that their deposit and withdrawal processes are an absolute clusterfuck.  Hopefully their users aren't going to let themselves be distracted by promises of "great things" in the new year and will keep demanding that MtGox improve its functionality and customer service.  Based on past experience, I'm not confident that will be the case, though.  People tend to stick with MtGox no matter how appalling their service is purely because they have the volume.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
Anonymous

December 01, 2011, 11:34:48 PM

I was hoping for the merchant stuff to return.
Isosceles

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 02, 2011, 01:12:52 AM

Personally I prefer Bitcoinica's web design, more professional. And better customer service.

MtGox - What happened to merchant services & "margin trading & options coming soon..."?
Anonymous

December 02, 2011, 02:15:08 AM

MtGox - What happened to merchant services & "margin trading & options coming soon..."?

+1
Mt.Gox Support
VIP

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 02, 2011, 03:03:34 AM

I was hoping for the merchant stuff to return.

Be patient ;-) something even cooler is coming.

Mt.Gox : The Leading International Bitcoin Exchange.
Mt.Gox Merchant Solutions : https://mtgox.com/merchant
astana

Activity: 98

View Profile
December 02, 2011, 01:55:40 PM

MtGox it's sweedish for : making under the table deals to sell user information
BTCurious

Activity: 714
Merit: 504

^SEM img of Si wafer edge, scanned 2012-3-12.

View Profile
December 02, 2011, 02:47:30 PM

Please. There's enough things about mtgox which you can complain about without resorting to made up slander.

CoinHumper

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 02, 2011, 03:16:28 PM
Last edit: December 02, 2011, 09:46:41 PM by CoinHumper

Please. There's enough things about mtgox which you can complain about without resorting to made up slander.

I agree, I seriously doubt Gox is selling any info. I agree there is plenty of legit issues to point out.
ultima

Activity: 96

View Profile
December 02, 2011, 03:19:57 PM

I don't like the new design. It is a lot better than before (when there was no design at all) but still... it should look more like bitcoinica. Now it looks like some kind of japanese cartoon.

Buy/sell order page is awful, you have to switch between buy and sell page. The trade data price chart is useless. For instance if you have price swings between $2.5-$3.1 you should draw a chart in that range not $0-$3.1! The same problem with tradehill, useless trade data also. The advanced chart on the top has the volume drawn with a line! Where have they seen that?!

It is obvious they have never seen a real trading platform before, so don't wait for the options and margin trading on mtgox (they probably don't even know how options trading works anyway). Their idea of security is limiting costumers' withdrawal sizes, lol. If I deposit $50.000 I expect be able to withdraw MY money whenever I want! BTC or USD, it doesn't matter it si my money.

Mtgox is still bad. I try to use other exchanges as much as possible.
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
December 02, 2011, 03:40:30 PM

I don't like the new design. It is a lot better than before (when there was no design at all) but still... it should look more like bitcoinica. Now it looks like some kind of japanese cartoon.

Buy/sell order page is awful, you have to switch between buy and sell page. The trade data price chart is useless. For instance if you have price swings between $2.5-$3.1 you should draw a chart in that range not $0-$3.1! The same problem with tradehill, useless trade data also. The advanced chart on the top has the volume drawn with a line! Where have they seen that?!

It is obvious they have never seen a real trading platform before, so don't wait for the options and margin trading on mtgox (they probably don't even know how options trading works anyway). Their idea of security is limiting costumers' withdrawal sizes, lol. If I deposit $50.000 I expect be able to withdraw MY money whenever I want! BTC or USD, it doesn't matter it si my money.

Mtgox is still bad. I try to use other exchanges as much as possible.

lol at trader woes. Using Bitcoin for trading is childish because it's not in the spirit for which Bitcoin was developed. Go speculate oil so that transportation costs skyrocket, or trade corn so poor children starve. This attitude towards Bitcoin is pathetic. I don't mind if MtGox makes a few bucks this way to help fund their development, but hopefully this trading phase will end soon and they will address the real strengths of Bitcoin.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
ultima

Activity: 96

View Profile
December 02, 2011, 05:06:01 PM

Speculation works in both ways. I guess it is OK to short oil and push the price down but you must never buy it. Or any other commodity.

lol at bitcoin spirit. Where in the bitcoin protocol is written that speculating on the price of bitcoin is wrong?

You need liquid markets if you want real bitcoin businesses. And you need derivatives for those businesses to hedge their exposure.
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
December 02, 2011, 05:18:17 PM

Speculation works in both ways. I guess it is OK to short oil and push the price down but you must never buy it. Or any other commodity.

lol at bitcoin spirit. Where in the bitcoin protocol is written that speculating on the price of bitcoin is wrong?

You need liquid markets if you want real bitcoin businesses. And you need derivatives for those businesses to hedge their exposure.

It may not be written into the protocol, but for many years speculation (especially on margin) was illegal and for arguably good reasons. It still is in many countries. Save the economic mumbo jumbo for the pseudo-scientist believers. It's a zero-sum game. Businesses are irrelevant to markets, they are only one type of production instrument. Markets existed long before the internet and even electricity. Even ancient religions preclude making money just by trading money. THE ONLY THING THAT PROGRESSES SOCIETY IS TECHNOLOGY. Bitcoin is ALL ABOUT new technology.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
PaxumChris

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 02, 2011, 06:22:37 PM

I would like it if someone from mt gox could contact me. This thread is rather confussing :-)

i've attempted normals means of contact without any success

My email is chris@paxum.com

Thank you

Chris
MagicalTux
VIP

Activity: 608
Merit: 501

-

View Profile
December 03, 2011, 05:33:29 AM

@PaxumChris

Welcome to "Our World" when it comes to Mt.Gox. I couldn't believe the response from MtGox_Adam earlier in this thread to my complaint about exactly this. Mt.Gox's customer service is pathetic.

Now that you've made a post here you might get a response.

Just let me know how long it takes for you to get an answer from us, when you email info@mtgox.com.

As for Paxum, I've talked a couple of time with Ruth, who said maybe we'd be able to get a different account to send wires to, but we never had any update since then.
LightRider
Legendary

Activity: 1500
Merit: 1021

I advocate the Zeitgeist Movement & Venus Project.

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2011, 07:20:35 AM

I agree, I seriously doubt Gox is selling any info. I agree there is plenty of legit issues to point out.

Selling info is totally wrong and not the type of behavior that they engage in. They prefer to give your unencrypted data to third parties who are then hacked and get your info released publicly for free, which is an incredible value.

Bitcoin combines money, the wrongest thing in the world, with software, the easiest thing in the world to get wrong.
Visit www.thevenusproject.com and www.theZeitgeistMovement.com.
MrAnderson

Activity: 81

View Profile
December 03, 2011, 08:25:34 AM

So can anyone from Mt Gox tell me the easiest option for deposit and withdrawal to and from Australia?  Huh Undecided

>>> 1BcfL1QAZsxtpd92YYsbvDyih45mwA9xSo << Willing to endure the cringe-worthy Australian stereotypes for donations.

I'll wrestle a crocodile, show you my knife, throw shrimp on the BBQ, F**k your wife. Tongue
bitcoinminer

Activity: 322
Merit: 252

View Profile
December 03, 2011, 03:15:36 PM

Selling info is totally wrong and not the type of behavior that they engage in. They prefer to give your unencrypted data to third parties who are then hacked and get your info released publicly for free, which is an incredible value.

lol +1

Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful.

-Warren Buffett
Fireball

Activity: 674
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2011, 04:23:42 PM

ultima already knows, but for those who does not, you can watch derivatives market progress in this thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=50817.0

Margin trading platform OrderBook.net (ICBIT): https://orderbook.net
Follow us in Twitter: https://twitter.com/orderbooknet
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: