Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 07:16:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What happens to BTC if just a few whales will buy all left supply?  (Read 427 times)
Ucy

Activity: 2576
Merit: 402

View Profile
October 29, 2020, 10:16:22 AM

If much of the supply is concentrated in few hands,  held especially by those that are connected or those that can be controlled/influence centrally to possibly maniplute the currency price, then you can't trust the price to be fair and to be influence only by real demand and supply.
 One of the best solutions to this is to get majority of users fully control their coins, ensure that network currency isn't concentrated in few hands that can't be checked/balances by the network, and you could have internal mechanism controlled by Network members to regulate the supply to prevent external/internal manipulations by such whales or exchanges
imstillthebest

Activity: 1638
Merit: 122

View Profile
October 29, 2020, 10:30:58 AM

There is 18.5 million BTC in circulation right now, more than 1 million BTC is lost or in dormant addresses.
and then ? what about the rest left supply of btc , how much is left to them ? but i did a calculation according to the data that you supplied .  18.5 million btc + 1 million btc is equals to 19.5 milion btc are now out so that means there are 1.5 million unmined btc left ? wew that was small , i didnt see that coming . i thought there still huge btc supply left .

. What happens if just a few whales will buy and control them all?
few whales only ? why panic but if you say what if all whales buy the rest of the supply , thats more scary . we can experience a huge dip or pump that we never seen before
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: