Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 02:58:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: USDT lost during transfer to Coinbase Wallet???  (Read 169 times)
southerngentuk

Activity: 1316
Merit: 252

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
November 03, 2020, 08:50:08 AM

Unfortunately for you, for $ 400 this is a pretty large amount that can be used for many things in life. And perhaps if you look at everyone's share, you can also guess where your $ 400 is, i want to give you an incentive, treat that money as your tuition in this market, or trust yourself to get more money than the lost money.

SUGAR
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Chuky92
Copper Member

Activity: 966
Merit: 5

View Profile
November 03, 2020, 09:04:30 AM

I can't get it but kept asking, Coinbase do not support USDT, where then did you get the wallet address from? Which likely means you mistook it for another wallet address. At this juncture, the only people that can help you is the support team of Coinbase, however the chances might be low, this is because most platforms always states it that, you have to be careful of the asset you deposit, because on depositing the asset to the wrong wallet, the asset will be lost and there is nothing the exchange can do, I have seen that in all exchanges. Nevertheless, you can still write to them but your chances are very low.

thesmallgod

Activity: 1498
Merit: 129

View Profile
November 03, 2020, 10:06:36 AM

Thanks for answers guys. I knew Coinbase account doesn't support USDT, but I'm using Coinbase Wallet, which is a software wallet different than my coinbase exchange account. It's the equivalent of Metamask, Trust Wallet, etc.

Here below is a screen capture of my wallet, it definitely supports USDT, I have a small amount in it.

Where did you download wallet from ? it it from official coinbase website because the one I downloaded from coinbase google store does not support USDT. by the way, USDT have various blockchain probably you might have sent an OMNI usdt to erc-20 wallet or viz versa. you will need to check this before making transfer in case of future needs
mcrypto256 (OP)

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 03, 2020, 01:01:27 PM

OK guys, apparently I was able to redeem my funds. After 9 weeks and only after I opened a case with BBB against Coinbase, the support people finally responded to my ticket. They said the funds were sent to the correct address via OMG network, but they cannot be seen on ERC20 network. I had to import my Coinbase wallet into Trust Wallet using the passphrase, then I connected with this new Trust Wallet to OMG network and I found the 400 USDT laying there on the floor. I had to "Exit" the funds form OMG network and after 5 days (for confirmation I guess) the funds were released back to ERC20 stream. From there (and after paying some GWEI) I had to interact with a ERC20 contract to transfer the funds from ERC20 stream to my ERC20 wallet.

Sooooo, very complicated process, I know for sure I will never try to mess around with any new networks and streams out there as the web of networks is very complicated and tricky, at least for me. Hope this thread helps anyone else having similar issues. Good luck!
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: